PDA

View Full Version : Color for Sailor Pluto Wig

DarkGunner
09-18-2003, 07:36 PM
I am thinking of cosplaying her in the future and am just wondering what color I should choose for her wig. They dont offer a dark green wig from Amphigory so Im either thinking of going with black or regular color green. Any thoughts?

Michela
09-18-2003, 07:46 PM
I would suggest the Crave (emerald green) color amphigory offers... since Sailor Pluto is almost always pictured with green hair, (especially in the manga... in the anime, she has more of a dark green tint) it's more important to have the green. Emerald green is a great color for it, too! (If you want a reference, they actually have a picture of a Pluto cosplayer with an emerald green wig in their customer gallery. If you need any further help, you can just check that as a reference.)

Hikaruchan
09-18-2003, 09:31 PM
Also, for people on the cheap - I found a decent slightly past shoulder length green wig at Walmart last year that I picked up just cause the color looked about right for if I ever did Jun in civvies or Pluto. Just had to recut the bangs as they were lopsided. So, they should be getting in this years wigs around now - but its a crapshoot on whether the wig will be usable/decent when they are that cheap.

Koumori
09-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Katie Bair has done a Sailor Pluto wig in dark pine green, so it is possible to get that color with Sharpies - though what color markers she used and what color wig she started with, I don't know.

DarkGunner
09-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I don't know if I would have/take the time to color a godiva wig. I think I would shoot myself. ><

Michie
09-20-2003, 08:28 AM
You could get a black wig, then just saturate it in a dark green color.

Kula Ayanami
09-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Why you do not make a black wig with green? Or green half,
black half, mixing the colors,of course...?^^

Michi
09-21-2003, 02:52 AM
I always thought their Crave/emerald green was pretty dark looking... o.o; Go check their customer gallery, like Michela said. I agree that it fits manga Pluto well.

Then again, Seramyu/the live action Sailormoon musicals gave Pluto black hair and it looked just fine.. ^^; Depends on your own preference.

Dagger
09-21-2003, 10:13 AM
What if you got a black wig and added green highlights to it? That's pretty much what her hair looks like.