PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Group Forming.. care to join?

dizzylizzy
09-14-2003, 07:22 PM
well, a few of us have decided to put a lunar group together for this nekocon (also otakon 2004). Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue.

Currently we have:
Jessica- myself
Lemina- celesdragon
Jean- kurobara
Luna- reiko

if anyone would like to join, pleez let us know. : )

Studmaster
09-14-2003, 07:41 PM
You know, I wish you had posted this a lot earlier, cause my Cosplay plans are basically set for the next year. And none of them include the Ronfar Costume I've always wanted to do. >_<

dizzylizzy
09-14-2003, 09:50 PM
damn you stud! lmao. it was a spur of the moment thing for neko... otakon was a definate. ^^

KuroBara
09-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Grr...bad Studmaster! Lol, it seems like we're doomed to just Lunar girls for Nekocon.

I've always wanted to be a dancing ninja.

CelesDragon
09-16-2003, 10:25 PM
I know there's always a few lunar cosplayers walking around at every single con I've gone to. Noone cares to join in?

SailorMo
09-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Sure... the one year I CAN'T go to Neko.....

I would be your Mia if I could.... :sniff:

dizzylizzy
09-20-2003, 11:44 AM
:::Cries::: sailor mo~~ you have the best mia ever! ^^ that's okay if you can't go to neko... we're having one for otakon too... it's just not posted yet. : )

any takers?!?! come on! it's the best rpg ever! (and this is coming from a FF guru)

Mira Twilight
09-21-2003, 07:59 PM
If you plan it for next year's Otakon, I can guarantee you my boyfriend and I will be your Hiro and Lucia. :D

CelesDragon
09-21-2003, 09:15 PM
It's a definate for Otakon next year.

dizzylizzy
09-21-2003, 10:14 PM
If you plan it for next year's Otakon, I can guarantee you my boyfriend and I will be your Hiro and Lucia. :D

AWESOME! i shall pencil you in. ^^

we now have a ruby for this group also for nekocon and otakon. ^^ ainslye will be her. ^^

madhatterr104
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
hi ^^

i'd love to join your group, my AIM is sweetmisery8614....maybe i could be Royce..IM me so we can talk about it ^^

Mira Twilight
09-22-2003, 01:02 PM
You guys all rock, we need to get the biggest Lunar group going in history, mwhahahaha!

KuroBara
09-22-2003, 05:11 PM
You guys all rock, we need to get the biggest Lunar group going in history, mwhahahaha!

That's the plan! We also have a Mystere for Otakon. Mira! You and your boyfriend were adorable at Otakon, I wish I could have had Jean done for it.

Madhatter- A Royce would be cool, we're lacking villains! Do you mean her in the cloak, or the body paint-and-being-held-up-by-the-will-of-god version?

Umm, right now, has anyone noticed that this Nekocon group is all Lunar girls?

Mira Twilight
09-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah, you need some guys to step up to the plate! hehe. It's funny too, I hear so many guys who write to me, saying how they've always wanted to cosplay Lunar, but then you rarely see them.

Thanks KuroBara. ^_^ You would be so pretty as Jean! I hope to see you and Mystere at Otakon next year!<3

madhatterr104
09-22-2003, 06:46 PM
kuro- i would do the cloak version..anyone know of some great referance pics? all i can find are close ups of her face, never the whole robe :(

dizzylizzy
09-22-2003, 08:01 PM
i think i have some reference pics... i'll get back to you on that. ^^

EDIT!!!!!:
i did some screenshots for ya!
http://www.tidalstorm.com/lizzy/album13
i hope they're okay. i couldn't find anything better. ^^

madhatterr104
09-23-2003, 12:07 PM
thanks lizzy, those will help :)
i found a tiny picture at the bottom of this website http://members.fortunecity.com/webspeedi/lchars.html hopefully i can use it..lol.

i have blonde hair so i won't have to get a wig, but i don't have bangs..do you think it would still look ok? i hope i don't have to cut my hair o.O

dizzylizzy
09-23-2003, 08:34 PM
lol that pic is 100 times better than those screenshots! lol i looked through everythign and couldn't find a front shot! GOOD JOB! ^^

i think the hiar will be fine. no one is going to notice at all. besides, it's not you'll be entering a hall costume contest. ^^ i can't wait to see the results btw!!

