PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Gijinka Umbreon!

Paishi
06-11-2010, 06:41 PM
I never cosplayed as a Gijinka and my friend(who is cosplaying as Espeon) REALLY wants me to go to Oni-con as Umbreon. I'm going as a gijinka for the first time and I have NO idea how to start(what to wear) or anything. I wanted to make it sort of simple but I want others to KNOW what I am cosplaying as(Umbreon).

I had already made a design for the costume that I thought would be ok but then I found out that Umbreon has Yellow circles on his legs and not a strip Dx So I need to redo like more that half of the costume. ;-;

So...any suggestions on what I should do? ;-;

zombietrudy
06-11-2010, 09:01 PM
there are designs going around from a particular Japanese artist that are generally deemed as "official" gijinka designs, this (http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5816/197umbreon.jpg) is the umbreon one. you could start with that as a base design, otherwise you could do a search for umbreon cosplayers here [I've seen quite a few] and get some ideas there. gijinka designs are very customizable and you can really do whatever you want with it, keeping with the colour scheme and any distinctive markings/features [for umbreon, ears/tail, the yellow markings]
there's also a pokemon gijinka thread over in the anime section, people there are very helpful with designs and whatnot =] feel free to hop on over there and post any designs/ideas you have and we can help you tweak 'em :3

Paishi
06-11-2010, 11:17 PM
there are designs going around from a particular Japanese artist that are generally deemed as "official" gijinka designs, this (http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5816/197umbreon.jpg) is the umbreon one. you could start with that as a base design, otherwise you could do a search for umbreon cosplayers here [I've seen quite a few] and get some ideas there. gijinka designs are very customizable and you can really do whatever you want with it, keeping with the colour scheme and any distinctive markings/features [for umbreon, ears/tail, the yellow markings]
there's also a pokemon gijinka thread over in the anime section, people there are very helpful with designs and whatnot =] feel free to hop on over there and post any designs/ideas you have and we can help you tweak 'em :3

Thanks so they arnt official? I thought it was fanart =O
its cute anyway. I might use it as a base and change a few things here and there. :)