PDA

View Full Version : SOMEONE HELP!!!(Otakon 2004)

Polylina
09-16-2003, 04:41 PM
Ok, I RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLYYYYYY
wanna go to Otakon!! The problem is I won't have a license for another year and my folks won't drive me cause they aren't going to the con..anyway I live in the NC area and am in DESPERATE need of transportation to Otakon and from Otakon.I live in Charlotte NC, and I have room arrangements, money, and I'm a really good car rider! Really! I'm quiet, I have good music, I'll help pay for gas and everything! Please let me ride with you nice NC dwellers to Otakon 2004!! I have so many plans and so little....transportation.. :bigcry:

Studmaster
09-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Polyana: Two things.

1) Otakon isn't for another 10 months+. Isn't it a little TOO EARLY to be making driving arrangements. More often than not, plans made too early without the right resources will fall through.

2) The Otakon board has a forum for this. Moving it to there.

trigunvash
09-21-2003, 01:20 PM
I agree its a bit too early to make arrangments, you'll never know what will pop up.

However there are some options you might want to look into if things don't work out.

1. Airlines
2. Amtrak (train, about a 10hour trip)
3. Greyhound (or some other bus service)

projectanime
09-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Aww, I don't think it's too early at all! I've already made so many plans. My hotel room will be booked soon I believe and I'm securing a ride down right now. I wish that I could help ya, but I don't live down there ^.^

Inque
10-08-2003, 01:45 PM
I think im getting there via bus ^_^; My friend talked me into riding a bus with him there. If I had a car...Id drive and pick you up from NC Polyina...me sowwy...Ill try to look and figure out ways for you to get there.

-Inque

SamuriSmurfX
10-30-2003, 04:33 PM
You can get a greyhound CHEAP!!!! and the greyhound bus stop in baltimore isnt even 6 blocks away from the convention. If you need a place to stay, thats anouther thing but im sure i can help you with that

Romann
10-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Geez...I wonder if some people are already planning for Otakon 2005...

Yeah...usually you can find a friend to ride with, and take the Bus or Train ( if you're rich) up to Baltimore. Just make sure you include the fares to get from the Bus/train port to the Hotel you're staying at... That extra cost is often overlooked.

Polylina
11-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Okie-doke, here's the deal:
Otakon will be my first solo convention, which I alone will be paying for. I come to you good people with a request!! If anyone in the Charlotte NC area is going to Otakon, I would be much obliged to help, meaning a ride to the convention and am prepared to chip in gas, snack, new appolstry money. I'm not particular to who takes me, either sex of any age (that can drive of course). Once again, if you're in the NC area and are willing to take a fellow cosplayer to her first solo convention, who will help pay for the trip there and back, PLEASE respond!! I have already decided to get my own room, so all I need now is a ride. I'm spending the majority of my money on the room so I can't really pay for one, like a plane or bus, but I can chip in gas money and stuff. So please people!! Have a heart! Help a girl out!

Inamichan
11-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Oooh..if this were last year, I'd love to help. :\ I'm from the Winston-Salem area...this year I'll probably be flying, though. I've heard it's actually pretty cheap. ^^; I'd actually suggest avoiding driving at all costs - it's a 7/8-hour trip with constant rush-hour traffic in Washington. @_@

And I don't think it's too early for planning. I did it around this time last year - if I had started any later, I wouldn't have been able to go (darn parents and their planning!). ^^;;;

sniper001
12-01-2003, 11:20 PM
10+ months? What have you been smoking man? wasent this thing posted like 11/25? and isent the con....... Oh shiesta wrong con. lol