PDA

View Full Version : NorthEast Cosplayers Picnic in Philly, Oct 25th, Ridley Creek State Park

Oshi
09-16-2003, 05:12 PM
It has been decided upon!

The second picnic in Philly will be Saturday, October 25th, 11AM-6PM
It's being held in Picnic Area 17 of Ridley Creek State Park, about 20 mins in the suburbs of Philadelphia (it's so big, it's in three townships ^^; )
The area features...
-A picnic table pavilion (roof over our heads!)
-Ample parking space
-Playground elements (swings and slide, wee!)
-Direct access to the trail that leads to the creek (waterside pictures?)
and most importantly, what every picnic area in the park has...
-On-site restrooms
There are also vending machines, but we'll have our own stuff so that's not an important factor >.>

For more information on the park, including a map of it, visit the PA Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources' website: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/ridleycreek.asp

DIRECTIONS
From Philadelphia: Get to PA-3, West Chester Pike, however you would usually do, and go West down it until you reach PA-252, and turn left. You will see a sign for Ridley Creek State park once you reach Gradyville Road. Turn right. Once you pass Providence Rd, you will be in the park. When you see the sign for Areas 8-17, turn left. Follow the signs until you come to Area 17. Park, and relax :)

From the southern part of the Blue Route/476 (Media-Chester): Take the Blue Route up to the Rt 1 Exit. Take Rt 1 towards Lima (West) until the 252 exit, where you will see a sign for the park. Exit and head North (right) on 252. After Rose Tree Park you'll see another sign for the park; turn Left there on to Providence Road. Continue until Gradyville Road, and turn left. You'll be in the park now, so look for the signs and follow em :)

From the NJ/PA Turnpike: Exit on to the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-276 (It's exit 6, I believe). Stay on that for a while, until the exit for I-476 South. Be careful, it's a sorta tricky exit! You need to make sure to get the left lane of the exit, or you head north. If you miss it, don't worry, take the Norristown exit, and there will be a turnoff for 476 on the ramp. The toll, if you came from the NJ turnpike, will be $1.65. Continue down 476 until the exit for PA-3, Upper Darby / Broomall. Exit off and stay to your right on the ramp. Continue using the From Philly directions.

From I-95 in Delaware, Maryland, etc: Exit onto PA-452 NORTH, Exit 2 I believe. Stay on 452 until you come to the intersection with PA-352 / Middletown Rd and turn left. Stay on 352 until you hit Gradyville Rd, where you'll turn right. Same deal as before, once you see the sign, turn into the park, and follow the signs!

From North Jersey: Take I-287 South until the exit for US-202 South. Get on 202 and stay on it the long way to PA. There is a $1 toll when crossing the Delaware River. Continue on 202 in PA. Be careful, it changes roads a few times. Once you reach the expressway part of 202, stay on it til the end, and exit on to PA-611, Easton Rd, South. Continue on 611 until the PA Turnpike. Exit onto PA Turnpike, and head West towards Harrisburg. Continue using From NJ Turnpike directions. The toll will only be $0.60.

From Collegeville area (since we have a few people from up there...): Get on PA-422 and take it East. Take it all the way to the 202 interesection, and get on 202 West towards West Chester. Exit onto 252 South towards Paoli. Stay on 252 for a long while, past Rt. 3. Refer to From Philly directions.

From Lancaster area: Take Rt 30 East until you reach PA-322, where you'll exit South/East. Stay on it til 202, take 202 south for a bit, then exit onto Rt 3 and head East. Turn Right onto PA-352, just after the Market Place shopping center. Stay on 352 until you reach Gradyville Rd, and turn Left. Follow similar directions once inside the park.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
From Philadelphia
Get to the 69th St. Terminal however you normally would. From there, take the 104 Bus (to West Chester). Along West Chester Pike, you will see a sign on the left side of the road for the park. Get off at the next stop; you will be directly across WCP from main park entrance. CAUTIOUSLY cross WCP, and there will be car transport for you to take you to the picnic area >.>

From New York
Take Jersey Transit's Northeastern line to Trenton, NJ. From there, take the SEPTA Regional Rail R7 train to 30th Street Station. Walk a lil bit to the 30th & Market subway station, and get on the Market-Frankford (Blue) Line subway, and take it to the 69th Street Terminal. Follow same directions as From Philly.

NOTE: You PT guys should try and coordinate to meet up at 69ST and take the same bus to the park. That way, you're all there at the same time, and we who are driving you to the picnic site don't have to make repeated trips =P Also, if you are taking public transportation, please note so in the poll. ...Uh... once I figure out how to get the poll up in this thread :X

Oshi
09-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Photos of the picnic area are uploaded!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5176&ppuser=444

Also, I'm working on some maps to show how to get to the park from each of the places I gave directions

Rinkun
09-17-2003, 07:37 AM
yay! we get to play Frogger across the WCP X3

awe, the place looks nice :)

Oshi
09-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Okay, here's some maps...
First, A close up of the route to the park when coming from the north and east. (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oshi/maps/mainroute.jpg)
Includes markers to show where the Bus Stop is, and where my house is >.>

When coming from Chester and the southern part of the Blue Route. (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oshi/maps/blueroute.jpg)

Coming from the Collegeville area (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oshi/maps/Untitled-5.jpg)

"All routes lead to Ridley Creek!" (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oshi/maps/allroutes.jpg)

Oshi
09-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Oh yeah. Food-wise... It's pot luck again. Bring whatever you want!
There WILL be barbequeing this time! So if you wanna bring anything other than burgers and hot dogs for grillin', feel free to!
I might even make some genuine Philly cheeseteaks >.>

I'll also supply the plates, utensiles, napkins and cups, unless other people want to take that off my hands

Lady Ava
09-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Sounds like fun! *works feverishly on Arwen* Sew Sew sew....must take pretty pics ^^

isami
09-17-2003, 05:03 PM
I'll have to confirm going, but it's most likely a yes.

