PDA

View Full Version : Games People Don't Usually Cosplay From

Butterfly_84
05-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, I like a lot of games that people don't usually cosplay from, for example, Legacy of Kain or Soul Reaver. I think mainly because it's such a game that only certain audiences like it. Some being not into cosplay, or maybe the costumes are too elaborate. Any games you feel the same way about?

eiriks
05-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Microsoft Flight Simulator. Nobody cosplays as one of the pilots! :toothy:

FalseAngel
05-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Radiata Stories. Though, I probably haven't been to enough cons or something.

I'm thinking of being Lily for something. XD

EmperorCesar
05-30-2010, 10:08 PM
I have been putting off my Shining Force 2 cosplay for years. Its my favorite game ever, I just keep pushing the cosplay back for some reason.

Ansatsusama
05-30-2010, 11:51 PM
is true much games and anime too don't be made on cosplay example... Tetsuwan Atom, dungeons and dragons... and other but i can`t remember... oh YEAH! muh characters of megaman Zero i think that is because the costumes are too complicated and have much work

Merodi
05-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Well, I'm a huge fan of Thousand Arms and would love to see it cosplayed more. Though the reason that no one does is more because it's obscure, not because it would be hard/unusual to cosplay from...

Spectreon
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes. It's even kind enough to provide us with portraits of each character once you've finished. Why is it not cosplayed from? It's an iPod game. And 95% of the characters have weapons. Or are giant robots.

Also, Kirby cosplay needs more love. Other than the main three. I've seen plenty of Kirbys, DeDeDes and Meta Knights, but there are plenty of other characters!

Neko_Damien
05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
A good one would be Wild Arms, or even legend of mana, two awesome games/series in my opinion

tarepanda
05-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Right now, the only one I can think of is Golden Sun. I'm just thinking of games with costumes that would probably make you go "ah ha!" once you see them. Maybe it's just me and my horrible observation skills. :/

Takemaru
05-31-2010, 07:16 PM
One game series I can think of for this subject is Tengai Makyou.

Liliana
05-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Saga Frontier and the Dragon Quest series. I always get so giddy whenever I DO see those cosplays! I wish they were done more. =P

_Jun_
05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
I haven't seen any Viewtiful Joe cosplays, now that I think about it. Even just Another Joe or something would be awesome.

And where are my Bomberman cosplays? I'd love to see some.

lynnafred
06-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Baten Kaitos!

I can't really explain why I loved that game so much, but I've never seen anyone cosplay from it, ever. I'm pretty sure I'd go to fangirl heaven if I ever saw anyone cosplay from that game. haha And I definitely second Bomberman and Radiata Stories.

mirrorsaber
06-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Still planning a Marina Lightyears fom Michief Makers but never got around to it due to figuring out how to do the legs and helmet. Would love to see some cosplays from that.

Also, Dark Cloud 1 and 2 need to be cosplayed more.

Lithium Flower
06-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Haunting Ground is one game I am dying to cosplay from. Fiona is such a beautiful character and I love the costume design. But I've never seen anyone cosplay her @_@ It's unappreciated really.

Mint from Threads of Fate/Dewprisim is one I'd love to do, I saw a commissioner who did the costume here on cos.com but I cannot afford it right now T__T and I won't bother a commissioner when I know I can't buy anything that costly for at least another year.

Kid from Chrono Cross is an old favorite as well, a bit more popular than the above two but still a fairly under-cosplayed character.

adulithien
06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I've never been to a con (I'm just starting out), but I would guess that people don't cosplay Shadow Hearts very often. Maybe also old-school stuff like Shining Force. I'd love to see it, though!

Neko_Damien
06-02-2010, 12:11 AM
I dont see any Goemon or Mystical Ninja characters :D lol that would be fun to see xD

Kaida Raishido
06-02-2010, 01:29 AM
I don't think ive seen anyone run around as any spyro characters yet.
But I know probably no one can pull of any Abe's Exodus characters. It would be too hard to move around as a slig or mudocen

Spinni
06-03-2010, 07:07 AM
There was a Spyro cosplayer at London expo last weekend. :)

I'd love to see someone cosplay a character from the Ratchet and Clank series 8D

eiriks
06-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Would someone dare to make a group from Leisure Suit Larry? :P

Chipface
06-03-2010, 08:26 AM
I've never seen anyone cosplay from Crysis. Probably because the nanosuit would be so hard to do. I wanna do it for Anime North next year.

Tabby Catty
06-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Megaman definitely needs some more robot master cosplays. With Megaman 9 and 10 out, I really want to see Jewelman and I'm working on Splash Woman currently.

Issu
06-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm currently working on a Legend of Mana costume for Otakon. Really, it'd be great to see more Seiken Densetsu cosplayers. I'd also love to see more Suikoden cosplayers, although they aren't as hard to come by as a lot of other series here.

KeronSHB
06-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I haven't seen any Simon Belmonts (from Castelvania) or most of the assassins from No More Heroes/No More Heroes 2.

