PDA

View Full Version : Sword and Shields??

fluffyhead009
06-13-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm being Cassandra from Soul Calibur III. And as some of you may know, she carries a sword and a shield.

http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/1266_m/Cassandra-i-Soul-Calibur-IIi.jpg

I need some advice on how I could make these and if I SHOULD make these myself. These would be the first props I ever made by myself.. And The con is in about 4 weeks. Almost exactly.

So please, I'd really appreciate it if you helped me out here! ^^''' Thank you!

Chergnomebyl
06-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Well commissioning them probably won't happen cause of how soon it is.
Making them, you can go the cheap easy way, by making them with cardboard or foam.
Making them secure, you could paperclay, paper mache, dowels, or use something other than those that will make them sturdy. I guess just break them down into how you think it will work : D! Sorry if this hasn't helped out much : P, but goodluck!

Zil
06-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Fluffyhead- you should take a look at Featherweights broadsword tutorial. He added it on to his Cardboard Katana tut, so if you search for that thread, its in the first post after the katana part. If you're not familiar with him, he makes great props out of cardboard, hot glue and wooden dowls. He's made a Hylian Shield (Legend of Zelda) too, and he has some pics of it in progress that could give you some ideas for your shield. They have that same kind of raised detail. Best of luck!

fluffyhead009
06-15-2010, 03:23 PM
@Huggin; Yeah, I was afraid of that. :( But I understand. And I've tried with cardboard and it didnt turn out to well (but its prob cuz I was making it lol) so Im really gonna try and I have some dowels... Thanks though!

@ Zil; Oh :o Thank you so mcuh!