PDA

View Full Version : Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) Makeup

Champuro
06-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm working on a Rose Tyler costume from Doctor Who, and I really want to go above and beyond with the make-up since Billie Piper has such a distinctive look.

Reference:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/rose%20tyler/iggtimelord/Rose_Tyler.jpg

I'm so shocked that there aren't that many tutorials out there on how to do make-up like hers, so I was hoping that you kind folk here on Coscom could help me out! Any suggestions on how to get her look?

PSY-chan
06-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Check out the sister duo Pixiwoo on Youtube. They have a ton of easy tutorials.

Her makeup is not very difficult, she's obviously wearing lots of mascara and brown eyeliner on both her upper and lower lash lines. Plus rosy blush and a beige/pink lipstick. Good luck!

HottieNanako
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
When I cosplayed her, I just put on foundation, powder, and a rose-colored blush. Then I put black eyeliner on my upper lids and the outer half of my lower lids. Applied one coat of mascara to all my lashes (upper and lower), waited a minute, then went back and applied another coat to the tips of the uppers. The second coat really makes them look longer (it can sometimes turn out a bit globby, but Rose's mascara tends to be globby anyway, so it works). Finish up with a natural pink lipstick. Rose doesn't usually have a dramatic color on her lips, so anything that looks natural with your skin tone will work. Hope this helps!

StrawberrySiren
06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
I'd like to add that she has really dark eyebrows compared to her hair (that always annoyed me). Make sure your brows are a nice brown color!