Takeshi Ya
06-04-2010, 01:34 AM
What a sheer coincidence, that only 3 days before the OP created this thread I was looking for Legacy of Kain Blood Omen references. One day I hope to cosplay Kain, though maybe cross referenced with designs from the most obscure Enix RPG in the land, or some aspects from one of my old Dragon Quest cosplays because the designs are all very similar.

I'd like to see more cosplays from the Lufia/Estopolis series - SNES/DS, and somewhat infamous/controversial titles like Star Ocean, Drakengard, and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

MeiChama
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I never see very many Castlevania cosplayers. Or maybe I'm just not that observant. I remember my friend finding an Alucard one year. Course I didn't know who he was at the time. =w=

Jyuuk
06-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Would Legend of Legaia be one?

DireKitty
06-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Haven't seen any Muramasa: Demon Blade Cosplays... the art from that game is so pretty.

Imperator
06-14-2010, 10:31 AM
I've never seen anyone cosplay from Septerra core >.> then again im new to all of this .

Attentea
06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd love to see more Phantasy Star Online (ep 1 and 2 in particular) cosplays. Searching the database on the site here there are a bunch. I think it's that the costumes are fairly detailed so they are harder to make.
I'm working on one though. ^_^ Making my FOnewearl.

Aciano
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I say Power Stone would be one haha.

Takemaru
06-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Another video game series that should be mentioned is the Twinbee series, along with Momotaro Densetsu.

tsutaya
06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
not that many people in japan even do cosplay for this never mind in the states. any of the characters from melty blood.

astrya02
06-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Blue Dragon is something I don't see often. Other than that... basically any FF game that isn't either VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII, or XIII, unless they're doing the Black Mage.

Lady Arieta
06-16-2010, 04:17 PM
From My list I'd have to say

Growlanser Series
Legend of Legaia
Thousands Arm
Thread of Fate

I'm planning a Growlanser character cosplay myself, but its still a rarity to see someone cosplay that game series.

rainbowofstars
06-17-2010, 10:43 PM
I BARELY see anyone cosplay from Ar Tonelico or Disgaea at cons here in NC. Also a rarity is .hack. More people seem to be into FF ANYTHING, KH, L4D, and other games like that >_<

I plan on cosplaying from the serieses mentioned above that I barely see anyone do >_<

Cyanna
06-17-2010, 11:34 PM
not that many people in japan even do cosplay for this never mind in the states. any of the characters from melty blood.

I was just going to mention Melty Blood too! My husband is completely addicted to that series and it looks like we're going to be doing Tsukihime/Melty Blood cosplays for a while.

.....or rather....I'm going to be making Melty Blood costumes for a while...

origamikitsune
06-17-2010, 11:59 PM
While I've seen a couple of pictures online...I would say Legend of Dragoon.

tsutaya
06-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I was just going to mention Melty Blood too! My husband is completely addicted to that series and it looks like we're going to be doing Tsukihime/Melty Blood cosplays for a while.

.....or rather....I'm going to be making Melty Blood costumes for a while...

That is awesome please do post pics because I really wanna see lol
Im gonna be doing both versions of Sion and Arcueid. My bf wants to do Warachia and I'm already gonna make him a Ryougi Shiki (technically kare no kyokai she's in actress again though).

E-Master
06-18-2010, 11:18 PM
I never saw anyone cosplay as Sinistar from Sinistar. Which is a cosplay I might consider making.

Dan.I.Elle
06-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Microsoft Flight Simulator. Nobody cosplays as one of the pilots! :toothy:

I LMAO'D!!

I definitely wish more people would cosplay Granado Espada/Sword of the New World. I really want to get a bigger group together *o*

Scorpio8116
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places, but I haven't seen any Trauma Center cosplays aside from one or two videos on youtube. The difficulty of the costumes isn't much, but I suppose they'd be better identified if they went in a group?
I would've also mentioned Professor Layton, but it seems that people are getting into it and I'm seeing more attempts at the side characters, which makes me happy :]

RenRentheGreat
06-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Okami! It needs more love 3< Hence why I'm doing it! 8D

fev
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd ereally like to see a cosplay from "The Guardian Legend", and old labyrinth and shmup game for the NES by Broderbund/compile..

Think Samus meets Transformer here..

FyreGothChylde
06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Growlanser, Ar Tonelico, Eternal Poison, Legend of Mana, Saga Frontier..I plan to do a cosplay from these eventually, however. ^^

greenclouds
06-22-2010, 07:23 PM
I LMAO'D!!

I definitely wish more people would cosplay Granado Espada/Sword of the New World. I really want to get a bigger group together *o*

Agreed! The costumes are so pretty. I have 2 friends who have agreed to cosplay with me this year but they also have their own characters they want to do.

I would also love to see Last Remnant cosplays ^^

Dan.I.Elle
06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
ooohh what characters do they want to do?

greenclouds
06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
ooohh what characters do they want to do?

One of them will do the male fighter in the Camisa de Soldado costume with me at Otakuthon this year. He still has a few details to add.

My other friend will be recycling the Robe of Hellfire I made last year. I hope to improve it a bit before going to AX.