As far as food goes: I'll bring non-carbonated drinks cuz I no drinku teh soda. I'll also make fried rice. ^___^ It's my specialty!!!

~isa

Misa-chan
09-17-2003, 05:18 PM
I won't miss this one! :D Well, I'll try not to.

Xx Lulu xX
09-17-2003, 05:22 PM
^-^ Well Im with Isami...if she goes, I go, and if I do go, Im baking a Cake or Cupcakes For Us!

KaineMaxwell
09-17-2003, 05:24 PM
I'm finding a way to come this time!

Rinkun
09-17-2003, 06:48 PM
i was thinking of making Teriyaki Vegetable Kabobs...since i don't want the meat to go bad and i know some people are vegetarians XD

Tora
09-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a good idea! I'll alert the troops ^_~

...just hope we can drive through Philly without running any stoplights this time >_>''''''

Xx Lulu xX
09-17-2003, 09:37 PM
YAY! Tora! Woot! I Hope Everyone Goes So I Can See You Guys Again!

Oshi
09-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Tora: LMAO. Don't worry, it's not hard to see the stoplights on 452, and there arn't any on 352 and Gradyville ^^;

Just don't blow through any stop signs ;D

otakutre
09-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Yaaaaaaaaay picnic! I think it's going to be a very Zelda day for me. Mah Otakon Zleda group needs some nice outdoor shots and this looks like the ideal place to get them! Yay!

I'd bring milk to be in character (I'll be wearing Malon) but I'm afraid it'd spoil! Expect baked goods from me!

hyper o^.^o
09-18-2003, 02:19 PM
I think.. I have rehearsal in Philly that day... T_T
I'll have to see what time I have to be there and such, and how much time it would take to get from the picnic to Chinatown, cuz that's basically where rehearsal is, at the Gallery....
but I wanna go! ^^;;

Sorahana
09-18-2003, 03:14 PM
I found an anime friend @ school so I'll drag her to this lol XD. I just have to see what time I have to be @ school on Saturday for the play lol XD. My school's doing the "Wizard of Oz" lol XD;. I'll be Inuyasha! I want people to take pics of me! I'll bring a camera but we should pics of each other like a photoshoot!! :rofl: My mom might decide to stay the whole time cause she'll feel weird leaving me with a bucnh of people lol XD.

Jessie_James
09-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I would like to go...but I don't live near Philly..I live in Shippensburg, PA. If anyone going is planning to go and lives near Chambersburg, PA or Shippensburg and will be going along Highway 81, I could use I ride a ride...please AIM me or email me

Xx Lulu xX
09-18-2003, 03:25 PM
^_^ Ok well I ordered the cake at mah school today, I'll most likely be making it--! Woo! ^^; i hope you all like Buttercream and it filled with vanilla custard, cuz i dont know what anybody likes...but if you dont want that i can change it lol

Sorahana
09-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Sounds yummy!!!!!!!!! :ish so excited:
Now to count down to the cosplay picnic............ :rofl:

Xx Lulu xX
09-18-2003, 03:54 PM
XD i think its like 37 days

Stephanos
09-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Ummm... isnt it going to be cold on Oct 25th??

KaineMaxwell
09-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Never stopped any of us before.

Sorahana
09-19-2003, 02:49 PM
So what if its cold?! The cold cannot stop us!!
:giggles evilly:
All of you: <_<
Me: ^^;

I'll be Inuyasha so I shouldn't cold :D.

Xx Lulu xX
09-19-2003, 03:06 PM
So what if its cold?! The cold cannot stop us!!

I'll be Inuyasha so I shouldn't cold :D.

Speak for yourself, i'll most likely be wearing seung mina....brr im cold already....

Sorahana
09-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Hmm...........
:thinks: Bring jackets?
:is very stupid:
Well wouldn't it be like 60 degrees at least?

Lady Ava
09-20-2003, 09:14 AM
My friend Abby is letting me borrow her velet cloak for the day. So, it shouldn't be that bad. ^^

A question: Where's a good place to get elf ears?

Rinkun
09-20-2003, 11:06 AM
A question: Where's a good place to get elf ears?

the girls at http://www.firefly-path.com makes wonderful elf ears :)

Sorahana
09-20-2003, 03:54 PM
What should we do at the pcnic besides eat and talk and act hyper and insane? lol XD.

Oshi
09-20-2003, 04:57 PM
...uh... I'm workin on that part... >.>; very open to ideas ^^;

Sorahana
09-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Have a relay race or something :rofl:
We could all act as our characters and make a video if people could bring videocams.......I think I can bring my dad's and get my mom to record :rofl: And maybe we should do a photoshoot!! I mwean the people on Cali got to do a cosplay.com photoshoot! lol XD;.