madhatterr104
09-25-2003, 05:30 PM
i know it's kinda earily, but when is everyone getting here, where should we meet up, ect.

just wondering ^^

dizzylizzy
09-25-2003, 07:14 PM
we're thinking about saturday or friday nite. i know that reiko wants to enter the hall costume contest with her wedding yuna... perhaps first thing on saturday. i believe the contest is in the afternoon. ^^

Reiko
09-26-2003, 09:12 PM
yup yup wedding Yuna must be judged! I saw Friday afternoon after I get the thing in the contest... I'll get in line REALLY early in the morning..on friday that is so hopefully I can be Luna on friday afternoon!

dizzylizzy
09-27-2003, 03:39 AM
reiko~~~ i believe the contest is on saturday. BUT i may be wrong. ^^

everyone~~~ let's shoot for sat morning, first thing. ^^ i'll figure out the photo shoot time when more nekocon info becomes available. ^^ right now, i know i'll be wearing it all day. joy!

Reiko
09-27-2003, 11:39 PM
okay so we are shooting for sat morning...

CelesDragon
09-28-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm in for the whole day!

dizzylizzy
09-29-2003, 01:35 AM
celes~~ first i poke you. ::poke poke poke::: then... i show youo gummies ::shows gummies:: then.. i EAT THEM ::eats gummies::

i'll be wearing it the whole day too. lol

Stueypark
09-29-2003, 11:31 AM
celes~~ first i poke you. ::poke poke poke::: then... i show youo gummies ::shows gummies:: then.. i EAT THEM ::eats gummies::

i'll be wearing it the whole day too. lol

you said poke, tee hee

:p

dizzylizzy
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
:::looks at stu::: you know, i can hurt you in real life for spamming my thread. lmao!!!!!

btw, he's probably going to be our hiro. wooooo hoo!

CelesDragon
09-29-2003, 11:12 PM
*snatches gummies away* My gummies, not yours!

so, Nekocon:

Jessica- Dizzylizzy
Lemina- me
Jean- kurobara
Luna- reiko
Ruby - ainslye
Royce - madhatterr104
Hiro - Stueypark (?) Come'on, you'd be the only guy

Otakon 2004:

Jessica- Dizzylizzy
Lemina- me
Jean- kurobara
Mystere - Kurobara's bf
Luna- reiko
Lucia - Mira Twilight
Hiro - Mira Twilight's bf
Hiro - Stueypark (?)
Ruby - ainslye (?)
Royce - madhatterr104 (?)

dizzylizzy
09-30-2003, 12:21 AM
reiko is dropping out of the group. tora and the gang are doing IY and she really wants to be in it. ^^ oh well!!

and thanx beth for making the list... i was procrastinating. lol anyhow, let's not worry about otakon until after neko... that way we won't get confused. lmao ^^ i still luv you though.

:::goes on a search for lead lunar peeps::: cuz right now.... EB is beating SSS lol

Reiko
09-30-2003, 11:13 PM
yup I'll be doing it for Otakon ^_^

sorry guys... I would have had it done by katsu ...

ainslye
10-02-2003, 05:51 PM
yo, yo! ^_^ I'll wear ruby all day. I'd like to wear Ruby for otakon if it's a friday thing.... I'd like to make something new for the saturday costume, okiees?
yay! fun-ness!

*looks to liz* lizzzyyyy what do I do with this pattern thingie? LMAO.....

dizzylizzy
10-02-2003, 11:44 PM
:::looks at ainslye::: you cut it out and pin it to the fabric silly! ^^

anyhow... i've uploaded a progress pic!!!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=75926&nocache=1

KuroBara
10-24-2003, 11:07 AM
*kicks thread to the top*

How's progress going? Jean is still a pile of fabric and 3 painted flowers >_< Sunday & Monday are my days off, I plan to do it then.

dizzylizzy
10-24-2003, 01:31 PM
girl..... i'm ALMOST done. but then... i keep saying that. lol my yellow stuff is painted. the yellow part that goes onto the sleeves is connected. today it's connecting the shoulder area.... gyah.... and attaching the yellow to the hood. then.... SHOES!

mwuahahahahaaa!

ainslye
10-24-2003, 06:55 PM
I'm close! I made the tails and attached the ears to the wig last night. All that's left is the wings, attaching the bow (how to do it???) and putting some elastic in the leg things.... oh, and painting the stripe. Right now, I'm just a very pink cat.

