PDA

View Full Version : Zuko cosplay help

The_Emperor
06-07-2010, 04:03 AM
Prince Zuko is someonr I've wanted to cosplay as for a long time. But I'm not the best at making cosplays. Still a beginner really. I'm not the best with fabrics or sewing but if someone could help me with getting started on the cosplay and things to use and such, I would greatly appreciate it. Here is a picture to show the outfit I want to try and make.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy21/zutara-fan-forever/zuko/Prince_Zuko_.jpg

StrawberrySiren
06-08-2010, 02:21 PM
There's actually a whole Avatar thread under the Anime and Manga board. They probably have a lot of help stashed in there.

harmonyisarine
07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
If you're talking about cloth, go with a light cotton. It's easy to work with and looks good, in addition to being pretty accurate for the character (the other option is silk, but that's more expensive, harder to work with and maintain, and probably wouldn't be used for travelling clothes anyway). Just make sure when you pick the cotton that you get a nice weave, none of that quilter's cotton. It's cheap and dyed in many colors, but it's too stiff and machine-y too look really nice for costumes.

lyraparry11
08-05-2010, 10:55 PM
you know why might work well if you modifyed it a bit, for the undershirt and pants is a pattern for a doctors scrubs. they're very very easy to sew (my first ever sewing project was a fleece set for pajamas :D)the vest...shouldn't be too difficult to figure out, and the boots probably aren't difficult either. it's a good choice for a beginner, I'd say. but definetly check out the scrubs idea; simplicity brand has a nice pattern.