PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com table-gathering @ Nekocon

Eurobeat King
09-17-2003, 04:06 AM
Hey everyone,

Nekocon2003 will be the last con of the year for me, and even though it'll be my 3rd time going to this con, it'll be the FIRST time I'll be having my con-tradition which is the cosplay.com table-gathering. :D Last year I tried to have some music playing, but I borrowed a friend's small speakers for my CD-player, and it didn't work out too well.. :thumbsup: But there was still a small gathering of friends, and I printed out some pictures for cosplayers who loved them..

THIS year, I will try to find a nice location for one. I know the Holiday Inn is small, and it sux that they close off the back part of the hotel where the dealers' room after it closes at 6pm, since there's not much to do back there after 6pm. So that leaves the area where the artist alley is, but I've noticed the artists tend to stay at their tables until late in the evening, so that place is usually still busy during the evening.

Regardless, I will still find a place to do a gathering, and so please keep an eye out for it. It'll take place Friday night after 9pm, and will go until I get tired.. :snoring: Saturday, it'll take place LATER, usually after the masquerade and after all the picture-taking craziness.. Due to the lack of space at the hotel, I may NOT bring my big stereo system, but instead bring a portable boom-box to play my music. It still packs a punch, but not as much my usual speaker/subwoofer system..

Music? Hehe What else? Lots of SuperEurobeat, Freestyle, Anime Mixes, Techno-Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy, and more. :rockon: And since when Nekocon is here, it'll be close to X-mas, so I'll be playing the Eurobeat Christmas music for those who are in the holiday mood!

It'll be fun, and please stop by to say hello, hang out, and check out the pictures that I print of cosplayers that I took during the day. More info to come soon, so I look forward to seeing you all there!

Giant Alucard
09-17-2003, 01:52 PM
I will try and stop by the table this time since i was not able to find the table at otacon (that place was huge).

psythe
09-17-2003, 02:57 PM
I will show try to show up and hang out for a few one of the nights :bigtu:

See you all there :)

Kellie
09-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Ooh! I'll try and stop by definitely! ^_^

evilchii
09-17-2003, 05:47 PM
if i can find the location then i would love to stop by and say hello ^_^

makonurikoryoko
09-17-2003, 06:25 PM
hehe sam ehere! ^^

Tora
09-17-2003, 08:24 PM
The 'gathering' at Katsu was chill!

I'm sure we'll stop by a few times at Nekocon ^_^

UnwantedKikyo
09-20-2003, 01:23 PM
yup im just following tora ^_^' so whereever she goes i go to mostly...unlesss....but...yea...lol

minako chan
09-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Heh, i'll be there^.~

Midknight
09-20-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm there! Also, Al, let me know if I can bring anything that you need that's too big to bring on the plane (since I live there and all...) I have a boom box with detachable speakers if yours is too cumbersome for the trip.

DarkMgcnGirl
09-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey Al there is possibly the place where I hold the Hall Costume Contest (if I'm still back there) but it's in the corner over by where the restaurant is ... it tended to be fairly quiet Friday evening when we were there so it's a possible area ... *shrugs* It's the only place I can think of off the top of my head.

Eurobeat King
09-21-2003, 05:19 AM
Midknight: Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it, but I think I'll be OK with equipment. The boombox I'm planning to bring will fit inside one of my check-in-luggage. Usually when I bring my speaker & subwoofer system, they fit OK in one of my green check-in's. :)

DarkMagnGirl: Thanks also for the advice. I've been to the area you're talking about, and it's a great place to relax, or practice skits, but it's also away from the main area of the con, and not too many people will be passing by there Friday evening. I want to set up a table somewhere in the open, where people will pass by and check out what's going on at the table. If need be, I'll have members like yourself or Midknight scope out a spot, and save it for me until I get there with my equipment. :)

Midknight
09-21-2003, 05:39 AM
Oh! (Why didn't I think of this earlier?) I just thought about asking my friend that is on the staff if he can do something about setting up a table for you. Let me know if you want me to ask him.

Eurobeat King
09-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Midknight: Jenn, that would be too nice of you. :D I usually don't like to request a table, since at cons I usually just wander around in the evening, and if I find an empty table that's next to a power outlet, I just use that. Besides, I know the artists in the artists' alley (usually) have to pay for their table, and since they all do great fan-art, it's better for them to use that valuable space during the day (and evening) to showcase their stuff. I do the table-gatherings for fun, and not for profit, but I do accept donations. :bigtu: I do a special service if people want THEIR OWN pictures printed using their own memory cards.. (Yesh, if members or con-attendees come up to me with their digi-cam memory cards (ALL formats) I can print out a picture and supply the paper & ink, and only charge $1 for the picture.)

If you do ask your friend to get me a table, I would only need it during the evenings if there is one available, after 9pm on Friday and TBD on Saturday evening. That's really nice of you to do that. Thanks!

Midknight
09-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Your welcome ^_^

I don't know if he'll be able to do anything or not. He might be able to recommend an area to use if he can't get anything set up... I'll ask.

sandruu
09-28-2003, 06:24 PM
It is a little hard but I will help ya out as much as I can with my staff powers. Muh ha ha ha!
-Justin ^_^'

Your welcome ^_^

I don't know if he'll be able to do anything or not. He might be able to recommend an area to use if he can't get anything set up... I'll ask.

Midknight
09-29-2003, 08:43 AM
It is a little hard but I will help ya out as much as I can with my staff powers. Muh ha ha ha!
-Justin ^_^'

Thanks! ^ is friend I was talking about. :)

Link Arroway
09-29-2003, 11:41 AM
I'll be coming ^_^ sounds like fun, I want to meet you Eurobeat King

Farmboybob
10-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Ok hopefully I'll be there by Friday afternoon so I think I can make it.

Tsumanne
10-16-2003, 04:43 AM
If I get luckey and have the weekend off Ill have to swing by.