:'D

LaurenW
06-22-2010, 10:00 PM
i agree, people need to cosplay Baten Kaitos more :)

I dont think if seen any Onimusha or Breath Of Fire cosplays ever...

Sentinel150
06-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Myst.

My father played that series when I was little and I would watch him intently. Eventually I played every game in the series myself and was dismayed to find that nobody remembers it (except some of my teachers, ironically, lol).

Granted there are not many characters, and they look 1800s/steampunk or tribal in nature, but the Serenian elemental priestesses, Catherine, and a few other notable characters have unique costumes that are so detailed and archaic in appearance.

I myself will be making a Maintainer armor suit from the series in a year or two. People probably will not recognize it, but it will be a first. There is a convention made for Myst, called Mysterium, so I might go there. :)

Alynn
06-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Knights in the Nightmare. Well the character designs are so damn complex, but still, it would be nice to see one.

Cyanna
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM
That is awesome please do post pics because I really wanna see lol
Im gonna be doing both versions of Sion and Arcueid. My bf wants to do Warachia and I'm already gonna make him a Ryougi Shiki (technically kare no kyokai she's in actress again though).

We've already done normal Arcueid and Tohno Shiki. This year we'll be Neco-Arc and Neco-Arc Chaos at Otakon (and I may be Aoko too).

My hus wants to do Wallachia also (next year). Ideally he'd like me to be Archetype Earth and we'd go to a cosplay ball together. But I'm not ready to take on a full blown gown yet so vampire Sion is on the short list instead.

And now we're talking about going as Ciel and Roa too. >_<

bobo3
07-07-2010, 01:21 AM
F-ZERO! Except for Captain Falcon, people only cosplay him because of smash bros. I dressed as Samurai Goroh before for AX 09 and recently for AX 2010 and the people that recognized me acted so surprised.

There's a total of 45 characters from the entire series (counting the OC's from the anime) and most of them aren't even that hard to pull off, except for some of the villains.

Akiou
07-07-2010, 01:38 AM
I LMAO'D!!

Oh god! I'd love to cosplay Granado Espada! It just looks... sooo difficult to sew for. D:

And I am unsure if it's done often(I don't think so though...) I'd love to cosplay from The Lost Odyssey!

SourCherryTwist
07-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Ive always wanted to cosplay nina from Breath of Fire II. Just need a way to figure thos wings out...hmm

demifiend
07-07-2010, 05:02 AM
The non-Persona SMT games get so little love. Even though the demons and personas are the exact same designs, I still see one demon for every 10-20 Mitsurus, Chies, and Minatos.

han-Vu
07-07-2010, 05:46 AM
I'd love to see cosplays of some of the best downloadable service games from Xbox Live/PSN etc

Splosion Man in particular lol. That'd be crazy. Like for the developers commissioned cosplay for use in the music video playing on the end game credits. http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=IN28pH5p2HE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhk-UXQAnjE

moonfall
07-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Baten Kaitos!

I can't really explain why I loved that game so much, but I've never seen anyone cosplay from it, ever. I'm pretty sure I'd go to fangirl heaven if I ever saw anyone cosplay from that game. haha And I definitely second Bomberman and Radiata Stories.

Baten Kaitos was the first thing that came to my mind. It's kind of obscure, but a great game. I'd love to do Lyude or Milly (from BK Origins, the prequel).

People have mentioned Golden Sun and Dragon Quest. I've seen a few DQ8 cosplayers, and I think one Isaac from Golden Sun. Maybe when my hair grows back, I could cosplay Jenna or Felix.

pooky
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I have never seen a Rune Factory cosplay (though it's not a popular game in the first place)
And of course, we could always use more Mother cosplayers that aren't Lucas or Ness :D

moonfall
07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
A Rune Factory cosplay would be awesome! I don't know what character I'd like to see most, though.

HarpyLink
07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Not even a hint at Beyond Good & Evil. Come on, Jade is just begging to be cosplayed.

Celcia
07-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I've never seen anyone cosplay from the old game Mischief Makers. I'd kill to see someone cosplay as Marina Lightyears.

Buhdog11
07-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Lost Odyssey is one of my favorite games ever... And there are such cool, unique outfits and the characters have great back storys.... ( If you haven't played the game and you like RPG's i highly recamend it...) But I've never seen it as a costume...

Rewrite
07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I've yet to see one Lost Kingdoms or Lost Kingdoms II cosplayer IRL. And everyone I've found online who has cosplayed from those games has been the main character from the first game. Need more Tara/Adriannu and Rashianu cosplayers at least :c

The Banjo-Kazoie series I also have not seen many cosplay from. Even if the majority of the characters are animals it's always worth a shot to either make them human-like or actually make a full cotsume.

Not even a hint at Beyond Good & Evil. Come on, Jade is just begging to be cosplayed.
THIS. I've seen a few Jade cosplayers here and there but not nearly enough overall.

Skull_1
07-10-2010, 02:07 AM
A Rune Factory cosplay would be awesome! I don't know what character I'd like to see most, though.

