PDA

View Full Version : NAF 2010 Cosplay Plans!

Mekou
06-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I think it's about time we have the general 'what are you cosplaying for NAF' thread. :D!!

--

I'm not sure what I'll be doing on Saturday yet. I might be Orihime from Bleach, or just put together a lolita outfit. Something that I can run around in to do my staff duties.

Sunday I am hoping to be a huge nerd and cosplay from the parody series "Watchmen: The High School Years" from YouTube. XD I'll be Dan, with my girlfriend as Rorschach. If not, then maybe just plain clothes.

Rainbowgasm
06-12-2010, 11:01 PM
We are doing Takuma Ichijo and Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight Saturday and Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist and Beatrice from Umineko Sunday!

box of doom
06-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Well, I can confirm lolita on Saturday and Honey on Sunday (Ouran HS Host Club back for our fourth year, come check us out!), but I can also guarentee that they won't be my only two costumes. ^_~

I need to discuss with a few people before I know my plans 100%, but it's gonna be fun times, at the least.

Mekou
06-13-2010, 01:08 AM
box of boom - I'm still hoping to wear lolita with (most of) the rest of my staff girlies ♥, but it all depends on what I'll have by then. XD

hourqueen
06-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm still not 100% sure, I'd love to see If I can finish my L4D Smoker Cosplay for NAF. There's a few others I might do too ;P

Otaking97
06-14-2010, 09:10 PM
No idea. Per usual.

VickyBunnyAngel
06-15-2010, 01:49 AM
First time going to NAF this year, but I also plan on sitting behind a Dealer's table. Perhaps I will go as Xing Cai from Dynasty Warriors , or Reimu from Touhou if it gets finished on time

Otaking97
06-15-2010, 07:43 AM
First time? Heh.....

Anyway what are you doing in the dealers room?

RoseHanabira
06-15-2010, 11:40 AM
I'll likely only be going for 1 day again this year, so only 1 cosplay for me. I'm hoping to have Rinoa finished by then.

Jenova'sWitness
06-17-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll be Hikaru from Host Club, and I'll have my dear brother with me of course

FukashimaLoku
06-19-2010, 10:01 PM
I was recently given floor space to sleep on at a friend's house for this con, so I'll most likely will be WWII England for the Saturday, and Sakura Artbook version of the default outfit from Tsubasa on Sunday though that might change.

Blaze1662001
06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I`ll be doing Haruhi from ouran High on whatever day JenovasWitness does Hikaru. I might also do Claire from Harvest Moon on the other day.

Turtleen
06-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Looks like I'm participating in Hetalia events (bingo? >3>) so maybe I'll just wear different versions of Russia...

Well, I can confirm lolita on Saturday and Honey on Sunday (Ouran HS Host Club back for our fourth year, come check us out!), but I can also guarentee that they won't be my only two costumes. ^_~

I need to discuss with a few people before I know my plans 100%, but it's gonna be fun times, at the least.
Tino? 8D Eduard? 8D Ivan would be more than happy to bug you~

hourqueen
06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
I`ll be doing Haruhi from ouran High on whatever day JenovasWitness does Hikaru. I might also do Claire from Harvest Moon on the other day.

R-really? That's amazing! I love harvest moon, I actually have a Muffy cosplay in the works I might wear if I finish it :3

LidChan
06-23-2010, 01:20 AM
If I get to go I'll be Ukraine from Hetalia and possibly a Fem!Canada version if I finish it in time....

but I'll confirm soon if I really will go and if I do then I can be apart of the Hetalia Events <3

Blaze1662001
06-23-2010, 07:39 PM
R-really? That's amazing! I love harvest moon, I actually have a Muffy cosplay in the works I might wear if I finish it :3

That is the plan. A couple of my friends and I are doing Harvest Moon for the cosplay picnic so far we have Claire, Popuri, and maybe a Nami. Since I don`t really feel like wearing any of my other costumes it will probably be Claire and definetly Haruhi.

Jenova'sWitness
06-25-2010, 01:57 AM
IF you do it, I might bring Popuri too. It all depends on what days I can go to the con!

hourqueen
06-25-2010, 04:49 AM
>o< I really wanna finish my Muffy cosplay now!

VickyBunnyAngel
06-26-2010, 09:06 PM
First time? Heh.....

Anyway what are you doing in the dealers room?

doing your nails ;)

My friend and I want to see how feasible it is to offer a cosplay nails service and products. NAF is economical enough to test the idea :P

DeadKoiBunny
07-06-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm hoping to attend N.A.F. for the first time so that I can meet more local cosplayers. If all goes well that is. I'll be dressed as Guro Lolita.

