PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] SHOUJOCON 2003 -- GET ON YOUR MARK, GET SET...

Ranma Saotome
10-13-2002, 11:42 PM
...Because we're ready to go!

There are lots of new things already happening with Shoujocon 2003. One, we've moved to a new location. Two, we've got new dates. Three, we've launched our new website for the year.

Join us for our fourth annual celebration of girls' and women's manga and anime--August 22 - 24, 2003 at the Rye Hilton in Rye, NY!

Check out our redesigned website at: http://www.shoujocon.com

PRE-REGISTRATION: RATES AND DATES

Want to know what this year's registration rates are going to be? Visit http://www.shoujocon.com/registration/index.html
where we have pre-registration and at-con fee information.

Pre-register for Shoujocon 2003 before November 15 and save $20 off the full con rate!

We'll have a mail-in Pre-Registration form available on our website shortly.

More information is coming! Be sure to check our website regularly!
www.shoujocon.com

Ranma Saotome
Shoujocon 2003 Publicity Staff
"A celebration of girls' and women's manga and anime"
http://www.shoujocon.com

Keurblitz
10-13-2002, 11:45 PM
Me signed up for volunteering already ^_^
sigh... dun hab enough money for so many cons....

Ranma Saotome
10-14-2002, 12:10 AM
I'll look for you then. ^^

Tenjou
10-14-2002, 07:11 AM
I bet that's the weekend before I start high school! XD that's okay. I usually go the last Wednesday of the month, so it all works out nice. =D

The problem for me is registering, 'cause my mom has to figure out if she can get the weekend off work. (which is wicked hard, since most of the work comes in at the end of the month, and they longest and hardest days to work are Friday and the weekends)

But um, yeah. ^^: Later!

aeva
10-14-2002, 07:42 AM
^_______________________________^ I have my room planned out! [yay for Tea-chan's friend's mom paying for the room! XD]

I just need to register and get started on my costumes. WHEEE! I are going to try and register SOON... save $20??? w00t!!!

I just wished they hadn't moved it.. I could have driven myself to the con.... ;.; [I get my liscence in July. Stoooopid NJ driving laws]

I can't wait, though!!! I know its only October, but.... but.... Shoujocon rocks my socks and everything else.

diqitaldreams
10-14-2002, 07:55 AM
I volunteered as a registration staff member! xD I'll be seeing all of you people there. BWAHAHAHa...e.e freaky.

Keurblitz
10-14-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by diqitaldreams
I volunteered as a registration staff member! xD I'll be seeing all of you people there. BWAHAHAHa...e.e freaky.

Registration member? Feh! ^_^ I'm gonna be in the artists alley. Registration's requires too much... eh... people time...
Hm.. I wonder what department Sharon and Lillian's doing....
:: ponders ::

diqitaldreams
10-14-2002, 09:11 AM
You always avoid people.

Keurblitz
10-14-2002, 09:14 AM
Eh.. not that I like avoiding people.... just that with my temper, I can get easily aggravated working on the registration line. You don't want me to throw a fit in the middle of badge handling ^_^

Ranma Saotome
10-14-2002, 09:16 AM
If you're a gopher, staff, or volunteer, look for me okay? I may throw some random work your way! :)

diqitaldreams
10-14-2002, 09:34 AM
Random Work. Woo xD I know how you look like so I'll find you...and avoid you. @_@ ::cacklesnicker:: I'm playing.

Ranma Saotome
10-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by diqitaldreams
Random Work. Woo xD I know how you look like so I'll find you...and avoid you.

Just for that, no Yaoi for you!!!! :D

aeva
10-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Just for that, no Yaoi for you!!!! :D

NO YAOI?? AAAAH!!! What is this world coming to??? What TORTURE!!! ::shrivels up into twitching wad of Aeva-mass::

Ranma Saotome
10-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by aeva
NO YAOI?? AAAAH!!! What is this world coming to??? What TORTURE!!! ::shrivels up into twitching wad of Aeva-mass::

Heh heh, I rule! :skidude2:

aeva
10-14-2002, 02:08 PM

You tell yourself that, Ranma dear. ^^; kidding!

Tea-chan
10-14-2002, 02:10 PM
Hehe! I'm *so* there. :D Last year, I was like, the 60th person to register. It was reaaaally sad.

And YAY, it's in NY. ^^!