I've been a fan of the series for a while, and actually just recently bought Rune Factory for the Wii. A Raguna cosplay is in the planning stage. :)

As for games people don't usually cosplay from... Final Fantasys < 7 (i want to cosplay Edgar or Setzer from FF6), Breath of Fire, Shadow of Colossus would be cool...

mirrorsaber
07-13-2010, 11:03 PM
I've never seen anyone cosplay from the old game Mischief Makers. I'd kill to see someone cosplay as Marina Lightyears.

I think I already mentioned it on here, but I'm planning her one day. Just a matter of when.

eBay Sniper
07-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Just bought the fabric today, so tomorrow, Ill be starting on Eddie Brown from Nostalgia. hehe

katx
07-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Well, I like a lot of games that people don't usually cosplay from, for example, Legacy of Kain or Soul Reaver. I think mainly because it's such a game that only certain audiences like it. Some being not into cosplay, or maybe the costumes are too elaborate. Any games you feel the same way about?

Hmm... I'd add a lot to the list, but at the top of my head I think The Last Remnant (Square-Enix RPG) is up there, possibly because not a lot of people played it LOL

But it's quite sad that not a lot of people cosplay Tekken characters :( It has a good variety of characters, very anime-like in a sense, and it's so easy to play (compared to other fighting games with complicated moves).

Infection
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
But it's quite sad that not a lot of people cosplay Tekken characters :( It has a good variety of characters, very anime-like in a sense, and it's so easy to play (compared to other fighting games with complicated moves).

I second that sad-ness, but I can understand why. Street Fighter is the cos-play-fighter craze and will always get the nod over Tekken (even though I prefer Tekken). I actually wanted to cos-play as Kuma from Tekken...well, I am GOING TO once I can find/make an affordable panda costume.

I'd personally like to see a Banjo Kazooie cosplayer. I think that'd be sweet as anything.

Lycorisa
07-14-2010, 11:57 PM
NieR replicant...er Sky of arcadia, breath of fire..many old ones. I would be so happy if someone cosplays zephyr from End of Eternity!

katx
07-15-2010, 12:22 AM
I second that sad-ness, but I can understand why. Street Fighter is the cos-play-fighter craze and will always get the nod over Tekken (even though I prefer Tekken). I actually wanted to cos-play as Kuma from Tekken...well, I am GOING TO once I can find/make an affordable panda costume.

I'd personally like to see a Banjo Kazooie cosplayer. I think that'd be sweet as anything.

Dude, if you ever do, you HAVE to go to Anime Expo in LA :D Xiaoyu would appreciate a kuma or panda LOL

Lexandra
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I have never seen a Rune Factory cosplay (though it's not a popular game in the first place)
And of course, we could always use more Mother cosplayers that aren't Lucas or Ness :D

There was a Raguna and Mist at Otakuthon 2009 in montreal and I do plan on cosplaying Cinnamon (from rune factory: frontier. ) sometime...

katx
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm going to add Curse of Monkey Island to the list :) Would be awesome to see lechuck and guybrush cosplayers lol

atlantisan
07-15-2010, 06:49 PM
DJ MAX Technika (prefereably while playing Technika ;o). Granted, this is a Korean-originated game and not a Japanese game, as well as an arcade game (though it's available on PSP too), but the costumes are so widely varied, from super simple (I Want You? lol) to very elaborate (Fate, To You, etc). I'll be cosplaying from two songs this year but if I could find any other Technika cosplayers that would be great. c:

Mochiko
07-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd like to see more Bust a Groove and Space Channel 5 cosplays. I though they were great games and the dance/rhythm genre doesn't get enough love, except for DDR and Guitar Hero. I'm trying to find a striped shirt so I can be Shorty and maybe commission an EZ-mouse. The Bust a Groove cosplays I've seen so far were pretty good. I've only seen one Space Channel 5 cosplayer and she was pretty good. I'd like to wear Ulala's pink dress someday.

Also Parappa the Rapper and UmJammer Lammy.

Lunairetic
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Vagrant Story, Koudelka, any Shadow Hearts game, any Seiken Densetsu game, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy V (especially the job classes!), Knights of the Old Republic, Romancing SaGa, RADICAL DREAMERS (will be be cosplaying from this shortly! XD), any of the Star Ocean games.... Chrono Trigger (though admittedly I've seen more CT cosplay than any of the former ones I've mentioned...)

astrya02
07-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I think Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future don't get a lot of attention either, cosplay-wise.

Tensaihime
08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
I've done some Rockman and Kirby (and not one of the 'main 3' characters), and I'm working on another robot as well a Banjo-Kazooie cosplay right now. I hope I have the guts to put on the face paint when the time comes.:bashful:

It may never happen, but I want to see somebody attempt a character from Ristar. Sure, nobody's human in that game, but that usually doesn't stop a cosplayer. XD

Big appleton
08-16-2010, 07:41 PM
hmmm, I have yet to see an Ace Combat cosplay.......though it be difficult to build a plane costume :D

Lost Cause
08-17-2010, 04:06 AM
hmmm, I have yet to see an Ace Combat cosplay.......though it be difficult to build a plane costume :D

Nothing stopping you doing one of the face characters. Except possibly the insignia, which I haven't seen available anywhere.

sexytime10
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone ever consider cosplaying as a character from Sekien no Inganock (赫炎のインガノック -What a beautiful people-)? The character design is incredible.
Here's the OP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkiTCXUWIVw Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

LilithaAngel
08-17-2010, 07:00 PM
No one every cosplays from Baroque. I'd love to be Alice or the Protaganist, but I've got too many cosplays on the go right now. Also there aren't many Harvest Moon cosplayers especially for the Rune Factory games.

