PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com dinner

TheAnarCHris
09-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Idea folks, one that not violence related (yet!). Since there's a resturant inside the hotel, why don't the whole bloody lot of us go out for dinner on Friday night, around 8ish in costume? It would be crazy go nuts!

Emeralda
09-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Idea folks, one that not violence related (yet!). Since there's a resturant inside the hotel, why don't the whole bloody lot of us go out for dinner on Friday night, around 8ish in costume? It would be crazy go nuts!

The hotel resturant is hella overpriced.. even for a hotel resturant. >.< I've eaten there once or twice after a meeting. I think it was like $15 for a soda and a rueben. Dude.. for $15, the guy from American Idol should have come out and shook my hand~!

aeva
09-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Yeah, the hotel restaurant is a bit too over my budget.....

Studmaster
09-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Is going out to dinner even a good idea in Rye, since everything you can acutally sit down and eat at closes at around that time. And getting there is just as much of headache as well. Unless we have transportation for everyone who wants to go. If people want to acutally eat in the hotel. Go for it. However, since we are dealing with Japanese Pop Culture Afficdanoes, a Pizza Party seems like a better idea IMO.

TheAnarCHris
09-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Well if's there a con suit a la Shoujocon, I think throwing a pizza party of sorts would rock if everyone chipped in and what have u not.

cyborg_mermaid
09-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Why don't we all just have a major mishmash of stuff that everyone brings and eat in someone's room. Room parties are always the best.

Emeralda
09-16-2003, 09:59 PM
No Con-suite. The hotel wouldn't let us have one basically. (rar) But they can't stop people from having pizza parties in their rooms.

TheAnarCHris
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
This is true. Very well. Who's down for helping moi throw a killer room food orgy type thingie?

hikura
09-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Acutally there is a pizza place nearby.I doubt it has enough room for a larger group of people but if we did outside and the weather was nice enough and did it at a reasonable time we could throw a picnic style event.Just bring paper plates along with napkins,some cups and a few trash bags we could have a fun time outside.Most likely with me a few friends and myself we are going to go to dinner.We were thinking of doing pizza ourselves that or a nice spanish place that i went to when i was down at shoujocon(forgot the name of the place but it was a great resutant).The place was cheap and gave large portions and the food was great.

TheAnarCHris
09-17-2003, 02:09 PM
We can order in ya know. I was reading the little menus in our hotel rooms at Shoujcon, it was get access to that area next to where the dealer's room was, that would rock tasty abs.

Emeralda
09-17-2003, 07:45 PM
There's going to be a map in the Program guide of places nearby to eat. This includes sit down resturants and fast food. Unfortunately I think I missed a couple. But like Starwind said, there are usually fliers in the rooms and around the hotel.

TheAnarCHris
09-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Yes, bow to Starwind...or something....

marsie
09-18-2003, 02:10 PM
No con suite? *gasps* what about a staff suite? There IS going to be a staff suite right?

As long as I do not have to work I shall, and I'll make Zephy come too. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
09-19-2003, 10:18 AM
::hits with stick::

You ever gonna upload them SJC pics?

marsie
09-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Dood...it was between the pictures and rent.....I chose rent. -.-

But they will be up soon. I promise.

neoangelwink
09-23-2003, 08:23 AM
^_^ pizza sound good it easy and very one love pizza. it cheep to! it be hard to get other place in rye from the hotel. we could even make pinic out of it, if other peep want bring other food stuff. if i rember i will make cookies. but no promise to bad memory.

it cool about the pic do when u can. i still have not developed my pic ether.

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Okay... Dinner? :)

The City Limits Diner in White Plains. It's open til 12AM.

If we can get enough cars down, then it's all systems go.

SmokeyTheBalrog
09-24-2003, 05:24 PM
You may wish to check out my thread:

Near AnimeNEXT a *FREE* OVERNIGHT NON-STOP ANIME PARTY with MUSIC, AND MORE!!!

We will be doing dinner. And since we have a local person (Christopher) and cars we have a lot more choices.

-StB (aka Michael)

Ranma Saotome
09-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Errr.... Where's the link? :p

SmokeyTheBalrog
09-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Errr.... Where's the link? :p

Doh! Sorry about that.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=21523