*runs from Aeva who's gonna slap her for saying that*

And yeah. I'm a little upset that it's so late this year. x_@; I'm gonna have to go to several other cons to fill up the time gap before my shoujo-lovvins'. :D

Tea-chan
10-14-2002, 02:12 PM

Please don't be mean to Aeva. ;_; *quietly sneaks her yaoi* >_>

Ranma Saotome
10-14-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Tea-chan
Please don't be mean to Aeva. ;_; *quietly sneaks her yaoi* >_>

D'oh! :p

aeva
10-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Tea-chan, I won't slap you. Just get all angered and annoyed that its far and ish. ....but free room GOOD! ^_____________^

mmm... yaoi.... ::eats her new yaoi goodness:: Yum! Gawd, you rock. XD

Shinobu
10-30-2002, 07:37 AM
I wish I could pre-reigister.........
I think Im just going to buy the one day pass once I get there.
hmmm no yaoi? no gravitation? I...can...live.
<< only 1/2 likes yaoi

Something Lulu
11-12-2002, 12:36 AM
Nov 15th, eh? Hmm that doesn't give me a lot of time. And I'm about to use up a lot of my money this week buying costume supplies and paying the electricity bill... Well, if I pre-register that means I'm definately going and I still kind of haven't decided... @_@ I'm too tired to be thinking about this now. The bottom line is that I'm seriously considering going and cosplaying as some shoujo manga chick. My main concern is getting there. My parents live close to Rye but I don't have a car and I don't know my Mom's schedule.

A question: of the ppl who are planning to go, what costumes do you think you will be bringing?

-Lulu

KuroBara
11-12-2002, 07:25 AM
0_0 I can't believe it! There's finally a con in the Hudson Valley, and I plan on being in Florida! D'oh! *falls over*

That, and it may interfere with Otakon. I wish they would post dates already.

Ranma Saotome
11-12-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Something Lulu
My parents live close to Rye but I don't have a car and I don't know my Mom's schedule.

A question: of the ppl who are planning to go, what costumes do you think you will be bringing?

-Lulu

There are buses in the area. If she is near the 76 and 13 buses, then you are set!

As for costumes:

-Ranma Saotome
-Kyosuke Kagami
-Barett Wallace
-Protoman
-Secret Project X

Tenjou
11-12-2002, 05:00 PM
[ A question: of the ppl who are planning to go, what costumes do you think you will be bringing? ]

- Kaguya from Planet Ladder (gown)
- Tohru from Fruits Basket
- Kayguya from Planet Ladder (uniform)

Something Lulu
11-13-2002, 10:39 AM
There are buses in the area. [QUOTE]

Hmmm, public transportation? I ususally don't cosplay when that's a factor, because I'm not prepared to sit on a train or bus in costume, and carrying it with me to change into will make me nuts. That's why I didn't cosplay at AXNY this summer. I'll try to sweet talk my mom into driving me lol. If I bring my little brother she probably will.

[QUOTE]-Barett Wallace
Cool! I've got a Tifa costume lying around. Good old FF7! :D

-Something...Lulu

Something Lulu
11-13-2002, 10:40 AM
Boy I really messed that post up. Shows me what happens when I try to mess with the coding. >_< (I wrote everything that's not bold.)

Eriol
11-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Boy I really messed that post up. Shows me what happens when I try to mess with the coding. >_< (I wrote everything that's not bold.)

You can edit your own posts. No one will be the wiser (other than the "last edited" annotation)

Something Lulu
11-13-2002, 10:32 PM
Hehehe I forgot about that lol. Thanks Eriol!

Shinobu
11-14-2002, 02:09 PM
My costumes?
If I go all three days I wan to be
Saki/Torhru from Fruits Basket, spring uniform
Saint Tail
Mitsuki, Takuto or Meroko from Full moon wo Sagashite

Saki and Takuto I could probably pull off without a sewing machine...maybie even the Mitsuki school uniform, but Saint tail needs one so...if I get a good pattern and my new sewing machine works....and if my mom brings me... then Ill be ok. @_@

Eriol
11-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Hehehe I forgot about that lol. Thanks Eriol!

When caught up in the joy of posting, one tends to forget these things.

Something Lulu
11-14-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Eriol
When caught up in the joy of posting, one tends to forget these things.