Big appleton
08-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Nothing stopping you doing one of the face characters. Except possibly the insignia, which I haven't seen available anywhere.

true, but i've been recently procrastinating on making a workable Falken cosplay.............thing is, I don't know if it's even possible :D

Squeaker-Ed
08-20-2010, 11:41 PM
HOUSE OF THE DEAD!

I don't care if all the humans look the same, it needs a fanbase! And zombies need love too~!! (I'm planning on doing the Axe-Wielding Plaid-shirt Zombie from HotD 2!)

soren7550
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Perfect Dark. Of course, I'm trying to change that. (my sig should have the links to show off my attempts so far at making one)

Gitz
09-14-2010, 04:46 AM
The Banjo-Kazoie series I also have not seen many cosplay from. Even if the majority of the characters are animals it's always worth a shot to either make them human-like or actually make a full cotsume.

I made a fursuit of Banjo, complete with a big Kazooie plush to stuff in the backpack, over the summer. I'm currently working on a Trophy Thomas fursuit, right now.

Imaginary4nd
09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Y'know I have never seen anyone cosplay from Star Ocean the Second Story. (course, I don't go to that many cons... ;__; Which is prolly why...) But I think that game has a lot of interesting characters and their clothes are, I believe, just as interesting. It personally makes me sad that I couldn't give a hug to an Ashton with two stuffed animal dragons sewn to his back. (That will be the day my cosplaying/con dreams come true! *sparkly eyes*)

MeiChama
09-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Another that I RARELY see cosplays from:

Professor Layton series.

I got lucky at AX this year and actually FOUND a Layton and Luke pair walking around. I felt so bad for them cuz they said not a lot of people knew who they were so me getting all fangirlish and taking their picture made their day. XD

mousee23
09-27-2010, 04:36 AM
The World Ends With You. My daughter had me make her a Shikki-RG costume last year.Only problem was having to explain to people who she was.She made the cat herself.First time sewing,too

Heavens_Night
09-29-2010, 08:32 AM
A lot of NES-style games, like Earthbound/Mother and Yume Nikki(although recently, I've seen quite a few Yume Nikki cosplayers walking around). They're not particularly popular with cosplayers.

angels_darkiana
09-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Myst.

My father played that series when I was little and I would watch him intently. Eventually I played every game in the series myself and was dismayed to find that nobody remembers it (except some of my teachers, ironically, lol).

Granted there are not many characters, and they look 1800s/steampunk or tribal in nature, but the Serenian elemental priestesses, Catherine, and a few other notable characters have unique costumes that are so detailed and archaic in appearance.

I myself will be making a Maintainer armor suit from the series in a year or two. People probably will not recognize it, but it will be a first. There is a convention made for Myst, called Mysterium, so I might go there. :)

I may totally date myself, but I loved the MYST series, they are so hard, atleast for me. But what, besides a few side characters, could one play?

angels_darkiana
09-30-2010, 02:22 PM
There was a Raguna and Mist at Otakuthon 2009 in montreal and I do plan on cosplaying Cinnamon (from rune factory: frontier. ) sometime...

Um.....my friends and I are going as, Bianca, Tabatha, and Lute. No Raguna, but we are in a group. We are totally worried though that no one will recognize us in Anime Banzai. :blubber:

Sentinel150
09-30-2010, 10:11 PM
I may totally date myself, but I loved the MYST series, they are so hard, atleast for me. But what, besides a few side characters, could one play?

Lol, that is one of the main problems with Myst, I suppose. There is very little interaction with the characters, even the main ones, so people may not be as inclined to cosplay as them and you as the "Stranger" have no image of yourself really since it's first person.

Atrus, Sirrus, Achenar, Catherine, Yeesha, Gehn, Saavedro, the Serenian Priestesses, the Riven Moiety warriors/peoples, the Maintainers, Esher, Uru Avatars and the Bahro are really the only cosplayable characters that come to mind.

I've seen a Yeesha (Uru garb), Saavedro, Catherine (Riven), and a D'ni here on this site, so some have been done before.

Like you said, though, when Myst came out it was aimed at adults due to the level of difficulty and the fact that it was a strict puzzle/exploration game with no combat whatsoever. Were it not for my father, I would have never been exposed to it.

Too bad they ended the series a couple of years ago :( I've heard rumors of a movie based off the Book of Ti'ana (one of the novels) possibly being pitched, but it probably won't happen.

