PDA

View Full Version : Lust Cosplay Help!!!!

Tempura Baka
06-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Hello all! Lust will be my first cosplay and I need all the help I can get. I don't need the costume until April of 2011, but I am a major procrastinator so I want to plan out everything ahead. If you know anything at all, don't be afraid to contribute. Any little bit helps. ^^

1.Wig- Would the Rose wig or Natalie wig from Cosworx work? If so, which one? I have a few wig stores around where I live and I may pick one that's similar to whichever Cosworx wig is picked or just buy the Cosworx one.

2.Dress- I have a pattern, Is this good? Any more suggestions? As for the fabric, what about velvet or lycra? I'm very partial to using lycra, but I've heard stretch fabric is very hard to sew. Is that true?

3.Gloves- I could make it easy on myself and just get some regular long gloves but I want claws.:D Suggestions on how to do them?

If you have anything else I need to add to the costume to make it awesome, just tell me.:)

Um, I think that's it for now. Please help me I want my first cosplay to be amazing! :toothy:
Thanks in advance!

References pics

tsutaya
06-06-2010, 11:10 PM
i personally wouldnt use either lycra or velvet for this dress. if you get velvet that is none stretch you're gonna have a hard time moving around yet if you get something like crush velvet which is stretchy, yes you will have a hard time sewing it if you dont have the proper machine and stuff. also it moves around..... A LOT >_<. If i did the dress i'd make it out of something like a low shine satin that has a little bit of stretch but not enough to kill it.