That and I'm still kind of new to the forums. I haven't been posting here for that long. :)

Eriol
11-15-2002, 04:25 PM
That and I'm still kind of new to the forums. I haven't been posting here for that long. :)

That makes me the elder in the forum world...

neoangelwink
11-29-2002, 12:55 AM
^^

penultimate03
12-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Woo, shoujocon, I really want to go, who knows, maybe I can manage it for 2003 ^_^* *Crosses fingers* So many fairly nearby cons to go to, so little money @_@

Oy, by the way, any of you Shoujocons staffers know a guy named Tenchi? I dunno if I heard right or not, but he's a staffer? Haha, I dunno.

isami
12-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Tenchi? Not to my knowledge.... hmm.

Yay, I'm so going to be there Sunday! It's my mom's old college, so she's kind of psyched about that. Can't wait! I joined events staff. Though, I don't know if they got my parental concent form yet. Stupid minor rules. I'm going to be 17 for kami's sake! Grrr. Anyway, I can't wait to see you all there! Let's all put a "cosplay.com nerd" sticker on our foreheads so we can find each other. XD

Something Lulu
12-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by penultimate03
Oy, by the way, any of you Shoujocons staffers know a guy named Tenchi?

I know someone who gets called Tenchi who goes to the West Coast cons, but it's probably not the same guy you're talking about.

Ranma Saotome
12-03-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by penultimate03
Oy, by the way, any of you Shoujocons staffers know a guy named Tenchi? I dunno if I heard right or not, but he's a staffer? Haha, I dunno.

[This post deleted by poster.]

penultimate03
12-03-2002, 09:42 PM
Haha, really, his name is legally Tenchi. Which is funny when he's buying anime, people have to check his id.

Anyway, yeah, he is a staffer at Shoujo apparently.... or was at least...I dunno if he's still doing it.

All the more reason for me to go, yay!

Something Lulu
12-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Nope, that's not the Tenchi I know.

TheAnarCHris
12-04-2002, 09:26 AM

My anti-shoujo tradition will be uphead once agian this year, beacuse of as of now, I'm cosplaying as KH's Leon (or Squall for those who havent played the game), the Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) and like Ranma I'm planning a top secret costume X for the masquerade. Needless to say if I do pull it off........well it's good trust me.

As additional note, I have no clue how i'm getting to Rye (yet) but I do know I'm turning 21 that very weekend....Party will be had, security will most likely show up ^/^.

Ranma Saotome
12-04-2002, 12:39 PM
I said, Secret Costume X is for Otakon, not Shoujocon. To get to Rye...

From SI Ferry, take 4 or 5 to 42nd Street to Grand Central. Take train to Port Chester. Then take 13 bus to hotel which is like a 10 minute ride, but make sure you tell the driver where you're headed.

Tenjou
12-04-2002, 03:07 PM
I'm bringing a Tohru Honda costume (Fruits Basket) a Utena costume, and Kaguya costume (Planet Ladder).

aeva
12-05-2002, 01:14 PM
I'll be bringing Shuichi's concert and banana costumes [Gravitation], Mimiru [.hack//sign], and Mink [Dragon Half]. I'll probably bring Merle [Escaflowne] as a backup costume.

Something Lulu
12-06-2002, 11:15 PM
I plan to bring Momo from Peach Girl, and possibly Miwako from Paradise Kiss. I'm not really too sure what other costumes I might take.

Also, what can anyone tell me about the Masquerade, if you know off-hand? Can you still sign up?

neoangelwink
12-07-2002, 12:52 AM
do u know serct stuff that will begoing on at shojcon?^^

Tenjou
12-07-2002, 09:12 AM
[ I plan to bring Momo from Peach Girl ]

Oh yay! ^_^ Momo rules! >D

Something Lulu
12-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Thanks! ^_^ I want to do her school uniform (since I've never cosplayed in one) and I already have about half of it. I'm going to order the rest from an actual uniform supplier.

TheAnarCHris
12-08-2002, 02:40 AM
From SI Ferry, take 4 or 5 to 42nd Street to Grand Central. Take train to Port Chester. Then take 13 bus to hotel which is like a 10 minute ride, but make sure you tell the driver where you're headed.

Thanks d00de, but what bus from grand central to post chester?

As for the lovely ms angelwink, you'll know about the secret costume once i finalize it. After all ur my shojo doom tag partner, hehe, which isnt my intergender tag parnter pat, who makes up thw big dumb spoon face brothers....yeah that's an inside joke, best not to ask.

neoangelwink
12-08-2002, 02:49 AM
ok ^^

Ranma Saotome
12-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Starwind824
Thanks d00de, but what bus from grand central to post chester?

You take a train from Grand Central Station to Port Chester.

Damn, I gotta rent a suite for NYO....