CelesDragon
10-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Still got some sewing left. Gotta get the two main pieces of the dress together, and not screw up on the zipper. I still need to do the wand though, any ideas?

dizzylizzy
10-24-2003, 08:50 PM
progress pic... celes, you saw it already.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=90636&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

madhatterr104
10-26-2003, 11:01 AM
ah! 12 days left :)

i havn't even started..lol..im getting fabric today..but i have this weekend and next weekend and the 2nd & 3rd to do it...lol..gezz, im such a slacker..

dizzylizzy
10-26-2003, 11:10 AM
ah! 12 days left :)

i havn't even started..lol..im getting fabric today..but i have this weekend and next weekend and the 2nd & 3rd to do it...lol..gezz, im such a slacker..

lol neither has kurobara. lmao. you guys are 2 of a kind. besides, there's plenty of time. WOOOO!

ainslye
10-26-2003, 10:44 PM
Wings, done. Bow, done. All I need to do is paint the stripe and I am FINISHED, bay-be! Check my costume list for progress pic. ^_~

KuroBara
10-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Are we doing a walk-on during the masquerade? Or the hall costume contest? This is the first time I really want to compete ^_^

dizzylizzy
10-29-2003, 04:05 PM
miaka, i'm definately doing the hall costume contest. i luv my jessica!!! girl, you can stand in line with me.

as for the masq- too shy, plus it's full. katsu maybe? lol

madhatterr104
10-29-2003, 05:33 PM
is anyone going to be there on friday?

i guess im going first thing in the morning to wait in line for a pass ^^;;
so i'll probably be there all day..and i don't want to go by myself :(

and im thinking of entering the hall contest too

dizzylizzy
10-29-2003, 05:54 PM
we will all be there on friday, but not until late morning/early afternoon.

i'm still trying to figure out when to have the shoot for all of us. i need to find out if reiko is free at all on saturday. ^^

CelesDragon
10-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Saturday! .. like I have a choice with a room full of Lunar-ites.

Almost done! I still have to start on the wand and the boots. I've got the shoes, just need to put those cuffs on them.

And thank Gos for pre-reg! Kurobara and I will be driving partially down from my place to Lizzy's on thursday, and then making the rest of the haul on friday. I do NOT want to have to stand in line after all that.

dizzylizzy
10-29-2003, 11:41 PM
:::smacks head::: DUH! reiko isn't in the group for this con! silly me!!! lol

so... who's up for the shoot being on saturday? i have to see what time the hall judging and c.com photo shoot is.... but i think saturday would be ideal. : )

EDIT: contest is @ 2:00 - 5:00pm,
c.com shoot is @ 2:00.

let's make the shoot for 1pm that way we can all get lunch before it gets busy.... cuz i have a feeling, once all that's over with, we'll be getting in the masq line!!!! ::Remembers last year:: EEK!

ummm..... meet @ outside where the pool is. if it's raining, meet at the front desk. k? k!

any questions? thoughts? concerns? gummie bears?

Stueypark
10-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Gummi Bears? yeah, two bags!

ainslye
10-30-2003, 07:00 AM
mmmm... masq walkon sounds like fun.... muahahahaha. are we hall costuming as individuals or as one massive group?

madhatterr104
10-30-2003, 02:34 PM
ok, here is my plan...

because nekocon is such a big deal to me, im skipping school on friday to wait in line for a pass (and i really hope i don't have to wait outside)
is there a place i could met up with someone? (i don't want to go alone) its fine if im there by myself for awhile wondering the con aimlessly lol, but i really want to met u guys and hang out before the whole cosplay thing ^^

dizzylizzy
10-30-2003, 02:59 PM
well, i think we're arriving in the early afternoon, then checking into the hotel (red rood), changing and then going tot eh con. it's not a set plan, but i have a feeling that's what'll happen. i'll be wearing my summoner yuna on friday nite, so you should be able to spot me... i have no clue what everyone else will be wearing. ^^

jen~~~ i was thinking individuals. as for a walk on.... i'll do that at katsu if you go with me. ^^

madhatterr104
11-01-2003, 02:31 PM
new plan..lol..

if i get my costume done on time, can i just show up for the photo shoot (if it is outside)? i won't be able to go to the con :(
but i can met up with everyone at katsucon :)

dizzylizzy
11-01-2003, 03:59 PM
new plan..lol..