Nice to know someone else remembers Myst! :D

RiRiShi
10-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Lost Odyssey. My current aim is to cosplay as Seth Balmore. I've seen a couple of Seth Balmores... but the armour and boots are a real challenge for anyone. I'm thinking of getting it commissioned if possible.

I need to find an old man... he can be my son, Sed. lol

angels_darkiana
10-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Lol, that is one of the main problems with Myst, I suppose. There is very little interaction with the characters, even the main ones, so people may not be as inclined to cosplay as them and you as the "Stranger" have no image of yourself really since it's first person.

Atrus, Sirrus, Achenar, Catherine, Yeesha, Gehn, Saavedro, the Serenian Priestesses, the Riven Moiety warriors/peoples, the Maintainers, Esher, Uru Avatars and the Bahro are really the only cosplayable characters that come to mind.

I've seen a Yeesha (Uru garb), Saavedro, Catherine (Riven), and a D'ni here on this site, so some have been done before.

Like you said, though, when Myst came out it was aimed at adults due to the level of difficulty and the fact that it was a strict puzzle/exploration game with no combat whatsoever. Were it not for my father, I would have never been exposed to it.

Too bad they ended the series a couple of years ago :( I've heard rumors of a movie based off the Book of Ti'ana (one of the novels) possibly being pitched, but it probably won't happen.

Nice to know someone else remembers Myst! :D

Good to know that others have cosplayed as those indivuduals, and thanks again for giving me the names that will help me look them up. I suppose if you don't have a cosplay outfit planned out, where street clothes and say your the 'stranger' from MYST. :thumbsup:

I am excited to hear atleast there are a few rumors going around about a MYST movie. I think I read something somewhere that they were going to make another MYST game, but that could have been a spoof. I hope not.

Sentinel150
10-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Good to know that others have cosplayed as those indivuduals, and thanks again for giving me the names that will help me look them up. I suppose if you don't have a cosplay outfit planned out, where street clothes and say your the 'stranger' from MYST. :thumbsup:

Yep! Hope I was of some help if you are looking to cosplay from Myst! There are more characters but they are only in the novels and thus have no real image-reference.

I am personally making a Maintainer from Myst Uru. Your avatar character (this is the only 3rd person Myst Game) can acquire a suit (once I got it I never took it off!). They were originally a guild of individuals who had near indestructible armor that could survive a supernova/other extreme conditions if an Age had become "unstable" (as in the case of Riven) or damaged. This was so that if an old Linking Book was recovered someone could scout out ahead to make sure it was safe/habitable and then link back.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/myst%20maintainer/ravingspawn/uru%20maintainers%20suit/art_maintainers-1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9-zZY3ssg4E/SkKHABC5BMI/AAAAAAAAAMM/IiGTkpKpA9Q/s400/Maintain+Suit.png

The first is an artist's interpretation of them back when the D'ni were still thriving. The second is the in-game Uru model I will be basing mine off of (this was the only decent picture I could find online, so ignore the bubble). Fortunately you can take snapshots in the game, so I have amassed substantial references of my character :D.

It would be nice for something new to be made, but at the same time I would not want it to be handled incorrectly as so many adaptations have been in the last few years. I believe a Myst convention is still being held annually. I hope to go there some day.

Sentinel150
10-02-2010, 11:23 AM
angels-darkiana-

If you are looking up Myst characters as possible cosplays, and seeing as how you're female (from looking at your previous costume choices) I would suggest Catherine, Yeesha, or one of the Priestesses from Serenia.

I've considered making them myself, but I love crafting armor and the Maintainer was "me" in a sense, so I chose that over them.

Catherine is Atrus' wife, whom he met after falling into a dispute with his father Gehn in the Book of Atrus novel. She proved to be the best of Gehn's pupils in the art of writing, and could create ages that defied the natural laws (like Serenia). In Myst Riven, you are asked to save her from Gehn, while in Exile she is briefly seen at the beginning with a baby Yeesha. Her clothing is beautiful, and there were official replicas made of her outfit but they are really hard to find. Others have opted just to make them.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/Malrang/Catherine_Riven.jpg

Yeesha (also called the "Grower" and the "Desert Bird" of D'ni legends) is Catherine and Atrus' third child, after Sirrus and Achenar. In Myst Revelation she is a young girl who is abducted by the brothers, one with the intent of using her to exact revenge on Atrus for years of imprisonment (not going to give anything away though :P). In Uru you see her as a hologram or listen to her voice-recordings. She is a young woman at that time, and she guides the future-adventurer/player in a quest to revive D'ni and save the "Least". These end up being the Bahro creatures in End of Ages (the last game) and Yeesha appears in the flesh as a middle-aged woman who implores you to recover a tablet and, if all ends well, free the Bahro from their centuries of servitude and living in shadow.

http://myst5.com/images/myst4pic015.jpg

http://talesfromthecavern.net/files/thecleft/Thumbnails/35.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2891/1466727-kveer_10_super.png