Tenjou
12-08-2002, 10:01 AM
[ Thanks! ^_^ I want to do her school uniform (since I've never cosplayed in one) and I already have about half of it. I'm going to order the rest from an actual uniform supplier. ]

You're welcome! ^^ Yeah, I'm doing 2 school uniforms and one baseball uniform. I have the Kaguya costume, since I used to wear that kinda stuff, and all I have to do is find a navy blue skirt and sailor shirt to go with my Tohru costume. ^^ I should try that.. or maybe an Army surplus for the sailor shirt? ^^;;; I dunno, it'll be my first real cosplay. :D good luck with yours! ^_^

Something Lulu
12-08-2002, 12:12 PM
I think you can find Japanese schoolgirl sailor uniforms pre-made at costume places or other Japanese costume/clothing companies. I know the ppl who make those messenger bags (I can't remember the name for the life of me, but they go to a lot of cons - something with Legend or Myth I believe) also have the female uniform from Evangelion, and they might have others, too. You might want to look around online and see what you can find.

As for my Momo costume, I already have the polo shirt and the shoes and knee highs, and then it's just her plaid skirt and vest. The problem I'm running into there is finding them in the right colors. (The skirt is a very light blue plaid.) I don't know about where you are, but there's various uniform suppliers around here that I think you can just walk into and either buy/order from, and frenchtoast.com has actually helped me out. (I sent them pictures of Momo and asked which plaid resembled it the best lol.) Good luck with your costumes. ^_^

Tenjou
12-08-2002, 12:17 PM
I found this Japanese website awhile ago with all the school uniforms imaginable. There are some problems though. One, it's all in Japanese. Next, I doubt my parents would let me get stuff overseas, and lastly, it's probably really expensive. ^^

All I have to do with my Kaguya costume is get the right socks and white polo to go under the black tee. I also need a grey jacket. ^^;; But everything else is good.

French Toast? !! I went to the dollar store and got my Tohru hairclips, and they were by that company! ^___^ Wow! I didn't know they had a website.

Thanks! ^_^

neoangelwink
12-08-2002, 01:56 PM
hehe toast ^^

Ranma Saotome
12-08-2002, 11:07 PM
I know the ppl who make those messenger bags (I can't remember the name for the life of me, but they go to a lot of cons - something with Legend or Myth I believe) also have the female uniform from Evangelion, and they might have others, too. You might want to look around online and see what you can find.

That would be Myth Wear. www.mythwear.com

MargauxZ
12-09-2002, 03:27 AM
http://www.asahi-jc.com/catalog.htm#uniform

Pretty pricey though....

Ranma Saotome
12-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by MargauxZ
http://www.asahi-jc.com/catalog.htm#uniform

Pretty pricey though....

Pricey indeed!!!!

*sees money fly away*

In some ways, wouldn't it be more cost effective to make it yourself and/or with help from others?

Something Lulu
12-10-2002, 12:11 PM
hehe that's part of the reason the school uniform I'm doing resembles American ones...that and I don't know how I'd look as a sailor >_<. (but yes, I like the character too lol.)

Yes! Myth Wear. Those people. lol Thanks Ranma

Ranma Saotome
12-10-2002, 12:20 PM
NP Lulu. One of Myth Wear's outlet stores is in NYC. Image Anime Co. I think they're on 7th and 30th....

Something Lulu
12-10-2002, 12:42 PM
Yeah I was there about a week ago with ppl for "otaku-con" lol. I remembered seeing the bags there. I have a wallet from them, but it doesn't have a change pocket so I don't really use it. (It's more a men's wallet.)

neoangelwink
12-11-2002, 12:00 AM
neat just staring to read peach girl ^^ you going look great ^^ good luck on your coustym. you got tan going too.

Something Lulu
12-11-2002, 07:53 PM
I'm tan? Where? lol Thank you, that's a big compliment for me. Peach Girl is a great manga. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

TheAnarCHris
12-19-2002, 02:49 AM
Yeah I was there about a week ago with ppl for "otaku-con" lol.

I love shameless plugs ^/^

SohjiroX
12-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Man I would love to Vol like I did at Fanime but I cant, I want to try and have fun at this con. man weap's are really getting hard to do soon anime will have very little weapons at all for stuff like this.

Ranma Saotome
01-02-2003, 03:01 AM
Also, what can anyone tell me about the Masquerade, if you know off-hand? Can you still sign up?