if i get my costume done on time, can i just show up for the photo shoot (if it is outside)? i won't be able to go to the con :(
but i can met up with everyone at katsucon :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! omg!!!! this is so sad!! why can't you come?? : ( but you're right, there IS katsu!!!!

madhatterr104
11-02-2003, 11:41 AM
well, i just don't know if it is worth it...skipping school to wait in line by myself for a pass i may not get :(
stupid 1600 rule thingy...

we will see how it goes...im working all day on the costume..i'll be back with updates on the costume and if im going...

and if i went..how early should i get there? like 2 hours before it opens? ek..

ainslye
11-02-2003, 09:02 PM
ok Lizzy... our special group will do a walkon... muahahaha. Are the rest of you up for a katsu walkon? Perhaps I should move this to the katsu thread...
anyway, so I finally got to upload Ruby to my gallery, only it's not showing up on my costume list. *cries* But it's in my gallery. All I have left is to add the stripe, which I will do as soon as I'm done some art for the auction.
^_^
Whaddya think? did it turn out ok for my first complete sewing experience?

dizzylizzy
11-02-2003, 11:35 PM
well, i just don't know if it is worth it...skipping school to wait in line by myself for a pass i may not get :(
stupid 1600 rule thingy...

we will see how it goes...im working all day on the costume..i'll be back with updates on the costume and if im going...

and if i went..how early should i get there? like 2 hours before it opens? ek..

yeah, i'd get there early too if you still wanted to go. i really don't have a clue anymore about how it will be this year. they keep updating though so check it out. http://www.nekocon.org

jen~~~~ it looks soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!! you rule!

ainslye
11-06-2003, 07:09 AM
AHHH! we leave tomorrow~ :) :)

madhatterr104
11-06-2003, 02:26 PM
getting up earrrly tomorrow morning to get in line..wish me good luck!

dizzylizzy
11-07-2003, 02:37 AM
::wishes madhatter good luck:: it's 2:37am... we leave at 4am. lol dear lord

madhatterr104
11-07-2003, 11:56 AM
blanketcon! thehehe

*jeporady theme* stu stu stu stu stu stu stu..stu stu stu stu stu stu stu

hey lizzy & jen, what's your AIM screen name? (me: sweetmisery8614)

ainslye
11-09-2003, 09:07 PM
blanketcon! thehehe

*jeporady theme* stu stu stu stu stu stu stu..stu stu stu stu stu stu stu

hey lizzy & jen, what's your AIM screen name? (me: sweetmisery8614)

I'm ainslye... ooohh big surprise... LoL.. though be warned... I'm always away. A lot of the times I'm really there, but I don't like taking the away mssg down. If I don't respond, I really am gone.... ^_^

Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
And
AMARANT!

no, not together.... yaoi = bad

madhatterr104
11-09-2003, 10:12 PM
im the opposite..lol...i'm always on, but i forget to put my away message up when i leave.

dizzylizzy
11-09-2003, 11:53 PM
::Waves hi:: the stalker trio is finally checking in. wooooo! we looked awesome guys!!!!

oh happy day! ::the trio is flighty. ^^::

oh... screenname: lizzysandwich and can you believe it took me 10 seconds to remember?! WTF?!

ttyl guys! too tired to think......

Stueypark
11-10-2003, 09:35 AM
*waves* First back and last checking in =)

CelesDragon
11-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Making a final check-in. Got home around 4:30 today and Kuro left about 6-ish. I go sleep now.

Amarant + Stuuuu Yaoi = bad. Wendy's not bothering to sell their toys = even worse. Orgy bed = Good. Moogle rug = Better. Redneck Moogle Hunter = Best.

Stueypark
11-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Orgy bed = Good. .

yeah, no kidding... aside from the elbow in the middle of the night =)

and no, I don't think any Stuuu on Amarant action is in my future.

ainslye
11-10-2003, 11:02 PM
LONG LIVE THE MOOGLE HUNTER! I shall have those pics posted to my cosplay gallery very, very, soon. ^_^

KuroBara
11-11-2003, 12:30 AM
not that I finished my Lunar cosplay, but I'll say it again: your costumes rocked! It was fun being camera / bag bitch.

And I can't even think about the moogle hunter without laughing. Just...so...wrong, yet so funny.

Stueypark
11-11-2003, 09:26 AM
And all this started because someone thought having a mullet would be fun.... friends don't let friends have mullets!