PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh!!! I'm still roomless!

Kira_Yamato
09-17-2003, 04:58 PM
I'm freaking out here, realizing that I'm so unprepared for this con.

Does anyone need a roommate?

Failing that, are any rooms still available? I suppose I could coerce my parents into lending me the money for a room......

KoreanEyez
09-18-2003, 12:59 PM
which con?

JoeBoeing
09-19-2003, 01:19 PM
This is a sub-board for Ani-Magic so I think it's safe to assume Kira needs one for AM.

Kira, I was looking for a roomate for about a month and just found one like a week ago. You should have contacted me back a couple weeks ago.

I didn't check the AM board on AM's site but did you as there as well?

Good luck finding a room... I think they are pretty much booked now. I could be wrong though.

From,
Joe

Kira_Yamato
09-20-2003, 01:07 PM
This is a sub-board for Ani-Magic so I think it's safe to assume Kira needs one for AM.

Kira, I was looking for a roomate for about a month and just found one like a week ago. You should have contacted me back a couple weeks ago.

I didn't check the AM board on AM's site but did you as there as well?

Good luck finding a room... I think they are pretty much booked now. I could be wrong though.

From,
Joe

Dang it. I can't find AM's site? I tried googling, and trying any URL I could think of!

brocas
09-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Dang it. I can't find AM's site? I tried googling, and trying any URL I could think of!

http://www.ani-magic.org/

It's usually the org, or the - that I forget.

Michi
09-20-2003, 06:58 PM
If you're clean/don't snore or make too much of a mess/don't mind being on the floor in a corner or doorway.. We could maybe fit you into one of our rooms. :p I don't reaaaally know if I wanna squish more people in though. x_x; I'd like to be comfy..

But the AVI is full (the main con hotel) so you'd hafta try the Desert Inn or something.. I dunno what it's like right now for rooms. o.O We have a room at the AVI and at the Desert Inn.

nekoneko09
09-21-2003, 12:16 PM
If you're clean/don't snore or make too much of a mess/don't mind being on the floor in a corner or doorway.. We could maybe fit you into one of our rooms. :p I don't reaaaally know if I wanna squish more people in though. x_x; I'd like to be comfy..

But the AVI is full (the main con hotel) so you'd hafta try the Desert Inn or something.. I dunno what it's like right now for rooms. o.O We have a room at the AVI and at the Desert Inn.

Hi, are u still looking for a "clean/don't snore or make too much of a mess/don't mind being on the floor in a corner or doorway.. "? i cant get my friends to go down with me and still cant find a room. Thx.

Kira_Yamato
09-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I'm still looking for a room. I don't cause a lot of trouble. I really don't sleep a lot, so it's almost more of an issue of just a place to dump my stuff. So it'd be great if we could work something out.

nekoneko09
09-21-2003, 10:56 PM
I'm still looking for a room. I don't cause a lot of trouble. I really don't sleep a lot, so it's almost more of an issue of just a place to dump my stuff. So it'd be great if we could work something out.

Do you snores? I dont and i cant sleep if someones snores. Also i am not sure if i can get a room in Lancaster. If i cant i am thinking of getting one in northern LA :( but since u come from LA.. there isnt a point for u to share room with me.. i am from Fremont..hehehe so cant commute.

Masako
09-21-2003, 11:37 PM
My BF and I need a room. We are very unprepared for this con because we just heard about it and decided to attend it. We don't even have a ride. :(

We're also foreign (from Malaysia) and have been in the states since August 03 and this is our second con (our first being JTAF) we are really lost, I don't even know where Lancaster is or how to get there like bus or something. I heard we have to drive down but we can't because we don't have a US Driving license and our country's driving license apparently is not valid here. Can someone help us? We're very unsure of procedures. I was thinking of taking a bus down since I can't drive.

We both live in the downtown San Fran and we don't snore and we are clean. We also can share a single bed if you don't mind us cuddling each other to share the bed. ^_^ (We have done this plenty of times when we were sharing rooms with friends).

Just in case you're wondering who we are, we were at JTAF cosplaying as Paiway (me) and him Gackt.

Here is my e-mail: mask@voiceacting.co.uk

Another reason why we'd like to share a room is because we'll be able to make friends that way!

Thanks again!

AM Chair
09-22-2003, 02:55 PM
My BF and I need a room. We are very unprepared for this con because we just heard about it and decided to attend it. We don't even have a ride. :(

We're also foreign (from Malaysia) and have been in the states since August 03 and this is our second con (our first being JTAF) we are really lost, I don't even know where Lancaster is or how to get there like bus or something. I heard we have to drive down but we can't because we don't have a US Driving license and our country's driving license apparently is not valid here. Can someone help us? We're very unsure of procedures. I was thinking of taking a bus down since I can't drive.