Mekou
07-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Confirming that I will be bringing Orihime to wear on Saturday. :D Super bright yellow skirt with huge bright orange flowers. Yep, will be easy to track me down if anyone needs me. XD

My right hand lackey will be Rukia. ^_^

BsWN
07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
NAF will be my third convention =) I'll be going as Mikami from Death Note on Saturday with my aunt. And as BB on Sunday with my brother, wheather or not my Fem!Beyond will be there is yet to be seen.

O_O And I think I saw some of you at Anime North. I honestly hope no one remembers me, I failed >.<

BsWN
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
doing your nails ;)

My friend and I want to see how feasible it is to offer a cosplay nails service and products. NAF is economical enough to test the idea :P

I've never heard of that before... Could you explain it, I don't really understand.

>.< Sorry for the trouble.

hourqueen
07-14-2010, 07:59 AM
NAF will be my third convention =) I'll be going as Mikami from Death Note on Saturday with my aunt. And as BB on Sunday with my brother, wheather or not my Fem!Beyond will be there is yet to be seen.

O_O And I think I saw some of you at Anime North. I honestly hope no one remembers me, I failed >.<

Cool! I I'd love to see you're death note cosplays.
If I don't finish Muffy I might do Light again (maybe I'll bring my L). Not too sure.

BsWN
07-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Cool! I I'd love to see you're death note cosplays.
If I don't finish Muffy I might do Light again (maybe I'll bring my L). Not too sure.

That's awesome, I feel like the only Death Note cosplayer in Canada XP. For some reason I never find them, or they avoid me o_O

The cosplayers, that is. ^.^" They seem to avoid me...

hourqueen
07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
That's awesome, I feel like the only Death Note cosplayer in Canada XP. For some reason I never find them, or they avoid me o_O

Haha, Really? I always seem to attract them xD

I'll see if my L wants to do it for Sunday (Unless I finish my other one, which might not happen "OTL ), hmmm. I might have a Near too, if I do Death Note.

BsWN
07-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Haha, Really? I always seem to attract them xD

I'll see if my L wants to do it for Sunday (Unless I finish my other one, which might not happen "OTL ), hmmm. I might have a Near too, if I do Death Note.

Okay, Either way, I guess I'll see you there ^.^

Otaking97
07-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Try two years ago. You would of been lost in a sea of white shirts and blue jeans.

BsWN
07-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Try two years ago. You would of been lost in a sea of white shirts and blue jeans.

O_O I see. Ls. >.< L is probably the most common DN character, besides Misa... but I can never tell a Misa. ^.^"

BsWN
07-17-2010, 09:04 PM
All plans are cancelled. Now I have to throw together a Matt costume because I got a hair cut and they guy didn't cut it properly. Now I only have my Closet!Matt costume to fall back on, so I have a week to gather a long sleeved striped shirt, mid fore arm length gloves and orange goggles. Not happy =(

hourqueen
07-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Aww, if it helps the arms for my smoker cosplay broke, so I can't use them for NAF. "OTL
Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna re-do Light for NAF on Sunday though.

KamaKamaXII
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Saturday I'm doing Luna from Moonphase c: The rest of my group is going as pokemon.

KamaKamaXII
07-18-2010, 06:38 PM
doing your nails ;)

Are you doing decora nails because if you are I am interested c:

BsWN
07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Aww, if it helps the arms for my smoker cosplay broke, so I can't use them for NAF. "OTL
Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna re-do Light for NAF on Sunday though.

Oh that sucks, last minute problems... Although my situation might be solved, my hair is so bad that my mom offered to buy me a wig before she even saw it. So I'm seeing if I can persuede her to buy an "L" styled wig to I can still do my BB cosplay. My Mikami is cancelled though, which I actually don't mind since I wasn't completely happy with it anyway. So right now I'm just trying to get over the fact that my hair is looks like Chad from Bleach's only shorter. >.< Damn the guy who cut my hair! =(

And I hope I see you at NAF, I'll either be the fail Matt or slightly less fail BB XP

Jessiful
07-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I'll be re-wearing Haruhi Suzumiya for one day probs (If I can get my hair not so... bleehh~), and hopefully some crazy ninja not related to anything in particular except for my fangirlyness and my love of ninjas ;p
Yeah, I haven't prepared at all for these things yet, yay procrastination? >.<
I'd love to do an anbu cosplay, but I can't get it done on time, Fan Expo maybe? :P

Edit: I really wanted to do Ritsuka, but my wig sucked last time I did it, so unless i magically fix it/find a new one, no Ritsuka this time around... ;(

KiddehKitteh
07-19-2010, 06:54 PM
My friend and I are cosplaying 'Hooded Pj' Gatomon and Patamon from Digimon XD
Might be doing an Elfin Lied Nana, and she might do a Loli Kero at some point.
We'll both be working my table in the artist alley, and I assure you we have a ton of goodies for everyone.
If you'd like, give me a PM and I can direct you to some pictures of all the stuff we're offering this year.
Also, I'm running a few panels (yaoi and yuri), including a Fan Service Competition on Sunday Night XD Just a heads up so people can start getting creative, ha ha.