Something Lulu
01-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Okay, that's all I needed to hear. ^_^ Thanks

TheAnarCHris
01-03-2003, 03:34 AM
Hey SL good news. Our lil Cowboy bebop group just tripled in size. Supposely we now have a Ein (yes, an Ein cosplayer), Juila, Andy, Jet and a possible Vicious, amusing he has a job and or cash by August and someone makes him a Sephiroth costume as well.

Something Lulu
01-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Yay, Ein! Well I'll have my Faye costume done by then, so it's all good ^_^

TheAnarCHris
01-04-2003, 03:41 AM
Indeed, thanks Satan ^__^

Eriol
01-07-2003, 07:32 PM
What do you need to know?

Pre-reg hasn't started I don't think.

Pre-reg for the Masquerade? No, I haven't seen information on that yet.
When it hits the SJC website or is announced by an SJC official, that's when it's official. Anything else is "not ready for primetime."

Ranma Saotome
01-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Pre-reg for the Masquerade? No, I haven't seen information on that yet.
When it hits the SJC website or is announced by an SJC official, that's when it's official. Anything else is "not ready for primetime."

makonurikoryoko
01-08-2003, 03:40 AM
Is anyone planning on any Kamikaze kaitou Jeanne cosplay? XD I think that none of my group is goingto be attending Shoujocon ::sniff:: so Ill be without KKj-ers. Ill be Maron, dunno if Im doing it the whole con, but i do have pics up now here incase you care. So if anyones interested land is planning on KKj emme know!

TheAnarCHris
01-09-2003, 12:51 AM
All my costumes are of the non-shoujo variety...stupid yes, but hey,........

Ranma Saotome
01-09-2003, 02:28 AM
It's all good man! :)

aeva
01-09-2003, 09:51 PM
X3 Tea-chan and I have planned out all of these wonderful groups... she and I will have so much fun!! o.o As long as fanboys don't stalk us. >.> D00de. I can't wait. A whole cosplay-full weekend with the Tea-chan of life! WHEEEE! ::cackles::

TheAnarCHris
01-17-2003, 02:26 AM
Fanboy problems eh? Well I'm a SeeD and my friends are merc, so let us know, we could rent outselves out for a day. Plus I'm cosplaying as both Gene Starwind and Spike Speigal, so I'm alway down for a job that can lend me sum cash...

What this is better than whoring myself at AXNY...which i did ^/^

Ranma Saotome
01-17-2003, 10:59 AM
There's no stopping you is there Chris? :D

TheAnarCHris
01-18-2003, 03:28 AM
There's no stopping you is there Chris?

Isn't that a Rob Zomibe song...yeah I'm pretty Edge comes oout to that....lol

Tenjou
01-18-2003, 12:17 PM
*_* EDGE? DID SOMEONE SAY EDGE?

-tackles starwind- *________* you sexy beast!

Ranma Saotome
01-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Hehehehe, Chris has a fangirl! :D

Tenjou
01-18-2003, 12:43 PM
You do not know the extent of how much I <3 Edge. *_*

I get to watch Royal Rumble on Sunday! >D

Ranma Saotome
01-18-2003, 12:53 PM
So do I. :D

Tenjou
01-18-2003, 01:09 PM
*_* I can't wait for the RAW vs. Smackdown! match. *______* Jeff -drool- Edge -drooldrool-

I'm going over my friends' house to watch it. >DDDDDDD She's a RAW fan, and I'm a Smackdown! fan. ehehehe... the chaos commences. >D

TheAnarCHris
01-20-2003, 12:55 AM
AHHH GEES MY SPINE I LANDED ON A PUCHU!!!!!!

And yes I'm an Edge-head, and totally down with the awesomeness that he reeks of.

And some guy with a beard invited me to watch the rumble, but i ended up visting my gf and seeing "CAtch me if you can"....what Christopher Walken's it in, and he's one of the few Chrises that are cooler than me

Tenjou
01-20-2003, 08:18 PM
-hugs royal rumble- THAT WAS SO GREAT. *_*

XD, I think Studmaster or someone else said in the "suggest a costume of the person above you thread" that I should be a female Edge. bwhahaha >D

What was your favorite part of the RR? I loved the Edge part, of course, but I thought when Jeff (Hardy) came out was the best. >D especially the look on Matt's face XD

TheAnarCHris
01-22-2003, 03:32 AM
I missed the RR and Raw, so I have so clue as to wtf happend, mind giving moi a recap or something or that nature?