Rinkun
09-20-2003, 06:39 PM
of course we'll have a photoshoot! we had one the last time XDD

just the side entertainment we must ponder upon.

i'll probably bring my magnetic Go board and go against some peeps who suck like me at Go XDD

Sorahana
09-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Wish we could have karaoke :rofl:
That would rawk............and lots of candy!!
I still say we act like our characters and have someone videotape it XD;.
We should get a news station to come up and interview us about "the anime otaku and who we are!!" lol XD;

Osuwari
09-21-2003, 01:35 AM
Oh I'll be going guys! *thinks*I'm thinking of what we could do....

Misa-chan
09-21-2003, 06:53 AM
Have a relay race or something :rofl:
We could all act as our characters and make a video if people could bring videocams

Shall I bring mine? The battery gives about 1 hour of power though XP

Xx Lulu xX
09-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Hmm well we can do whatever we like, and we'll be there for a while so we can do whatever pops into our heads :D and EAT dont forget eat X3

Sorahana
09-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Oh yea we can't forget to eat lol XD. Eating is the most important thing!!
Misa-You can bring your cam if you want to XD!!

Rinkun
09-21-2003, 11:55 AM
in character? that means i can talk to myself on whether or not i should kill people? (points to icon...that's who i'm cosplaying as...Killua) yay!! ::does the jiggy dance:: death by skateboard...that should be interesting ;3 (he skateboards)...that and be angsty. very angsty. oooh yea!

btw, i'm just kidding with the killing idea...i'd never do that XDDD

i'm definitely bringing food. no Onigiri, though. it went to taste bad when i put it in the fridge :(

but i know i'll bring vegetable teriyaki kabobs and something else that good :3

xGoDdEsSxNaGix
09-21-2003, 06:53 PM
oo yay i' try come

lumichan
09-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Whee, this sounds like fun...I'll try to make it too. ^_^

Sorahana
09-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Yea you all better come!! I might bring two of my friends with me XD;. This shall be fun!! :dances around:

blueNINE
09-24-2003, 01:26 AM
I'll probably end up driving all the way there from Massachusetts just for seven quality hours of cosplay goodness.

Oshi
09-24-2003, 11:09 AM
...Alex, did I ever mention how much you rock? :D

dizzylizzy
09-25-2003, 12:03 AM
::delurks:: i'll see if ainslye wants to go. i'll prob tag along with tora. ^^ CARAVAN!

oshi- i'm guessing this is a generic park right? me likes.

hmmm... now to get that saturday off.

Oshi
09-25-2003, 08:56 AM
No, not exactly a generic park, it's a State Park... but not as fancy as Fairmount, and free to use. >.> It's good stuff :D

Sorahana
09-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Somebody bring Pocky!! I haven't had Pocky yet!!!! :rofl: Shall be fun and full of insanity!!

xTotallyLostx
09-25-2003, 03:00 PM
!
Hello, n00b here!
Im coming to the picnic with my friend Amanda, and I have a suggestion!
KAROAKE!
Oh, and if there's outlets, maybe I can bring DDR... :bigtu:

Michieru
09-25-2003, 03:06 PM
Now I'm lost................ I thought we were going to do something for the New England Cosplayers besides the lower half? What ever happened to the Six Flags plan for Massachusetts? Things go so fast now a days its hard to keep up with.

Rinkun
09-25-2003, 08:48 PM
o_o; um, this Philly, yanno, Philadelphia, not New England, we're way south

Sorahana
09-26-2003, 04:02 PM
xTotallyLostx-I'm so happy you're coming with me lol XD.
Someone bring pocky!
POCKY POCKY POCKY!!!!!!

Osuwari
09-26-2003, 04:20 PM
If any pplz have skits made up we can watch them and also I was thinking of "Whois Line is it Anyways?" Anime style ^-^ I can make up the cards and everything :)

Sorahana
09-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Oh yea that would kick arse!! PROPS! You gotta have props!! I'll have to force Amber and Kaitlyn(other friend who's coming but isn't dressing up) to do a skit with me XD.

Sorahana
09-30-2003, 06:54 AM
Hello?! Is anyone alive? :shakes you all and then pokes with stick?:
No one has responded to this thread for a bit so I was wondering if you're all still out there lol XD. I love you all!! :glomps and gives you pocky:

Tora
09-30-2003, 07:09 AM
Now I'm lost................ I thought we were going to do something for the New England Cosplayers besides the lower half? What ever happened to the Six Flags plan for Massachusetts? Things go so fast now a days its hard to keep up with.

I think the NE in this case stands for "North East"... which I think has been edited since to prevent confusion. But yah! No worries, you just got the wrong thread ^_^*

Uhm... *looks around* Had anything changed? Still the same day/place and all... have we set a meeting time or any restrictions or rules?

Just bein' nosey. ^_^ We're already starting to plan for the trip up and deciding on costumes here. Unfortunately Monoyasha may not be able to make it, so we might be leaving a bit early so we can hang with her back in DE.

