PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a wig

Hanyaan
09-16-2003, 06:32 PM
I am going to be doing Death from The Sandman, except I'm going to be doing her manga-style "impressive clothes" incarnation. I've attached a picture of the outfit I'm doing (hint: those horns are revealed to be a headband), and also a picture taken from the artist's site that shows Death's hair without the hood and headband. Death.jpg is the outfit I'm doing, and Death2.jpg is the profile page from the artist's site that shows her hair normally.

I don't want a cheapo Halloween-type wig, but I don't know what kind of wig I should get in order to get the proper look, especially considering that it will have to bounce back after being worn with a headband and hood!

Also, I can't get wigs off Ebay. I'm not 18 yet, and my parents won't get me an Ebay account. XD Makes things hard...

Sarcasm-hime
09-16-2003, 08:26 PM
For my Death costume (http://forums.cosplay.com/costume.php?action=detail&cosid=5542) I used the Tina Punky wig from Witchwigs.com, and it looked really nice. ^_^ As for bouncing back, just run your fingers thru it a bit and fluff it out after taking off the headband/hood. ^_^

Yay! I was tempted by that illustration....but I have enough costumes to do as it is! -.-;;

Hanyaan
09-16-2003, 08:38 PM
Thank you! I took a look at your Death costume and that wig is exactly spot-on... ^____^