PDA

View Full Version : Advice - Planned Dark Side Leia!

Jenivere
06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm hoping to do a Dark Side Princess Leia for the London Film and Comic Con in July - not much time to get it sorted but I'm stuck on ideas! I'm settled on doing the Ep4 Double Buns for my hair, as I can do it, just, after a lot of time, hairspray and pins! Will also be using Force FX Darth Maul lightsaber, undecided whether to have it singular or double ended though so input on that would be great. As for the costume, I'm toying with a couple of ideas but don't know which would work best!

Option 1 - start from scratch with a black dress, modify it, add a leather corset and make a long Vader-style cloak with hood.

Option 2 - buy the official EP4 costume and dye it black and add hood if needed, so use the original belt rather than changing her look too much. Possibly add long black cloak also. Because cloaks look awesome.

Option 3 - combine options 1 and 2 (use the original belt with costume 1)

Also, not sure with option 1 to go with long tight fit dress, long loose fit dress, or short tight fit dress.

All advice welcome and all opinions will be thoroughly appreciated and considered toward the final costume! Thanks in advance :)

Much <3 fellow geeks x

Jenivere

Stormraven24
06-05-2010, 06:21 PM
How about a long dress with a slit up one side to the thigh (or less if you're not comfortable with a high one)? I like seeing ones like that with shoulders that kinda fall off and have a draped effect, if that makes sense. I like the idea of a corset over that. Maybe a vinyl or otherwise shiny one to stand out from the dress? Definitely have something with a hood, be it a cloak or attached to the dress itself. Make the cloak big and drapey so it can hide your face and give a bit more edge to the look.

Good luck, and I hope any of this helps ^_^

Jenivere
06-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Progress - early concept, shall be remaking the dress, thinking of tighter on top but loose sleeves and bottom, still leather corset on top because I can't afford a new shiny one :P will probably attach hood to dress and consider cloak as optional over the top if needed. Any more thoughts would be fantastic!

Early concept photo, click here (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2968/24576/Darth%20Leia%201.jpg)

tereshkova2001
06-07-2010, 11:32 AM
If you want to be recognizable as Darth Leia, instead of "hot Sith chick", you might want to stick more closely to one of Leia's original dresses. You could maybe copy her jewelry from the end of A New Hope, the square necklace is distinctive. The hairstyle is going a long way to help with Leia-ness as well.

If you haven't already seen it, The Padawan's Guide is a fantastic site for Star Wars costuming. Here's their page on Leia's classic white gown. http://padawansguide.com/leia_anh_costume.shtml

Jenivere
06-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Cut out the material ready here (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2968/24576/DSCF0025.JPG) , now just need to sew it up into the dress. Used the link for advice and help, thanks :)