PDA

View Full Version : Help with Uni from Katekyo Kitman Reborn costume arm

otaku_ken
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi, I'm not so sure if i should be posting this here, but it just didn't seem to fit anywhere else. Anyways, on to the question.

I am re-doing a costume a costume because I rushed it and it came out looking beyond terrible. The one problem I had was with the arms. Here is the best picture I could find. She is Uni or Yuni from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

http://www.animecrisis.com/wp-content/gallery/reborn-episode-178/cs_hitman_reborn_178_480p-mkv_snapshot_00-02_2010-04-16_22-07-22.jpg

The question is fairly difficult to come across, so i will try my best to explain it. How do i get the pointed part of the sleeve to fall completely centered on the hand.( I hope this makes sense). When I first attempted this. I thought the best way to do it would be to make the point of the sleeve line up with the middle of the sleeve. However, the arms felt weird, and a pulled in an awkward way, and it wasn't centerd when i moved my arm like that. Any help? I tried a stretch material before, anf failed horibly, so I am using sturdy cotton this time around.

nyokun
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
What you want to do, is add a stiff interfacing to the cuff of the sleeve. Maybe halfway up the forearm. That will give you the point and stability. and if you want it to stay centered to your hand, perhaps you could incorporate a loose finger loop at the point, similar to renaissance style sleeves.

otaku_ken
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
What you want to do, is add a stiff interfacing to the cuff of the sleeve. Maybe halfway up the forearm. That will give you the point and stability. and if you want it to stay centered to your hand, perhaps you could incorporate a loose finger loop at the point, similar to renaissance style sleeves.

Wow, that make a lot of sense. Thanks so much. I'm going to try that.