[edit] *notices she says "we" alot* No I don't have multiple personalities! lol. I am speaking for mosty of the 'MD crew' and the 'DE crew' ^_^

hyper o^.^o
09-30-2003, 02:45 PM
It's all about Monoyasha... I can't prolly make it either. :-P
*hugs Tora*
^_^

Sorahana
09-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Ok here's what's going on! There were 2 diffrent picnics/meetups being discussed seperately. This is for the cosplay picnic in October at RidleyCreek park in Philadelphia,PA. The other NE thingie is completely seperate and thats for all cosplayers on the east coast. Any cosplayer can come to this one but anyway correct me if I'm wrong XD;.

Tora
09-30-2003, 05:31 PM
It's all about Monoyasha... I can't prolly make it either. :-P
*hugs Tora*
^_^

*HUGS HYPER* I thought you were going to make it to this one!????

It was either that or Nekocon.. one of the events coming up you said you had a good chance of getting to? Or is this just wishful thinking?

Either way blah... when's concert season over? ^_~

isami
09-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Hmm. How come there hasn't been as much feedback for this as the one in spring? This saddens me. <.<

But it will surely be fun even if not as many people show. ^_^ More food for the rest of us. XD
~Isa

Wolfwood6
09-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Hopefully my momz can make some of her Ubergoodyummyeatemforeverandeverlikemenchi chocolate chip cookies (they're most certainly out of this world)

(out of curiosity, how many people on this thread are goin to wolfcon directly after the picnic?)

Chibi_Kenji
10-01-2003, 09:21 AM
I can definately go since it's a saturday! :D Shwee!! Is there anything you want me to bring?

Rinkun
10-01-2003, 01:31 PM
I can definately go since it's a saturday! :D Shwee!! Is there anything you want me to bring?

bring whatever your heart desires :) there are grills there (from what Oshi said), so unlike the last time, we can bring the dead animals, hehe

i'm bringing Teriyaki vegetable kabobs...yum!

Chibi_Kenji
10-02-2003, 02:33 PM
bring whatever your heart desires :) there are grills there (from what Oshi said), so unlike the last time, we can bring the dead animals, hehe

i'm bringing Teriyaki vegetable kabobs...yum!

Hmm. Dead animals. XD Have plenty of those in Lancaster! XD I don't know what I should bring. I'd make some uber yum cookies or something, but I have no time to make them, seeing as I won't go home until right before the picnic.

Ne, I'm currently attending Kutztown, University. I need to make soooomething. x_x;

The MasterMind
10-02-2003, 04:55 PM
I have never been to any type of thing like this, i think i might feel funny cause all of you people know eachother. but anyways, speaking of COLD, i would haveto say super buu is out of the question?? heh, well i'll try to get down there, i live in new york, but upstate.

Misa-chan
10-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Actually, many of us (or maybe it's just me XP) only know each other from here & local-ness gatherings, etc. Hehe, I was born in upstate NY & I think my dad either taught (lectured rather) or went to Binghamton.

The MasterMind
10-02-2003, 06:17 PM
0_0......::choke:: Binghamton!?!?! that's where i live!! :) cool.

Misa-chan
10-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Yup, & I was born in Rochester. Haven't been there since though. Now, what to bring? I agree w/ CCAmanda, we're gonna need pocky but enough for everyone is gonna be expensive XP

Rinkun
10-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Yup, & I was born in Rochester. Haven't been there since though. Now, what to bring? I agree w/ CCAmanda, we're gonna need pocky but enough for everyone is gonna be expensive XP

;p grab a couple of boxes of "giant pocky" those suckers should last a while, if you're not doing sword fights with them xD

Sorahana
10-03-2003, 02:57 PM
Where can you get "Giant Pocky"? Lol XD. I've never had pocky whaaaaaaa................
If I can't bring that I'll bring soda or chips or something XD.

Misa-chan
10-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I saw some on ebay a while ago. XD I wouldn't reccomend buying food products over ebay though, never know how long that stuff's been sitting there -.- Would I be able to get that at your chinatown place? (must go there!!! *.*)

Sorahana
10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Chinatown might have it XD. I can't get down to Chinatown by then so I'll just bring chips or soda or something XD.

Misa-chan
10-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Heh, I meant I'll go and see if they got any. :)

Sorahana
10-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Aww cool! Won't be the same without pocky lol XD;. I need to try pocky lol XD;.

Misa-chan
10-05-2003, 03:10 PM
You never had pocky?! O.O Stop by your nearest Suncoast & pick up some, you'll be glad you did. My favorite is the Whipped Strawberry Mousse pocky, I think the mousse ones have more frosting stuff on the outside than the rest. *.*

Btw rinkun, where exactly is the store? & would they happen to have that dried ramen that are shaped like stars?? *.* Or that pretz stuff?

Sorahana
10-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Misa............your avatar is scary!! :hides: I'll have to get some pocky next time I go XD.

Misa-chan
10-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Hehe, it is after all almost Halloween. XD

Sorahana
10-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Yea but not yet! I need to cosplay.........now!!!!!! In fact I'm kinda dressed up as Ryuichi right now XD;.

Sala
10-06-2003, 07:14 PM
A few questions: has a meeting time been decided yet? And, has a pavillion or whatever been reserved? (I assume this park is huge, and I would rather not be wandering around it forever and ever...so a pavillion/lot number would be useful).

Sorahana
10-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Yup! It's from 11am-6pm at Ridley Creek Park at pavillion 17 or something like that lol XD.

zephy
10-07-2003, 06:05 PM
I know that I haven't said much of anything here, But I do plan on going :) What it looks like is that I'll be meeting the people coming down from the New York-ish area ( I think along with Lindsey). Maybe I'll make a little chinatown trip or something for food

Maybe I'll actually do more talking now!