We both live in the downtown San Fran and we don't snore and we are clean. We also can share a single bed if you don't mind us cuddling each other to share the bed. ^_^ (We have done this plenty of times when we were sharing rooms with friends).

Just in case you're wondering who we are, we were at JTAF cosplaying as Paiway (me) and him Gackt.

Here is my e-mail: mask@voiceacting.co.uk

Another reason why we'd like to share a room is because we'll be able to make friends that way!

Thanks again!

Hey Masako!
Good to hear from you! There are still plenty of $58.00 double rooms at the Desert Inn (11 as of today) Call 661-942-8401. Mention Ani-Magic for the discount.

As for travel, you can get a bus down to the Lancaster Metrolink station, Greyhound stops there. I will pick up you and your beau and save you the cab ride. PM me for my cell phone number. It is aslo possible to ride amtrac down, take the metrolink to Lancaster Sta. But you have to arrive on thursday/friday and leave on monday, there is no weekend rail service. Failing this, you might be able to get a ride from the many folks who are driving down from the bay area. How 'bout it folks, wanna help two gaijin out?

On your driver's license, what you should have done, and maybe its not too late, is get an international driving permit through a travel agent or auto club. Our auto club does that for me, and I get to range all over Japan thanks to that permit. 'Course, I lived there 8 years, and I know my way around; not reccomended for the newbie touring in Japan. That permit , with valid Malaysian DL, allows you to drive in the US... just remember we drive on the right side of the road here (lord only knows how many times I turned onto on-coming traffic in Tokyo last summer ) :eek:

Hope you make it down.

Revell

Michi
09-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Kira.. o.o If it's more of a matter of where to dump your stuff, I might be able to still help you out. But maybe you and neko can get a Desert Inn room? ^_~ $58 a night between two people is $58 each! Nice nice. ;X Or maybe add Masako + her b/f.. making it less than $30 each o_o

Masako
09-23-2003, 04:57 AM
Thanks a lot guys! =3 so far we're pretty interested in carpooling down with people from the bay area because taking a bus might be a bit daunting not too mention that we got college on Fri and Mon.

Ooooo staying at the Desert Inn sounds nice but then I just wanna know whether they will be other people staying there (other then me and kira and neko) so we can travel from that hotel to Ani-Magic.

Anyway thanks again for helping us! I can't wait to start cosplaying! ^_^

AM = as for the driving license I can't get an international one because we have a 2 year probation (called a Learners license, I can drive on Malaysian roads but with restrictions) for new license holders, so it's only after 2 years can I get my 'real driving license' and like an international one. The odd thing is that you have to be 17 to learn how to drive in Malaysia. So thus I'd have to be like 19 or 20 before I get my 'real' driving license and since I got mine when I was like 18, I'd have to wait till I'm like 20 till 21 or something.

AM Chair
09-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Masako, the DI hotel is like 400 feet from the AVI... lots of people in the con there.

Kira_Yamato
09-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Hmmm...I think I may as well just go and book a room. Anyone interested in rooming, PM or IM me.

Eveil
09-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Just booked a hotel room at the Desert Inn, which is next door to AVI. The total cost is $70 and I have reserved a non-smoking room with two beds. It's a queen size.
I'm currently splitting the cost at $35 a person just between me and Kira_Yamamoto, but if anyone wants to join in, that's fine too.
3 people - $23 per person
4 - $17.50
5 - $14
6 - $11.50
7 - $10
8 - $8.75

etc...

Eliza
09-29-2003, 01:52 AM
What nights do you have this room for?

I kind of need thursday through sunday night to stay, because I'm coming in from out of state and flying and such... I do have a room reserved, but the person I was staying with can't come anymore, so I can always cancel that, I'd much rather have roommates and split the cost somewhat.

if the nights I need can somehow be arranged (and yes, I can swing paying for extra nights myself if it's possible to add them to the room only for me), I do need roommates now ^^

and in case it matters, I'm a little disorganized but not too messy, and I don't snore.

Eveil
09-29-2003, 01:57 AM
my room is booked for Thursday and Friday night. I'll only be staying until Saturday afternoon. If you want to come and stay, that's fine, but I think you'll have to pay for the extra night & whomever else needs an extra night.

Tetsugyu
09-29-2003, 02:08 AM
K_Valantine and I would be willing to hook you up with space on our floor for and even split of our room charge (that's split about 5 ways). IM me on AIM it's: Agent Tetsugyu

Oh crud...I just read the thread and see you found a room. Well poo. The offer stands to anyone out there reading this.

Eliza
09-29-2003, 10:07 AM
I can certainly pay for a few extra nights (the arrangement anyway was going to be two nights shared, and that's really what I need) if they can be booked (shouldn't be a problem I guess ^^).

I'll send a pm I guess ^^