PDA

View Full Version : who should i cosplay? (see my pic)

xdeletex
10-14-2002, 10:39 AM
alright, i've already made a post about being rei at animexpo this july, but i just want to see what other characters i can pull off, in case for some reason i can't be rei.

here's pictures of me:

the girl. (http://geocities.com/modskwadavenger/idea.jpg)

forgive the pretentious poses. :D

aeva
10-14-2002, 10:47 AM
I'd love to help, but the URL you gave doesn't work. o.O

...from the hair in your picture, I think you should do Sharon Apple from Macross Plus!! =D

xdeletex
10-14-2002, 10:49 AM
-slaps head-

gah. i typed "jpg", instead of html.

-dunce-

here's the address:

www.geocities.com/modskwadavenger/idea.html

haha. sorry. :p

Hungryjack
10-14-2002, 11:05 AM
When I clicked on the first link, I got an ad for a Dodge Viper and thought to myself, "Looks great!"

Do you always look as far away from the camera as possible?

xdeletex
10-14-2002, 11:44 AM
most of the time. did those pictures not give you a general idea? or did you not have an idea? -shrug-

MarshalBanana
10-14-2002, 01:41 PM
i agree with aeva, sharon apple from macross plus was the first thing that poped into my head

Ayaka
10-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Yep, Rei's a good choice, and Sharon Apple, definitely. I think you'd also be good for a fighting game person, cause of the way you pose. ^^ But I haven't thought of anyone specific yet . . . *ponders* I think there's actually a lot of characters you could pull off well, as far as looks go, and you're definitely good with the camera. I'll see if anyone else comes to me. ^^

Ranma Saotome
10-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Hmm

Sakura: SF Alpha
Hinata: Rival Schools/Project Justice
Akira: Project Justice

Sailor Uranus: Sailor Moon
Aeka: Tenchi Muyo!
Motoko: Love Hina

That's all I can think of for now...

Hikaruchan
10-14-2002, 06:31 PM
Think Sailor Saturn would be good

Ranma Saotome
10-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Hikaruchan

[Family Feud]
Great answer, great answer!
[/Family Feud]

xdeletex
10-15-2002, 05:02 AM
thanks guys! these ideas will definitely come in handy. ^_~

Ranma Saotome
10-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Well you know, we try. :D

officer_fujita
10-15-2002, 02:22 PM
faye (cowboy bebop) :)

aeva
10-15-2002, 02:37 PM
You could also try:

Akane [Ranma 1/2]
Karen [X]
I forget her name, but the chick with the Inuki [X]

If you're willing to crossplay:
Suguru [Gravitation]
Tatsuha!!! [Gravitation] [I'd LOVE you if you did that *-*]
Sakano [Gravitation]
Any Malice Mizer member [except Mana, really]
Ryouga [Ranma 1/2]Van [Escaflowne]

Female characters with short dark hair are a little rare.... ^^;;;;

xdeletex
10-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by aeva

If you're willing to crossplay:
Suguru [Gravitation]
Tatsuha!!! [Gravitation] [I'd LOVE you if you did that *-*]
Sakano [Gravitation]
Any Malice Mizer member [except Mana, really]
Ryouga [Ranma 1/2]Van [Escaflowne]

i've wanted to crossplay, but as spike. haha. think i could pull it off? i don't have a pointy nose though. bah. -_-;

aeva
10-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by xdeletex
i've wanted to crossplay, but as spike. haha. think i could pull it off? i don't have a pointy nose though. bah. -_-;

Spike up your hair, pull on your suit, and you're set! I think you could, really. I don't think people will factor in the pointy-ness of your nose, but rather how well-done your costume is and how well you stay in character. >^_^<

xdeletex
10-15-2002, 03:22 PM
marshalbanana , aeva - sharon apple would be a rather nice idea, since my boyfriend is obsessed with her. she might be fun too, but those eyebrows. hm. tricky.

ayaka - your post made me smile. saying i can pull off a lot of characters really excited me, and i almost fell outta my chair. ^_~

ranma santome - i'd really love to be someone from street fighter, but my heart was set on chun li from day one. bah.

