PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade discussion

Natchan
06-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone! Talk, and ask questions about the Masquerade for this year!

Hope to see you there!

iaShakezula
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey Natchan , if I already won some award ie presentation for a particular character from another con, is that ok to compete with the same outfit?

I was with a group in AX and the group won a Judges award and an honorable mention in presentation however I didnt include myself in the craftmanship judging...but in AnimeLA I won in the Novice division for presentation with the same character and with honorable mention for leather work.

If I am not , then its ok.I will relax this time around. if its is fine ,then I will revise my skit to have a comedic segment in it

NamineGhostGirl
07-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Is the Masq' going to be split up into two days again or just one day?

iaShakezula
07-17-2010, 11:07 AM
from what Rich told me, just one day.

missrelena
07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Yup, it is just one day again.

Hazel Chaz
07-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Some years at Anime Vegas, the curtain time for Masquerade has been in the afternoon, before the artists' alley/dealers room closes. So when I've been sitting a table there all afternoon, at the end of the day I've just gone off to dinner.

Do you know what time the Masquerade will start? (Which, I hope, is not before whatever time it's advertised to start.)

Tenshi
07-20-2010, 12:51 AM
The Masquerade has never started before 6 unless you count the Singles Masquerade on the last day of last year's con. I'm also pretty certain it's always started at the published time.

Hazel Chaz
07-20-2010, 01:16 AM
The Masquerade has never started before 6 unless you count the Singles Masquerade on the last day of last year's con. I'm also pretty certain it's always started at the published time.

It might have been the Singles I was thinking of. I know it's been brutal to try to get out of the dealers room and into the Masquerde.

As far as starting early, I've never heard of that with Anime Vegas, but I've seen that happen at at least one other convention out in one of those desert states.

missrelena
07-28-2010, 11:56 PM
As far as starting early, I've never heard of that with Anime Vegas, but I've seen that happen at at least one other convention out in one of those desert states.

(snicker) I think I resemble that remark!:crylaugh: (sorry!)

iaShakezula
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
I havent see Natchan around here.Anyway, I am starting to change my mind for the masquerade and not do it this year.
I have used Yukimura Sanada 2 times now, If I finish Luca's out fit then I might , I am a little burn out from AX still.