Ranma Saotome
01-22-2003, 09:26 AM

Tenjou
01-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Starwind~ Here, sorry it took me so long. ^^; Later!

Raw (http://www.backstagewrestling.com/results/raw/012003/index.shtml)

Royal Rumble (http://www.backstagewrestling.com/results/ppv/011903/index.shtml)

TheAnarCHris
01-24-2003, 02:24 PM
grassy ass ^________^=

Tenjou
01-24-2003, 02:58 PM
grassy ass ^________^=

^^:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; am I the grassy one? ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Shinobu
01-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Oh Ranma I had a question I needed to ask you I just forget it now. -_-
So... another question, will there be Full Moon wo Sagashite songs at the karaoke?

Shinobu
01-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Oh I remember the question. It's for whoever runs the DDR compotition. In the compotition is it to show our skills on the game or is it like a freestyle show compotiton?.... Im working on a few freestyle moves just in case. XD

Ranma Saotome
01-25-2003, 02:56 AM

Eriol
01-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Shinobu
Oh I remember the question. It's for whoever runs the DDR compotition. In the compotition is it to show our skills on the game or is it like a freestyle show compotiton?.... Im working on a few freestyle moves just in case. XD

Contact the Games Committee. Shoujocon's Contact Us page is here:
http://www.shoujocon.com/contact/index.html

Again, if you have a question about the con, ask us directly through our site's contact information. Don't post here. The people who run the con don't necessarily read here, and don't expect somebody to relay the message. This is not an official Shoujocon message board.

Judging freestyle is subjective and more time consuming than just adding up points or Perfects. There are so many people who want to play that freestyle can eat up too much time. If you want freestyle, email the Games Committee, and if enough demand is there, it can be considered.

TheAnarCHris
01-26-2003, 06:01 PM
All I'm saying is that nothing says "Shoujocon game room" like Soul Caliber 2.......or maybe Mortal Combat: Deadly Alliance

What? There's girls in those games......

I'm gonna shut up now.

Eriol
01-26-2003, 08:57 PM
All I'm saying is that nothing says "Shoujocon game room" like Soul Caliber 2.......or maybe Mortal Combat: Deadly Alliance

What? There's girls in those games......

I'm gonna shut up now.

hehe, you won't likely find those games at Shoujocon's Video Games Room. Last year's selection consisted mostly of dancing games. There was one SNES with some shoujo games that were donated temporarily for the con. In the other corner was an N64 with some non-Shoujo game (I think it was Sin and Punishment). Other than that, there weren't many games for the male audience.

Ranma Saotome
01-26-2003, 11:56 PM

marsie
01-27-2003, 09:17 AM
What type of Cosplay groups are going on?

I am planning on Akane from "Nihao my Concubine" and I have found someone to do Nabiki. Is anyone else interested in doing the rest of the girls from the movie or even some males?

I will post pictures as I find them.

AnimeParty
01-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Me bringing club and having big various group. I think there is also a Fruits Basket group...me got two costumes from FB and me friend is going too.

Tenjou
01-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Yep, there's a Fruits Basket group which I am apart of, and I may be joining a Sailor Moon group. ^_^ I haven't decided on which costumes I'll take though.

TheAnarCHris
01-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Maybe perhaps we could jury rig a PC with shoujo games?

YEAH NOTHING SAYS SHOUJO LIKE HALF-LIFE OR UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2K3!!!!!!!

But on the topis of groups, I have a rather large, non shoujo/ff one planned for shoujocon.

Ranma Saotome
01-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by marsie
What type of Cosplay groups are going on?

I am planning on Akane from "Nihao my Concubine" and I have found someone to do Nabiki. Is anyone else interested in doing the rest of the girls from the movie or even some males?

I will post pictures as I find them.

I could plan a Ranma 1/2 group. I have a Nabiki, Ranko, and a Shampoo. ^^

Tamoko
02-09-2003, 02:28 AM
Im so happy, ater a few bad moment withmy mom she finally agreed to letitng me go with a friend without her but she needs to know everyhitng about them.. anyway im most likly be going so i hope to see some of you there!! yay!! Go me go me! *does a weird dance*

Shinobu
02-12-2003, 05:00 PM
I havn't been on this topic for so long.
1) YES PURELY SKILLS!!
2) yeah Full Moon wo Sagashite is extremly shoujo. ^^;;

AnimeParty
02-12-2003, 05:43 PM
I've got a Shampoo comming too!! ^_^

Ranma Saotome
02-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by AnimeParty
I've got a Shampoo comming too!! ^_^

YATTA!!!!! :)

xKaori
02-24-2003, 03:55 PM
WOW I didn't know there was gonna be games at Shoujocon!!! XD Can't wait to go!!! ^^ Can you guys get like some PC games? Like Star Craft or Diablo II LOD or something like that? CS would be nice. LOL I'm ranting on too much o.o;

Ranma Saotome
02-24-2003, 11:37 PM

xKaori
02-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Awww LOL Oh wells. Better than nothing.