hikaruchan - sailor saturn would be nice, i don't think i've actually seen a sailor saturn cosplay, though i'm sure there were many. O_O;

office_fujita - faye was my first choice! but, after looking at her costume, i realized i wouldn't be comfortable enough to wear something like that around. O_o;
if i had the confidence, i definitely would. <3

aeva - i'm trying to find pictures of tatsuha, but i can't find any! i've never seen gravitation. hmm. i should definitely check it out.

thanks for being so nice, guys. ^_^

aeva
10-15-2002, 03:27 PM
O.O You've never seen Gravitation?? Oh my dear, you're missing out. In my avatar, he's on the right side. I've never actually seen him wear that outfit, but you get the point. ^^:;;;;

If you IM me [xShindoShuichix], I can send you DOZENS of pictures of him. I'm bloody obsessive over him. XD ...and the rest of the series, for that matter.

Ranma Saotome
10-15-2002, 03:38 PM
ranma santome - i'd really love to be someone from street fighter, but my heart was set on chun li from day one. bah.

Gomen. :(

^^

MarshalBanana
10-15-2002, 10:28 PM
ive heard of pipe cleaners being used as a base for the crazy sharon apple eyebrows-nya... the more i think about it you would make a really swell sharon, and it seems your bf would like that too-nya... hehe.. im sure youll do well as any character you choose-nya ^__^ gambatte-nya!

officer_fujita
10-16-2002, 11:28 AM
Faye was the first one to pop into my mind after I saw your pics; you'd make a really cool Faye.

But Rei also suits you. Post some pics after you finish the costume :)

shadow
10-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Another one I thought I would just throw in would be.

Battle Angel Alita.

Adella
10-16-2002, 09:02 PM
hm.... I think she'd loo PERFECT as Yura of the Hair from Inu yasha!!! She has that dark beauty and short hair just like Yura!! Let me see if I can find a pic..

Gally would be good too ::nod::

Adella
10-16-2002, 09:19 PM
http://www.furinkan.com/iycompanion/characters/yura.html

there is a lil info on Yura ^^

Ayaka
10-16-2002, 09:57 PM
YURA that's one of the people I was trying to think of!!! Glad you thought of it, Aeris. ^^

And yeah, no one complained about my nose shape when I did Faye, so . . . lol ^^

Adella
10-16-2002, 10:56 PM
like totally she looks like Yura!

Mei Lan Chang
10-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Dawwwwling, you can cosplay as anthing you would like to. I would say pick a character you like and work with it.

Chosuke
10-18-2002, 03:09 PM
Yuffie xD.. But then again..I also agree with Mr.President

Dawwwwling, you can cosplay as anthing you would like to. I would say pick a character you like and work with it.

xdeletex
10-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Eee. These suggestions are exciting me...!

Ranma Saotome
10-25-2002, 01:53 PM
Eee. These suggestions are exciting me...!

I dunno if anyone said, but you'd make a damn good Sailor Saturn.

Adella
10-25-2002, 04:44 PM
hm yeah that too.

Shinobu
10-29-2002, 08:50 PM
I was going to say Yura of the Hair from Inu Yasha but someone stole it from me. XD (jk) but Yeah you'd look wondeful as her, and as Sailor Saturn. Also since your hair is kinda short it would be easy to wear a wig, and you could be anyone you want. ^^
Crossplay, hmmm... my only crossplay was Duo but dose that count? XD
If you wanna be Spike that'll be cool. More power to ya!

Hikaru
10-30-2002, 05:32 PM
I was gonna say Sailor Saturn too but I think Lain would be good too.

xdeletex
10-30-2002, 05:50 PM
This is good, since I've been wanting to cosplay Lain for quite some time. At first, I wanted to do the bearsuit version, but changed my mind after seeing too many bear-pj cosplays.

Now, I want to do the white slip, with wires wrapped around me. Either that, or her classic school uniform, cos it's cute. Muah.

Cyber Wolf
10-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Another one I thought I would just throw in would be.

Battle Angel Alita.

*nod, nod* I agree. Battle Angel Alita would suit you pretty well I think.

Adella
10-30-2002, 10:52 PM
Do Gally, Yura, and Lain, AND sailor saturn?!!

psythe
11-03-2002, 06:14 PM
Just reading through the post, and I agree with Shadow. Battle Angel Alita popped into my head right away.

Malon
11-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Hikaruchan

random me. I second that notion!!