Oshi
10-08-2003, 09:52 AM
A few questions: has a meeting time been decided yet? And, has a pavillion or whatever been reserved? (I assume this park is huge, and I would rather not be wandering around it forever and ever...so a pavillion/lot number would be useful).
*cough* It's all in the first post of this thread >.>;;;

hyper o^.^o
10-12-2003, 10:43 AM
YEAY! I think I can go! *bounces*
Well, I'd have to leave at 2, but still, YEAY, I CAN GO! ^__^
Now I just need to figure out my whole carpool situation (CARAVAN! TORA! ^_^ lol) and if/what I need to bring. ^_^

Now, the question is whether I bring normal clothes or wear my costume to orchestra rehearsal... :skidude2:

Tora
10-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Hyper! Costume at rehearsal!!! Which costume are you gonna wear???

I think we're gonna try "modern IY" costumes... nothing too hyped up, but still cute ^_^* So IF you're gonna be Kaede, think of a modern outfit! (Or I will... or Reiko will...)

We're so nuts with these variation costumes.

And HELL YEAH to a caravan! (I refuse to lead it tho... 0_o''')

Sorahana
10-12-2003, 12:24 PM
So Tora you coming up from Maryland? Cool XD. I'm gonna go! I've been nagging my mom about it. She just said we have to leave early cause I have to come back home and take a shower and then me and my friend gotta get to school since we have a play performance that night XD.

hyper o^.^o
10-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Uh... I was thinking probably Milly... [for one thing I like Milly better, another that it's hard to play viola with Kaede's sleeves... ::flap flap:: tried it at Otakon, but not for a long period of time.] Although if you'd like to come up with a modern version of Kaede, and you have time to do that, feel free.
^_^
*remembers she has to repair her eye patch*

My dad was just in this park not too long ago, so I have maps and everything. XD If I'm feeling brave I could lead the caravan... I still have to work out if I need to give someone a ride back from rehearsal... else maybe we could have a caravan back, too... Thing is... my rehearsal is at tenth and market (ends at 5:30). I could make it from the park to rehearsal and from rehearsal to home, but going from rehearsal back to the park might be kinda tricky for me. *shrugs* It's still two weeks away though, I'll figure out what I'm doing before then. ^_^

[edit] Couldn't you just picture Milly wandering around centercity Philly? LOL! ^_^

Reiko
10-12-2003, 08:56 PM
I guess this means Im going too.. *looks at her crew* I'll try to cook

Xx Lulu xX
10-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Woot! :D i get to see reiko n crew soon! YAY!!!

Oshi
10-12-2003, 09:04 PM
ATTN: ALL
I altered some of the directions to make them easier; since there are signs pointing to the park everwhere now... No more taking Bishop Hollow Road, heh. Reread them just to make sure.

hyper o^.^o
10-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the headsup! ^_^
*has Ryoga's sense of direction when trying to make spur-of-the-moment decisions concerning directions*

Oshi
10-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Also, I need EVERYBODY to check the Public Transportation thread/poll, primarily those who are driving and definately those who are taking public transportation...

Sorahana
10-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Well my mom gave the ok so wh00t! And this picnic will be swarming with Inuyasha cosplayers! Yesh!! :dances around:

Xx Lulu xX
10-14-2003, 04:33 PM
^__^ YAY! My mom also gave me the go! So ^_^ i'll be there, oiii it'll be freezing as Seung mina...ahhahah brr

Sorahana
10-14-2003, 04:45 PM
I can't wait to meet you all!! :glomps everyone: This shall be fun!!

White Ninja
10-15-2003, 05:31 PM
a picnic eh? and it's in my area? you bet i'll be there!!

Sorahana
10-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Took you long enough to find this lol XD. What exacly shall we do at this anyway besides be hyper and insane? Lol XD;

Tsumanne
10-16-2003, 03:24 AM
I have the night off..... I'm not working..... *checks schedule again* I can go to something for once....... It's About Time. I can actualy go. Cool. I'm game. Now all I have to do is get some directions. Well that should be easy enough. Alot easyer than getting a day off.

Oshi
10-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Tsumanne: Directions from just about everywhere are in the first post of the thread :D

Lady Ava
10-17-2003, 09:51 AM
I don't know if I'll be able to attend anymore. I'm having some issues with transportation and costumes. So, I don't know....

Sorahana
10-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Nuu! You have to come ;_;. But if you don't come you'll be there in spirit!! :glomps:

Nono
10-19-2003, 10:34 AM
hey i just joined this forum is it to late to say that i wanna go to the picnic?

dizzylizzy
10-19-2003, 11:05 AM
of course you come! it's a good way to get started!

Rinkun
10-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Oshi: is it alright to plan a rain date? just in case? ^_^

Sorahana
10-19-2003, 04:20 PM
I think a rain date would be a good idea. ^_^ Cause you never know.......

Misa-chan
10-19-2003, 05:26 PM
It'll be about 65 degrees & I think there's a 20% chance of rain.

Sorahana
10-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Thanks Ms. Weather girl :rofl: Kidding lol XD..........so bored......-_-

Nono
10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
of course you come! it's a good way to get started!