Eriol
02-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Actually, the Shoujocon Games Committee does have other activities planned. So, don't rule anything out until the venue is officially posted on the Shoujocon website.

Ranma Saotome
02-26-2003, 12:41 AM

xKaori
02-26-2003, 07:41 PM
I hope they can get Starcraft. Time to show some guys that some girls can actually kick butt!! XD XD

Eriol
02-28-2003, 03:54 PM
I don't think Starcraft was planned. Sorry.
No computers, no LAN

xKaori
02-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Oh wells. ^^; Just play on bnet. LOL and make a private game. o.o; Guess have to play something else. XD

SJC Chair
03-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Unless and until updates regarding SJC's Games events are posted to the con website, none of the information about such items is official, and therefore should not have been posted. Programming/guest information from SJC usually never goes out unless we've announced it on our website first.

While a game based on "Name That Tune" has been discussed, it's still only in the discussion stage and hasn't been announced as part of SJC 2003's official programming. Therefore, info about this game should not have been posted here.

Paulette
Shoujocon 2003 Chair

xKaori
03-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are any PC rooms near by the con? (PC bbang for those who know what it is) I wanna play some diablo if I get bored.

Ranma Saotome
03-03-2003, 10:23 PM
You're the only girl I've come across so die hard on PC games... Lemme treat you to a round of UT sometime.

xKaori
03-03-2003, 10:26 PM
What's UT??? o.o;; I've been into PC games since Half-Life came out!! XD And I hope to enter the World Cyber Games!!! XD XD Know anywhere near by the con where I can play?

Ranma Saotome
03-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Thre used to be, but the closed down years ago.

UT = Unreal Tournament

Ginny
03-04-2003, 12:05 AM
eeeeeew a thread about Shoujocon ;___; You'd have to give me buckets of gold and some first born sons to ever go there again. Worst. Con. Ever.

*runs away*

Ranma Saotome
03-04-2003, 12:10 AM
I can only think only one reason why you didn't like it...

Ginny
03-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Could it be because we were harassed and assaulted at the hotel, and no one did anything about it? And we weren't the only ones. There's a reason you're supposed to have con SECURITY. The people running that con need to get a damned clue.

Something Lulu
03-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Harassed and assaulted? ::raises eyebrow:: Is this the kind of thing that's been remedied since last year?

Ranma Saotome
03-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by G-chan
Could it be because we were harassed and assaulted at the hotel, and no one did anything about it? And we weren't the only ones. There's a reason you're supposed to have con SECURITY. The people running that con need to get a damned clue.

Well the higherups are here now...

Eriol
03-04-2003, 12:19 PM
SJC has already reported the official assessment on that event.

It is unfortunate that such incidents occurred.

SJC has new management, new staff, and a new location for 2003, so it is another fresh start.

A con changes its organizational structure every year. The outcome will be different each time.

Anime Expo NY, with its history in CA, apparently flopped. So, it would be inaccurate to judge a con's performance simply by looking at one particular year.

Ranma Saotome
03-04-2003, 12:35 PM
AXNY bombed?! Where did you hear this? I was told that it was a success...

Studmaster
03-04-2003, 02:27 PM

I heard from a staff source on AnimeonDVD.com, that AXNY lost money for the SPJA. It's one of the reasons why it won't become a year round thing.

xKaori
03-04-2003, 09:40 PM
o.o; AXNY wasn't that fun... x.x; I got bored after 3 hours.... If freakin ppl harass you, get your cell ready and sue. ROFL Or risk getting kicked out of the con a beat the crap out of them!! XD

Eriol
03-04-2003, 10:41 PM

As stated by Studmaster, AXNY appeared not to have met their financial goals. While I have NO official word, I have heard on the grapevine that the target attendance was missed by over 50% (yes 50%).

As Studmaster said, that's a good reason there has not been an announcement for a 2003 AXNY.

BAAF isn't a typical anime con by design (it's an industry con), so its financial needs and organization are different.