The Priestesses of Serenia are an all-female group who live peacefully alongside the elemental spirits of Air, Water, and Fire in Catherine's Age, Serenia. Each priestess is given a guardian spirit from one of the elements, and dresses in a color-coded fashion depending on the spirit. (The player also gets a spirit. I think it can be any of the three, but I ended up as Wind/Air. I think it depends on chance/player actions or it may be the default). Yeesha's was Water. Some of the priestesses wear elaborate metal masks and all paint a colored stripe down their forehead and nose and then down their chin (in their elemental color, of course).

http://i.computer-bild.de/imgs/80828042_5014d77475.jpg

http://www.gamesover.com/Myst_4/myst40.jpg

They all have amazing costumes, so look them up or replay the games if you have time!

angels_darkiana
10-04-2010, 12:09 PM
angels-darkiana-

If you are looking up Myst characters as possible cosplays, and seeing as how you're female (from looking at your previous costume choices) I would suggest Catherine, Yeesha, or one of the Priestesses from Serenia.

I've considered making them myself, but I love crafting armor and the Maintainer was "me" in a sense, so I chose that over them.

Catherine is Atrus' wife, whom he met after falling into a dispute with his father Gehn in the Book of Atrus novel. She proved to be the best of Gehn's pupils in the art of writing, and could create ages that defied the natural laws (like Serenia). In Myst Riven, you are asked to save her from Gehn, while in Exile she is briefly seen at the beginning with a baby Yeesha. Her clothing is beautiful, and there were official replicas made of her outfit but they are really hard to find. Others have opted just to make them.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/Malrang/Catherine_Riven.jpg

Yeesha (also called the "Grower" and the "Desert Bird" of D'ni legends) is Catherine and Atrus' third child, after Sirrus and Achenar. In Myst Revelation she is a young girl who is abducted by the brothers, one with the intent of using her to exact revenge on Atrus for years of imprisonment (not going to give anything away though :P). In Uru you see her as a hologram or listen to her voice-recordings. She is a young woman at that time, and she guides the future-adventurer/player in a quest to revive D'ni and save the "Least". These end up being the Bahro creatures in End of Ages (the last game) and Yeesha appears in the flesh as a middle-aged woman who implores you to recover a tablet and, if all ends well, free the Bahro from their centuries of servitude and living in shadow.

http://myst5.com/images/myst4pic015.jpg

http://talesfromthecavern.net/files/thecleft/Thumbnails/35.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2891/1466727-kveer_10_super.png

The Priestesses of Serenia are an all-female group who live peacefully alongside the elemental spirits of Air, Water, and Fire in Catherine's Age, Serenia. Each priestess is given a guardian spirit from one of the elements, and dresses in a color-coded fashion depending on the spirit. (The player also gets a spirit. I think it can be any of the three, but I ended up as Wind/Air. I think it depends on chance/player actions or it may be the default). Yeesha's was Water. Some of the priestesses wear elaborate metal masks and all paint a colored stripe down their forehead and nose and then down their chin (in their elemental color, of course).

http://i.computer-bild.de/imgs/80828042_5014d77475.jpg

http://www.gamesover.com/Myst_4/myst40.jpg

They all have amazing costumes, so look them up or replay the games if you have time!

......:love: YOU ROCK!!! Thank you so much for all of these suggestions. The costumes are amazing, and I see myself in the near future recreating those. Thank-you so much for all of that information! I can't thank you enough, so instead I will opt for stalking you.

Sentinel150
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
......:love: YOU ROCK!!! Thank you so much for all of these suggestions. The costumes are amazing, and I see myself in the near future recreating those. Thank-you so much for all of that information! I can't thank you enough, so instead I will opt for stalking you.

Lol, your welcome. Good luck to you on whichever one you choose! Myst is a wonderful series and a PC game classic (it was also the first game to really market CD-roms instead of the floppy disks, which made the shift in the first place!). It's unfortunate that not many remember it :( but I hope that some cosplays may bring more attention to the series, if not just to pay homage to it, as it has been a major influence on me. :)

Once again, good luck! Glad my suggestions helped, and it's nice to know I'm not alone when it comes to Myst.

Expect to see a Maintainer a year or so from now :D.

striker0
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
One game I noticed that doesn't get much love is the Animal Crossing series. I actually did my first Animal Crossing cosplay a couple months ago, and there was some that liked it, telling me that it was something different from the Cloud's from FF7, the Mario's from Super Mario, and so forth. And even though I'm still working on a new gundam cosplay, I think for the time being, I'll enjoy doing more Animal Crossing cosplays.

nanakiff7
10-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I have not once in my life seen anyone cosplay from Dark cloud. It makes me sad. So, I will be putting together a Toan cosplay at some point~

FinalEVA
10-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I have not once in my life seen anyone cosplay from Dark cloud. It makes me sad. So, I will be putting together a Toan cosplay at some point~

Yep. Same with White Knight Chronicles. I really want to do a Lenoard costume sometime. A White Knight one would be cool, but that would be a bit over the top.