Citron_Tetley
07-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I'll be Hungary from the Amore Mio video on Saturday with an Austria and Ukraine Sunday. I might bring along Rumia from Touhou as well for fun.

BsWN
07-20-2010, 01:09 PM
My friend and I are cosplaying 'Hooded Pj' Gatomon and Patamon from Digimon XD
Might be doing an Elfin Lied Nana, and she might do a Loli Kero at some point.
We'll both be working my table in the artist alley, and I assure you we have a ton of goodies for everyone.
If you'd like, give me a PM and I can direct you to some pictures of all the stuff we're offering this year.
Also, I'm running a few panels (yaoi and yuri), including a Fan Service Competition on Sunday Night XD Just a heads up so people can start getting creative, ha ha.

A fanservice competition? O_O I love that idea =P How old do you have to be to watch? (Or participate...)

KiddehKitteh
07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
A fanservice competition? O_O I love that idea =P How old do you have to be to watch? (Or participate...)

Ha ha, sixteen to watch and participate.
Please bring a form of ID so we can make sure, kay? Otherwise we can't let you participate T^T

Rainbowgasm
07-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Please bring a form of ID so we can make sure, kay? Otherwise we can't let you participate T^T

dammit... I'm good but my cosplay partner is not... -_- I hate that we cant base things on maturity in this world...
What kind of fanservice are we talking about? Single character or pairing?

BsWN
07-20-2010, 09:05 PM

Awww damn, Only 13 over here... I'll have to see if I can get someone to bring my camera in with them a video tape it for me XP

KiddehKitteh
07-20-2010, 11:28 PM
dammit... I'm good but my cosplay partner is not... -_- I hate that we cant base things on maturity in this world...
What kind of fanservice are we talking about? Single character or pairing?

Mm, it can be solo or group, however, the bigger the group means the prizes are split. It can be yaoi, yuri, hetero, or mixed, really. You can use props, music or anything as long as it isn't messy and can't hurt anyone.

KiddehKitteh
07-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Awww damn, Only 13 over here... I'll have to see if I can get someone to bring my camera in with them a video tape it for me XP

Aw, I'm sorry T^T
Its a federal law though.. so its to protect your young influence-able eyes.
Maybe I'll run one next year or on DA for those younger cosplayers.

VickyBunnyAngel
07-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Are you doing decora nails because if you are I am interested c:

We weren't originally planning on doing anything 3D like the decora nails, mainly using stamps and thin brushes to paint designs on nails, but I'm sure I can bring some gems, and cutesy add-ons to make it decora =)

BsWN
07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Aw, I'm sorry T^T
Its a federal law though.. so its to protect your young influence-able eyes.
Maybe I'll run one next year or on DA for those younger cosplayers.

My influence-able eyes? XD I have to say, I think I have seen too much... or at least read too much. Lol, I write kink lemons (<.< >.>)... I think I've already been influenced... XP FanFiction.Net can be a wonderful thing...

KiddehKitteh
07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Ha ha, regardless, its the law.. I was writing fanfics at your age too.
If I were to expose anyone under the age of sixteen to acts which are considered sexual or erotic I'd be in big trouble, not only with the con, but with the law, and the convention would get in trouble too.
>.< Its just the way it has to be.

KamaKamaXII
07-21-2010, 02:24 PM
We weren't originally planning on doing anything 3D like the decora nails, mainly using stamps and thin brushes to paint designs on nails, but I'm sure I can bring some gems, and cutesy add-ons to make it decora =)

Okay thanks I look forward to it c :

KamaKamaXII
07-21-2010, 02:25 PM
When is Saturday Night Dance start and end at anyway?

hourqueen
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
When is Saturday Night Dance start and end at anyway?

It ends at 1am and starts at 9pm = w=

BsWN
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Life is crap, I have a choice. A summer Music camp or my L wig for Saturday?

hourqueen
07-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Life is crap, I have a choice. A summer Music camp or my L wig for Saturday?

Are you sure the wig will come in time? Doesn't shipping take a while?

BsWN
07-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Are you sure the wig will come in time? Doesn't shipping take a while?

I can't buy it off the internet, I'm lucky that there's a comissioner near me. So ya, I go to her for all my wigs and pick them up in person.

I really should stop whining on here, >.< Problem was solved, I whined to my dad and he gave in.

hourqueen
07-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Well good ^o^

I'm going out to finish getting my stuff tomorrow.
So much for not being last minute...again.

BsWN
07-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Gah, I hate doing things last minutes (if I actually care about them...)... THat's why I'm pissed at my dad for not letting me get what I need earlier =(

P.S. Is anyone going to the opening ceromony?