Ok cool i think i am going with my friend ad my sister. see ya there! should i bring anything?

Lady Ava
10-20-2003, 09:12 AM
I believe that my dad might ACTUALLY drive me down there. Let's all hope....I really wanna go ;_;

Wolfwood6
10-20-2003, 10:30 AM
If you go to the picnic, will you be able to get to my party on saturday?

Sorahana
10-20-2003, 08:09 PM
YESH! THE PICNIC IS.............5 DAYS AWAY! Wh00t! I'm so excited!! People bring cameras lol XD.

Xx Lulu xX
10-20-2003, 08:35 PM
X3 i hoep the bathrooms are big cuz i'll most likely be getting in costume there...wouldnt wanna scare isami's mom lol

Oshi
10-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Yeah, they're rather spacious. They're not like one toilet and sink, it's a full restroom. I just hope the power is on for them... When I was biking the trails I stopped to get a bottle of water and go to the bathroom, and it was all dark and sorta creepy :X
Eh, can always ask the office to have someone turn it on when I get there. *keeps note of that*

Lady Ava
10-21-2003, 09:49 AM
If I come, I'll be taking nice professtional costume shots with my new camera. I need to test it out so that I can start on my school stuff.

So, just ask, and I shall do. ^^

Xx Lulu xX
10-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Ooo yay! :D its getting closerrr!

otakutre
10-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Looks like myself and Marisolita (roomate, fellow cosplayer, partner in crime) will be attending. Sadly our Link can't make it (dance rehearsal ^_~) so it'll just be Malon, Zelda, and a tray of Special Secret Hylian Cookies Of Awesomeness.

...I wish I had a pitchfork... ^_^

Xx Lulu xX
10-21-2003, 02:40 PM
*claps* Yay! :D

Sorahana
10-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Lady Ava: You have got to take lots of pics of me by trees and stuff lol XD. Inuyasha=lots of tree shots lol XD. Trees will be too big to climb but hey! Sitting by trees are good pics lol XD. 4 more days!! Wh00t! And my b-day is this time next week!

yukitoLeonheart
10-21-2003, 10:27 PM
who else is taking Public Transportation to get here?!?!?!?

Nikol
10-22-2003, 07:34 AM
Me and at least one other friend will be going (we're working on getting another friend to come with us.) and I'll be bringing my good camera so I could take some good shots I think. Though it's been a while I did take a photography course a few years back but do remember most things from it.

Which reminds me, I should buy some film before Friday...

Xx Lulu xX
10-22-2003, 04:32 PM
x___x oi i hate to say but theres a 50/50 chance of me bringing the cake...my shop teacher is out and with her not there i cant do anything in shop which means no fancy cake, but if all else fails, i'll just make one at home, or something...I'll let you all know tomorrow...

Oshi
10-22-2003, 09:57 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we are down to two days... :)

If you still have questions or need specific directions, please IM me (Oshi Hidra) or email me (oshi@comcast.net)

Come the picnic, anyone gets lost or something, my cell number is 484-354-4694

dizzylizzy
10-22-2003, 10:57 PM
silly question... how long would it take from b'more?

Rinkun
10-23-2003, 09:02 AM
silly question... how long would it take from b'more?

about 2 hours if you obey the speed limit ^_^;

if you are crazy like Chinatown to Chinatown busdriver, then less than that XD

(note: the Chinatown Philly to Chinatown NYC bus driver was insano maniac going 80-85 and got us home in 1 1/2 hours)

Oshi
10-23-2003, 09:15 AM
Yeah, Lizzy, I usually make it to Otakon in about an hour and a half... ;D I'm one of those people who drives 80-85 :D

Xx Lulu xX
10-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Got the cake done today...but i didnt have time to put Sailor Moon on teh cake (^^;) like i wanted....so it has flowers...X3 *so corny* but yeah i'll be tehre! I'll upload the picture later :D

EDIT:

http://stiv.topcities.com/tehcake.jpg

Teh Link to teh cake pic.....yeah i know its kinda ugly but I havent decorated a cake in 2 years....BUT im satisfied, and I was gonna put Sailor Moon On It...XD but i forgot the picture, and didnt have enough time anyway... So tada! You'll be eating that saturday XD

Wolfwood6
10-23-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm just curious, but is anyone coming from the picnic to wolfcon?

Sorahana
10-23-2003, 04:15 PM
I can't come to Wolfcon cause of me being in my school's play lol XD. I have to leave the picnic at 4:30-5:00 since I have to be back at school 2 hrs before the show XD.

dizzylizzy
10-23-2003, 04:51 PM
http://stiv.topcities.com/tehcake.jpg

Teh Link to teh cake pic.....yeah i know its kinda ugly but I havent decorated a cake in 2 years....BUT im satisfied, and I was gonna put Sailor Moon On It...XD but i forgot the picture, and didnt have enough time anyway... So tada! You'll be eating that saturday XD

my 2 cents.... there should have been a naked squall on that cake dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NAKED SQUALL!!!! we could eat.... wait.... ::grins:: i think the cake you have is a BETTER idea. lmao!!!

nah, really... the cake rulz!!!!!!!!!

AgentGinrei
10-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Oooh, I hope I can go. I can bake choc chip cookies (my specialty!) but I'm not much good at real food. ^^;;;

Oshi
10-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Oh, btw, I will have some sort of music playing, via my car. :) Hook my laptop up or a CD player...

