PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Tri-con?

Mage
09-16-2003, 11:02 PM
http://www.hobbystar.com/montreal-eng/

So, yeah, it's HobbyStar and therefore expectations must be kept low, especially as I think it's the first year for this con, but is anyone going to this? I'm considering just going to participate in the masquerade and then coming right back to Ottawa, but it would be great to at least have someone to chat with in the green room. ^_^ If I go, assuming I get it finished by then, I'll wear my Satsuki costume.

Kaijugal
09-17-2003, 01:11 AM
http://www.hobbystar.com/montreal-eng/

So, yeah, it's HobbyStar and therefore expectations must be kept low, especially as I think it's the first year for this con, but is anyone going to this? I'm considering just going to participate in the masquerade and then coming right back to Ottawa, but it would be great to at least have someone to chat with in the green room. ^_^ If I go, assuming I get it finished by then, I'll wear my Satsuki costume.

I'd go if I were in Montreal with nothing better to do and a pocket full of cash. However I strongly doubt that will be the case. I hope you do find someone fun to hang out with tho, doing those things on your own bites. :lost: On another note I couldn't find any info on a masquerade. (( ? )) Make sure they are having one, it would be terrible if you went all that way for nothing!! :(

Sarcasm-hime
09-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Hum. I did want to spend a weekend in Montreal or some such (I've been to Montreal (well, its suburbs) at least 5 million times to visit family...but have hardly seen anything of the city itself)...so maybe. Hobbystar....igh.

kaiba
09-18-2003, 06:40 AM
I'm going. But it's more of an excuse to see friends and that in Montréal, which is basically what the Hobbystar cons are for me. :D

cactusmomma
09-18-2003, 08:34 AM
if you do go to montreal, on the island by the berri-uqam metro station is a little cheap pizza place that is divine. down the street a little and hook a left is the local anime pusher the Marche Clandestin (they speak french and english).

also..someone hop over to boucherville and give my kitty a hug ;.;

Kaijugal
09-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Hum. I did want to spend a weekend in Montreal or some such (I've been to Montreal (well, its suburbs) at least 5 million times to visit family...but have hardly seen anything of the city itself)...so maybe. Hobbystar....igh.

If you intention is just to go see Montreal, then it would be worth the trip. Montreal is so great. I always have alot of fun there, even when I've gone by myself. I had a blast at Empire Con in November of 2001. I got to take some friends sight seeing , it was great. :) Some AWSOME places to eat there too. Yum! :bigtu:

cactusmomma
09-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Some AWSOME places to eat there too. Yum! :bigtu:

poutine!!! ;.; how you are missed!!!

kaiba
09-19-2003, 01:44 PM
poutine!!! ;.; how you are missed!!!

Eee, poutine. They serve it in my school cafeteria!

But Montréal's r0x0rz.

cactusmomma
09-20-2003, 11:24 AM
omgomgomgomg. there's this place in boucherville called Milan's..they have the BEST italian poutine anywhere _._ somebody pm me with some XD

Yuna-X2
09-20-2003, 08:10 PM
If my Halloween costume turns out to be kick ass, I might see if I can go for the day. I'd like to go to a con before AN.

Kisa
09-23-2003, 02:40 PM
OH WOW!! They'll have *some* of the DBZ and GW English Voice Actors!! ROCK!!! Because, you know, if I missed them at the last four cons they were at, I can see them again!! XD

Sarcasm-hime
09-23-2003, 05:04 PM
LOL.....meow.

Kia
09-24-2003, 09:49 AM
OH WOW!! They'll have *some* of the DBZ and GW English Voice Actors!! ROCK!!! Because, you know, if I missed them at the last four cons they were at, I can see them again!! XD
Well, at least there's another chance to try an kill them, because what other reason would I have to be there? :D

Kisa
09-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Heh. Good Point.
I bet that was HobbyStar's plan all along!! being that they're Evil and not in the Good way. (like me ^-^)

xiola
09-24-2003, 07:19 PM
oh baby, i think we ALL need some more DBZ in our lives, i'm SO THERE!!!!

expensive 8 hour bus trip be damned, this is SO WORTH IT!!! :DDDD

*coughs* ok, maybe i'm being too cruel... i mean, montreal is a very cool place. but so is Toronto, and that doesn't make Hobbystar less crappy or worth spending money on.

then again, if you live in Ottawa, mage, i guess it would make sense... since Montreal isn't really much further than Toronto from there, right? so it'd probably be about the same cost as any other con from there... but it's too far from Toronto to be practical for most people here, i think :/

Mage
09-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Montreal is an hour away from Ottawa, so it's a lot cheaper to go there than Toronto. XD I figured maybe there were Montreal ppl frequenting this board....but yeah, most people are somewhere between here and Toronto as opposed to being beyond Ottawa. Ah well. I still don't know if I'll go or not...It irks me that there are virtually zero details about the con...-_- I need to know if I need to have a masquerade-worthy costume done by then, dammit...

if there's no masquerade, i'm not going to bother...i can visit karen some other weekend ._. then again, i do crave inexpensive montreal bagels... ._.;

Kia
09-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Mage, if you're so close AND you have a friend to visit, then why not? Even though from how we're talking about it it makes it sound like no one is going to go, who really knows how many people in that area are going to attend... who knows it could either be a big hit or a flop... even though I'm hoping that it'll be a flop just so that Hobbystar gets a financial kick in the ass.
Chances are there won't be a masq and you can pretty much guarentee that there won't be any hall costume awards (because there have NEVER been any at CN), but who knows... just don't make up your mind based on what the lot of us bitter people have to say. ^_^

Besides, you could always take the opportunity to kill the evil voice actors for me. ^_^

Yuna-X2
09-27-2003, 11:38 PM
^_^ I really hope I am able to go. All depends on [a] money [b] how my costume was for halloween [c] work and [d] a friend to go with me.

I'm scared of Quebec. lol

angelcosmos
10-07-2003, 01:30 AM
I wanna go!!! XD I loved the food in Montreal XD. Travelling is no problem it's the accommodation that's the problem. Where the heck am I going to find $365.70 CDN (2-nights+tax of 15%)... the only thing good about it are the anime guest ^^ for all dubbed gw fans and the entrance fee is $25. That's still a lot of cash. I wish I had a job *sniff*

oh wait, is the tax in Quebec 15% like in Ontario o_0