Sakura Efreet
11-07-2010, 02:18 PM

I have heard that there is actually a small group of cosplayers cosplaying characters from Dark Cloud at this year's Ohayocon. ^^

Corehoof
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM

AHHHHHH IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS, I am doing A Pigmask from Mother 3! and I am also doing Julia from Rune Factory 2! :3 so if you are in the eastern coast area with otakon and stuff be prepared for Piggy domination. >:O

Corehoof
11-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I have heard that there is actually a small group of cosplayers cosplaying characters from Dark Cloud at this year's Ohayocon. ^^

I JUST cosplayed Maxmillian, actually. And I got quite a few compliments on it :D So there are some out there. .. there is also a Xiao cosplayer out there.. >:O But yeah! I adore Dark Cloud.

touchmon
11-11-2010, 01:57 PM
I actaully want to do a Fragile cosplay. I want to cosplay Sai but I probably won't be able to bind my legs like her because I can't float around. ^_^.

And I really want to do an older Aria or Sonia from Rune Factory.

AceOfCraze
11-11-2010, 02:43 PM
I would like to see cosplays from:

Dark Cloud 2/ Dark Chronicle - If I see anyone who cosplays as Gaspard or Dr.Jaming at a convention, they WILL get glomped.

Viva Pinata - There's lots of human characters to cosplay as or you could do a human form pinata (like Pokemon Gijinka). I'm considering cosplaying as Professor Pester because he's my favourite character.

Okami - It's an amazing game and it's one of my favourite games too. I would love to see a Waka!

The World Ends With You - Once again another brilliant game with amazing characters that are just waiting to be cosplayed.

Icetigris
11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Skies of Arcadia, Baten Kaitos, pre-Gamecube and non-Smash Brothers Fire Emblem, and ye olde id games (Doom, Heretic, Hexen, etc.).

Eau de Decus
11-23-2010, 12:56 AM
I'd love to see an Isaac Clarke cosplay done from Dead Space. I've never seen one at any of the conventions I've been to.

Origin
12-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Drakengard. Drakengard dammit. Why does it not get ANY love??

DaemonForce
12-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Will there be random Clancerballs and a Professor Theo? o_O

Really badass games with rare cosplays...Okay.

Castlevania
Double Dragon
Golden Axe
Lufia 2
Megaman
Melty Blood
*verb here* Mama series
Devilish
Chrono Trigger
Prince of Persia
Izuna
Lifesigns
Ouendan
Phantasy Star
LaPucelle Tactics/Ragnarok
Tenchu
Tokimeki Memorial
Valkyrie Profile
Xenosaga

I'm sure there are others I would like to see but if I saw some mild concentration of this list at any con I'd probably drop dead. o_O

sailortintin
12-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Lets see here:

Dawn of Mana
Xenosaga (Esp. the other characters.)
Musashi
Okage: Shadow King
La Pucelle Series (Although, I have roped three of my friend into it :skidude2: )
Legend of Dragoon (One is these days)
Wild Arms Series
Bloody Roar
Other games I can't name now but will think of when I post this :)

Echosong
12-13-2010, 05:44 PM
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
American game, totally unloved and uncosplayed.

DaemonForce
12-13-2010, 06:14 PM
La Pucelle Series (Although, I have roped three of my friend into it :skidude2: )
I would love to see someone try their hand at a convincing Prier or Homard. Hell a Papillon complete with paper fan would look adorable. My hair is horrible and I try to stick to as few wigs as possible so I wouldn't make a great Croix. :/

You know, I just realized I almost never see any Street Fighter cosplayers anymore. I remember seeing maybe one or two at AX this year but that was it. WTF happened? x_X

EDIT: Also, Jet Force Gemini. :p

ManiacMarshall
12-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Body Harvest. Zombie Apocalypse. Grand Theft Auto. Wing Commander. Pumpkinhead: Blood Wings. Samurai Zombie Nation.

sailortintin
12-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I would love to see someone try their hand at a convincing Prier or Homard. Hell a Papillon complete with paper fan would look adorable. My hair is horrible and I try to stick to as few wigs as possible so I wouldn't make a great Croix. :/

You know, I just realized I almost never see any Street Fighter cosplayers anymore. I remember seeing maybe one or two at AX this year but that was it. WTF happened? x_X

EDIT: Also, Jet Force Gemini. :p

So far for my little group, I have a Prier, Princess Eclair, Alouette, and an undecided. I ask my sister to do Papillon. No luck with roping a Croix, Homard, Dark Eclair, or Culotte though. They might end up being plushies.

My brother use to kick my butt at Jet Force back in the day~

Eau de Decus
12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
American game, totally unloved and uncosplayed.So true...more daedra please!

tsutaya
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Will there be random Clancerballs and a Professor Theo? o_O

Really badass games with rare cosplays...Okay.

Castlevania
Double Dragon
Golden Axe
Lufia 2
Megaman
Melty Blood
*verb here* Mama series
Devilish
Chrono Trigger
Prince of Persia
Izuna
Lifesigns
Ouendan
Phantasy Star
LaPucelle Tactics/Ragnarok
Tenchu
Tokimeki Memorial
Valkyrie Profile
Xenosaga

I'm sure there are others I would like to see but if I saw some mild concentration of this list at any con I'd probably drop dead. o_O

Im cosplayin both Sion Atlasia and Tatari soon.