Also... can I ask some of the nearby people who are driving to get here a little early? Cuz ... yeah, bus people are coming around 11, forgot about that...
And you can help me set up and stuff :)

Xx Lulu xX
10-23-2003, 07:40 PM
^_^ i'd like to get there early, but yeahhh i'd have to talk to Isami about that...

Sala
10-23-2003, 07:40 PM
how much earlier would you like...?

Oshi
10-23-2003, 07:44 PM
eh, only like 15 mins early, just so I have some cars there to cheuffer the PT people when they get to the park entrance :)

Sala
10-23-2003, 07:46 PM
I'll try to be a little early -- but no guarantees, since it's quite possible that I will get lost on my way there. I'm not too used to driving around the Philly area yet, as I have had to rely on Septa until this year (I finally have my car at school with me! *hugs car*)

Ah, and I'm super-excited because some people from the Bryn Mawr/Haverford College anime club decided that they wanted to come! More people = more fun! *heh* We'll try to be there at least 15 minutes early, if not more.

Sorahana
10-23-2003, 07:46 PM
I shall try and get there before 11 lol XD. I'll have to nag my friend to be ready so all we have to do is go pick her up and drive there XD.
XxLuluxX-OMG THE CAKE IS AWESOME!! Nice job!! :takes some of the icing: Lol XD. I shall bring my Inuyasha cd gahahahahaha!

Xx Lulu xX
10-23-2003, 07:50 PM
^^; Aww thank you amanda.....x_o i was nervous, twas my first cake i've done in 2 years

Sorahana
10-23-2003, 08:44 PM
That is a really great cake. I can't do anything like that lol XD. You did an awesome job.....just like a professional!!

Xx Lulu xX
10-23-2003, 08:47 PM
^^; bahh im blushing now hehe....i just pray it doesnt die on the way to the picnic...hehehe IM getting so excited! I get to meet so many new people! and you all get to watch me freeze to death! hehe

Sorahana
10-23-2003, 08:59 PM
:prays for the cake: Be safe.......be safe........lol XD
prays for you: Don't freeze...........don't freeze........we don't want a XxLuluxX popsicle lol XD. Why must it be so cold in October?!

Xx Lulu xX
10-23-2003, 09:01 PM
:D No idea......i'm gonna strap teh cake in majorly in Isami's mommeh's car....x__x i dunno..but it snowed by me today....god i REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALy pray we have a freak heat wave

hyper o^.^o
10-23-2003, 09:36 PM
I'm excited about the picnic! ^__^
I don't know exactly when we'll get there, depends on when we leave, I suppose. ^_^; And if we go on an adventure on the way there or not. *studies her map*
Cake looks good. ^_^
Maybe I should bring some blankets, or something... O.o
I don't know what else to bring, like for food... I'll talk to the gang and see, most likely cookies....
I'll still have to leave the picnic at probably 2 to go to rehearsal T_T
*goes back to her hw, grumbling about how rehearsals have taken over her life*

Xx Lulu xX
10-23-2003, 09:37 PM
Thats a genious idea! XD i'm bringing madd blankets for me

Sorahana
10-24-2003, 02:51 PM
Smart idea. I have to talk to my mom about when we're picking my friend up XD.

Xx Lulu xX
10-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Hopefully Isami and I'll leave earlyyyy :D

Sorahana
10-24-2003, 03:08 PM
I hope my friend and I can leave early too. I gotta make sure to time record Yu-Gi-Oh tmrw XD.

Xx Lulu xX
10-24-2003, 03:20 PM
x___x eek WHY am i still at teh computer when i still have to finish my costume?!

Sala
10-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Wheeee! I'm all excited. Picnic tomorrow! And three of my friends agreed to come with me - hooray!
But I went through hell today at Genuardi's to get the food (but I do have it!). Genuardi's is an evil, evil place. It was my first time shopping there, and from what happened, my last. >_<

Xx Lulu xX
10-24-2003, 10:14 PM
:D I KNOW! Im so excited! Kinda nervous too, i'm kinda self concious, and i fear all your reactions to seung mina...x_x; but i have cake! :D :D XD Cake is good!

Sorahana
10-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Wai wai!! Time to really count down to the picnic :rofl: Lol XD. :Waiting for clock to strike midnight: WH00T! THE PICNIC ISH TODAY!!!!

Sorahana
10-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Hey all! Well its the day after lol XD. It was fun except............I felt left out of the group and I had to leave early.....gah..........:cries: Anyway it was still great! I <3 how my costume turned out lol XD. Thank j00 Oshi for setting this all up!! Wh00t!! :glomps j00: My mom and her rules....so embarassing -_-. I wanted to go with you all to the waterfall but no.........I had to stay at the pavillion and wait for my mom to come pick me and Kait up -_-. Thanks people! Wee need to do this again XD! Too bad we can't do it in the winter........ish too cold XD;.

Rinkun
10-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Awe, i wanted to talk to you CCAmanda, but i'm an unsocial butterfly. i was with my friend Amanda (zephy) the whole time ^^;

Sorahana
10-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Lol XD. Sciguy like kept away from Kait lol XD. Kait must of scared him lol XD. He didn't even talk to me!!!!! I feel so hurt!!!!! *sniffle* Anyway it was fun.......and I got to try pocky! Wh00t!

isami
10-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Yup, it was a good chuck full of fun. XD Nice and quaint. I like things like that.