TheAnarCHris
03-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Yeah not for nothing, I had a lot more fun at BaaF then AXNY, the con could have been ran better by retarded chimps, and quite frankly, I'm back we're back to BaaF ^/^

As for SJC, cant judge i was there for all of 3 hours lasy yr. But I've talked to some of the new heads in charge, and I like what their doing, so good luck to them all.

Ranma Saotome
03-04-2003, 11:44 PM
As stated by Studmaster, AXNY appeared not to have met their financial goals. While I have NO official word, I have heard on the grapevine that the target attendance was missed by over 50% (yes 50%).

As Studmaster said, that's a good reason there has not been an announcement for a 2003 AXNY.

BAAF isn't a typical anime con by design (it's an industry con), so it's financial needs and organization are different.

Not suprised in the least... And now they're gonna try to pull of AX Tokyo? That's rich. :D

xKaori
03-05-2003, 08:20 PM
LOL There goes the money. Is Shoujocon any good?

AnimeParty
03-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Shoujo con is great. I loved it alot. It was me first con, and me and my friend had a blast. It's not a major or big con, but it's worth the time and money.

xKaori
03-05-2003, 10:02 PM
Hmmmm okie dokie. TY

animeandska
03-05-2003, 10:23 PM
They didn't cash my(well daddy's) check!! When do they send out tickets and such and by when will they cash the check?

animeandska
03-06-2003, 05:49 PM
wait!!! ignore that!!! I just got a confirmation e-mail! ok so i am happy! *goes to watch Sorcerer Humters or Bakura Socerers.. i dunno-*

Eriol
03-07-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by animeandska
They didn't cash my(well daddy's) check!! When do they send out tickets and such and by when will they cash the check?

Because SJC isn't a big con with big staff...it is staffed by volunteers, so things get done very often in blocks of time rather than continuously (24/7/365).

neoangelwink
03-09-2003, 01:12 AM
they great stuff at this con ^_^, I hope do more stuff. that like about little con they easy to get a round and to do stuff. people are more friendler too and everone feel more close.

SJC Chair
03-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by G-chan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry you didn't have a great time at the convention.... But even in the best-case scenario (with plenty of staff on hand to help), we couldn't have anticipated the kind of hostile, out-of-control behavior displayed by non-SJCon guests of the hotel that Saturday night.

What happened during SJC 2002 involving the hotel's other guests was ATYPICAL. In three years of con planning, the worst that ever happened was a bride being upset because some of her photos had cosplayers in them. Other than that, our relationship with other hotel guests had been quite good.

But as I was one of the people involved in helping out both staffers and attendees who'd come to con management with reports about being harrassed by the hotel's other guests, I don't agree that "no one did anything about it". While the con leaders couldn't handle every report, we certainly got the hotel management involved and made sure that if any SJC attendees were further harrassed, the police would be involved in addition to the hotel's management and security staff. If you did not come to the con chair/asst con chair to report being harrassed/assaulted by other guests at the hotel, then no, you could not have received help. But with the help of the hotel (who'd stepped in and started limiting meeting floor access to only those people wearing SJC badges), the majority of the stupidity going on died down within 2 hours after con management first received the reports.

As a con run by volunteers, we're also limited by the number of people helping out and by the number of places people can be. We can, however, always improve how things are run, and we've already taken steps toward reducing the possibility of what happened last year happening again this year:

(1) relocated from the NJ hotel to a new site. One of the reasons for picking our new hotel is because the staff there has CURRENT (that is, within the past six months) experience dealing with scifi/anime cons and therefore can be expected to respond better to our needs; and

(2) started working on ways to improve communications among SJC's staff and attendees during the convention, so when something does happen to our con guests, our guests know they can come straight to con leadership if necessary--and we can provide immediate solutions.

Paulette
Shoujocon 2003 Chair

rainetomoe
03-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Wow I didn't even see the forum for shoujocon here ^_^'
I'm gonna be on staff as Security this year if I don't get lost on the way there. The US is big and scary(is from Canada)
I'm hoping to bring a couple of costumes with me.
My Sailor Moon costume and Usagi costume and if I have enough time and money to make it my Utena costume. ^_^

AnimeParty
03-26-2003, 11:54 AM
rainetomoe - Hope to see you there. ^_^ I hope I don't get lost...I have bad sense of direction...although I live 23 min. away and have been there before. ^^;

rainetomoe
03-26-2003, 12:07 PM
AnimeParty - Love the AV *dools* Hopes to meet you there too. ^_^