PDA

View Full Version : keeping wigs in good condition?

Jun_Kazama
09-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Ok, i just bought a wig for my Priss costume (for 5 bucks! and its perfect too) and of course, being as impatient as i am had to take it out of the package to try it on and whatnot. Anyways, I dont really know anything about wigs as I've always used me real hair for costumes before.
Should I worry about the spikes falling and going limp or anything like that (they kinda stick up and out to the sides and all over the place). And if there is a chance they might, is there anything I can do to ensure they'll stay in place? I bought one of those foam head things and its sitting on that now, that and I'm keeping where it wont get all messed up and stuff (my sister's old room, im the only one that goes in there).

:confused:

Menchi
09-18-2003, 05:53 PM
you can get a wig head for storage but i never got a spiky wig so dont knwo much about keeping the spikes in it. if they rolled or whatever the thing in the bag/box i dont thing it woud be a big deal about keeping the spikes it but the wig head woud be my only idea *Shrugs*

Hitomi chan
09-20-2003, 02:33 AM
you must keep it in a bag, for getting away the dust and stuff that might affect it and ONLY GET IT OUT FROM THE BAG a few days before you'll use it for fixing details about it. Don't worry the hairstyle doesn't get ruined, I say that by experience with my Julia (the black haired girl from t.a.t.u.) wig.

Hikaru Tsuki
09-20-2003, 01:37 PM
I keep my wigs out of the bags. I find keeping them in bags messes up the hair style, especially with long wigs. If you don't have a foam head to put it on, you can use any head-sized plush toy. To avoid the wig from collecting dust, you can keep it on a closet, which is what I do.

Jun_Kazama
09-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Ah..okies. thanks. I'll try keping it on the foam head and then putting like a plastic bag over it or something :japan:

Gren
09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
That's what I do for my wigs, except for ones with bizzare styles like Sora. I had to custom make a little hat box for him.

Artema
09-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Mmm, wig-care.

I remember back in High School when the Colorguard had to wear black wigs for our band's marching show.

At times I felt I was the only one who knew how to take care of a wig. -twitch- I bought a foam head for it, brushed it after every show, I even washed and styled it a few times so it would look as good as new.

It was so disappointing to see the other guard members just pull the wigcaps off, with the wig still attached with pins and throw the whole mess into their bags. And then they'd whine about how the ends weren't curled under anymore or they'd begin to fit improperly and so on. >.o'

The school paid for the wigs, so we didn't get to keep them, but maaaaaaan. I so wanted to swipe it. Everyone's wigs except for mine and my close friends looked like complete crap when we had to turn them in at the end of the season. -cry-

So that is why you guys rock, because you're anal like me and actually care about your costume parts :3