PDA

View Full Version : Little Poke Balls ?

UiYuki
06-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Hey all,

I will be attempting to cosplay a Pokemon Trainer soon, on July. So I am almost ready, but I still need PokeBalls. Not the "normal size" ones, but you know, the ones that Pokemon Trainers have, attached to their belts. If I remember well, they had to push the button of the Poke Ball and its size increased from about 2-3 cm to 6-7 cm.

I already have normal PokeBalls (6-7cm) but i need the little ones to attach them to my belt. I envisaged to use these tennis table balls which size is really similar. But I would have 2 questions about it :

1) How could I repaint the top of the ball in red ?

2) How could I attach a tennis table ball to my belt ? I'm quite afraid that it would be dangerous to pierce it, and I'm not sure it would easily stick.

So do you have any advices ?

Thanks.

PS : Sorry if my english is not that good, it's not at all my mother tongue :thumbsup:

Lost Cause
06-04-2010, 06:56 AM
2) How could I attach a tennis table ball to my belt ?

Velcro?

Xaevier
06-04-2010, 10:02 AM
If you just taped off the parts you don't want to be red and used spray paint that would likely work. Also I have to agree that velcro would most likely be your best option to make them stick, either that or put magnets inside of them but then you would still need to make a hole.

o01101011
06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
...they said table tennis not tennis. Aka ping pong.

Though the self stick velcro may work, you would just have to use the small velcro dots so they wouldn't be noticeable on the ball itself.

Lost Cause
06-04-2010, 12:41 PM
self stick velcro

Which is what I was on about when I said it.

saberslash
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
You could also get these http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/smooth-foam-balls-544882/ and embed a small magnet in the back to attach it to the belt then seal and paint the whole lot.

Ansatsusama
06-04-2010, 06:45 PM
One lycopor ball number 3 or 4 work perfectly! lycopor is a plastic polymere so the paint and and the glue is easy

Ansatsusama
06-04-2010, 06:45 PM
and are VERY inexpensive!

Ronniroo8
06-05-2010, 03:30 AM
You could also get these http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/smooth-foam-balls-544882/ and embed a small magnet in the back to attach it to the belt then seal and paint the whole lot.
This actually seems like the best idea so far.

Ludger03
06-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I used Ornaments (plastic types) to make realistic pokeballs. I had to first remove some of the paint off and then used KRYLON spray paint meant for plastics. The stuff worked and cut a piece of velcro to attach it to my belt. Alot of people liked it ^^

TransformGal
06-05-2010, 02:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken..Don't they attach them by like a keychain or something in the anime/manga?

Legatosgurl
06-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Advice for the foam balls: DON'T USE SPRAY PAINT.
In most of my experiances, it just melts the foam. :(

Chergnomebyl
06-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Advice for the foam balls: DON'T USE SPRAY PAINT.
In most of my experiances, it just melts the foam. :(

They're not foam balls, they're ping pongs.
----------
I would also agree with the velcro dots.
http://www.feetrelief.com/feetrelief/images/velcro_dots.jpg

Probably get the white though, would fit right in.

☆ KEITA
06-05-2010, 11:54 PM
I think taping off the parts you don't want red and then spray painting it red would be good. And then paint on the black strip that goes around the middle + the small circle.

And the small velcro circles o01101011 talks about work very well. :] I've cosplayed Ash and used those for my pokeballs and they stuck very well onto my belt. : D

sakuralove
06-09-2010, 12:13 AM
my local cvs has the little toy versions that open with the tiny figurenes for like $3 a peice. the a little bigger than a ping pong ball and smaller than a kids wiffle ball. and they open ect...

Legatosgurl
06-09-2010, 12:19 AM
*Cough* usually ping-pong balls are made of plastic, if memory serves. I was just trying to put the reminder out there.