~Isa

ProctorSilex
10-26-2003, 10:57 PM
nice meeting everyone.

anyone interested in skiing or snowboarding this winter? i made a post in the member events section, but nobody has said anything yet :(

dizzylizzy
10-26-2003, 11:03 PM
i fear both... unless i'm playing SSX. lol

Oshi
10-27-2003, 08:50 AM
Ooh, definately up for that. I've always wanted to go snowboarding...

ProctorSilex
10-27-2003, 12:50 PM
ski trip: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=23028

need to decide date and location. if nobody has any preferences by mid november, i'll probably pick one of the sundays and go to camelback.

Sorahana
10-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Post Halloween Gathering (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=22634) Anyone interested?! I was planning it lol XD.
If I don't get anymore people I'll just cancel it ;____;. Anyway twas fun lol XD. Thank j00 to whoever bought the pocky!!

Osuwari
10-27-2003, 03:55 PM
The party was half half I would say..*shrugs* Pplz need to talk more or something. ^^

Tsumanne
10-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Man. They called me into work Saturday. I finaly get a day off on a day that's somethings going on and I got called in..... Again. And I was looking forward to meeting some people too. Well that's what I get for being in my career field though. Maybe next time. Glad to hear it went well.

Tora
10-28-2003, 06:03 AM
I had a great time! I'm glad we got a place with a playground ^_^* The setting was great, weather was perfect, and the pics turned well because of it!

Thanks Oshi, for putting it together!

Reiko
10-28-2003, 09:04 PM
yes thanks Oshi ... I think people were scared of me though.....next time introduce yourself please..

ProctorSilex
10-28-2003, 10:30 PM
reiko, it probably wasn't you. unless i put off people too. there were more than a few who didn't seem to be interested in talking.

hyper o^.^o
10-29-2003, 09:09 AM
O.o Scary Reiko!! *hides*
Yeah... well when you're introduced as "she doesn't talk much"... *shrugs*
^_^
More caffeine and more time there, I would have liked to have met some more people. *sigh*
Next time....

Tora
10-29-2003, 05:32 PM
yes thanks Oshi ... I think people were scared of me though.....next time introduce yourself please..

Oh hell no! I'm the scary one! Remember!? dammit!!!

>_>'''

Sorahana
10-29-2003, 08:39 PM
I like met no one except Oshi and Jessie James lol XD. I saw you guys but I didn't talk to you lol XD. The only person from your group that I knew was Sciguy lol XD. I feel so left out ;_____;. I need to hang with you @ Katsu lol XD. I WANT MY PICS BACK DAMMIT!!!!! My mom didn't get my pics developed yet....can ya tell? Lol XD.

Reiko
10-29-2003, 08:42 PM
sorry hyper.. ^_^ I love you I just feel weird saying .. Yper and not KAthy lol

Tora okay point taken

hyper o^.^o
10-29-2003, 10:36 PM
*looks at Tora*
You're supposed to be scary?
I guess I'm used to getting glared at. ^_^
*points to her pictures of Monoyasha, and Tora*
You don't scare me anymore! ^_^;

Yeah, Reiko, I sometimes answer to some of my names... O.o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I smile because I have no idea what's going on. ^_^

Sorahana
10-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Tora: I loved your costume!! It was great!!
Reiko: You are such a good Sango!! Lol XD. Your Hiraikotsu was kick ass lol XD.

BTW was my costume ok? Lol XD. I should have pics later on today XD.

Sorahana
11-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Me again lol XD. We should start planning another one!! It was so much fun!! Lol. Too bad it can't be in the winter......ish too cold ;_;. Maybe in the spring or something!!

Tainted-Embrace
12-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Stop Double Posting Amanda.

Tainted-Embrace
12-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Sike Lol, I'll do it now....x_X

Sorahana
02-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Thought I'd revive this.......: pokes the quiet thread: So is the next picnic in the works at all? I was just curious ^^.

Tainted-Embrace
02-21-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd go for it, whenever everyone wants it.

Sorahana
03-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Wow. This thread is dead but thats to be expected lol. I heard the next one is in the works but thats all I heard XD;. Can't wait til the next one.

Tainted-Embrace
03-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Me Either.. -gasp.-

elvis8tweeter
09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Will there be a 2011 or 2012 Cosplayers Picnic for this?? This thread is soooo dead XD

ProctorSilex
09-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Will there be a 2011 or 2012 Cosplayers Picnic for this?? This thread is soooo dead XD

oh it is undead now that you and others have poked and prodded it so much! and it hungers for the living! or not. maybe it just wants to shuffle around in peace.

maybe you should start a new thread and try to organize a picnic yourself. this event was forever ago and i for one have no time for one these days.

i do not know who is active these days, but DAS (http://www.delawareanimesociety.com/) used to have picnics in our area. probably within 45 minutes of you. i know that they still meet to watch anime in the same region.

good luck.

gamergirlx
10-10-2010, 04:16 AM
We haven't posted in this section of coscom in years...

We have an official North East Cosplayers Picnic section in the forums that you can find here: http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

The picnic for this year was held last month. We will be setting another one up for sometime in 2011.