PDA

View Full Version : Osmosis Jones!

Prota-Girl
06-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Ok....I may seem a bit...old school with this, but I've looked and looked and have seen NO Osmosis Jones cosplay, and I've gotten this sudden urge to try and create Thrax, the main villain from the Movie. I have an idea as to how to really make it, as well as a good mask of sorts I can alter. I'm concerned about the hair though. I looked through for a possible good dark or off colored purple wig and was actually planing to style it in a wild way to make it look like his, dred-lock type of hair style.

His claw, I have an idea to make it either electronically glow, or when people use flash on their cameras, it will glow, but will remain normal colors like the rest of my finger tips when in person. I feel like I am sounding a bit crazy for even thinking this, but man, I want to make it so darn badly! Thrax is one of my all time fave villains and to make his costume for, god knows what, would just really be amazing. O_O

And my other reason for making this thread was, well, I was curious to see if anyone else thought at all about possibly Osmosis Jones (Movie and TV Show) Cosplay? I'd love to see a cute Ozzy or a hilarious Drix. xDDD Seems possible... And if I was able to have a group of sorts, I'd possibly die. xDDD And yes, I am a huge fangirl of the stuff, I grew up on that movie of sorts. xD So, forgive me for my randomness, I just loved Thrax as a villain. I am even looking for the right kind of contacts if I ever get the chance to get 'em.

Anyhow, just a thought.. O_O So, anyone else kinda thinking on the same subject or am I 10 years too late? xDD *feels silly*

inconspicuous
06-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I was thinking the same thing! I saw no "osmosis jones" cosplays, which surprised me, because a Thrax cosplay would be the most amazing cosplay EVER. He's too good of a villian not have someone cosplay him.

And what do you mean; It's never too late! I was considering of cosplaying a character as well. I would love to cosplay thrax, but I have very feminine features and can only crossplay effectively equally feminine male characters. So instead, I was thinking of dressing up as Leah, but that's not for a while. I'm working on a different cosplay right now.

inconspicuous
06-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Also, some ideas to help you with your cosplay (if you go through with it):
Thrax’s hair are more tentacle-like dreadlocks. A wig might work fine, but it wouldn’t look as good. The best (but most difficult and expensive) way to make his hair would be to create a latex headpiece. Here’s a tutorial on that: http://www.tatterhood.com/comics

People have also made them out of plaster or out of cloth, but I haven’t seen a tutorial for either. I would suggest looking at star wars cosplays, specifically of characters who are either Twi’leks or Togrutas, because they have tentacles (somewhat) like Thrax does. See how those cosplayers approach that problem.

Hope that helped :)

Prota-Girl
06-28-2010, 06:01 PM
LEAH IS ADORABLE! I'd love to see you pull her off! and well, I am rather girly at times, I feel like I have some of his features.. and I feel like I can use certain ways in the under shirt/sweater to make my shoulders a bit more...broader then how they are now. And I feel with the right techniques, I should be able to pull Thrax off. I just...I love him so much. xDD And the claw.. to have that would be such fun! And I want the chain as well. With all the hypothalamus (I think I spelled it right) glands in it. All nice and sparkly. xDD xD

Awesome to see another fan. I thought this thread was gonna die a short death. LOL

But yes, Osmosis Jones FTW. xD

Echosong
06-28-2010, 06:45 PM
I LOVE Osmosis Jones! I'm excited to see the cosplays that you guys have, and I'm glad you actually decided to do some. I would do one, but I don't think I would be able to pull anyone off ^^'

Prota-Girl
06-29-2010, 03:18 AM
YAY! Another fan!! xD And in my point of view, there's nothing wrong in trying. You could even try to make your own random white blood cell, or random villain. I know there was plenty from the random cartoon series. xDD As with Thrax, I feel I can kinda pull him off, but maybe with my own possible spin on it all. xD I think it'd be a fun little adventure. xD Ya never know till you try, what I usually say. But nice to see another fan. :)

inconspicuous
07-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I found some purple fabric left over from a different cosplay, so I decided to use it to create Leah's dress. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight and upload pictures of it.

EDIT:
Finished everything but the collar: http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/Froggers4Ever/Cosplay/Leah/DSC03478.jpg

Rose~Berry
07-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Osmosis Jones was one of my favorite cartoons as a little kid! It's a shame no one's tried to do the characters. Thrax was certainly an impressive villain with strong traits and would no doubt be easier to cosplay because of his solid skin tone compared to Jones. I really hope you'll be able to do a group! That would be the best. ; ) Wish you guys luck if you pull it off!

QuintenCain
07-02-2010, 11:25 PM
OMG I would LOOOOVE to do this in the future!! I bet I could get my bf to pull off Drix, just because he's way into strange construction like that lol.....I could try for Ozzy! That would be so much friggin' fun!!1 AHAHAHA I'm so glad I'm not the only fan here of this movie!!!!

Prota-Girl
07-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh God, if you succeed in that, and I finish Thrax in time, we gotta meet. O_O I got an idea to make the chain and everything. I got the sunglasses and whatnot. LOL Just need to get the items for the head. O_O Then the skin. LOL

But woot! Power to the Osmosis fans! <3

inconspicuous
07-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Roseberry: Thanks for the encouragement! I'm also hoping for a group cosplay. This movie deserves it.

Quinten: Do iiiit! The more OJ cosplayers, the better!

Prota: I'm really excited to see how your thrax costume turns out. There's a lot of obstacles to overcome with that costume and It'd be cool to see how it comes together.
And yes, OJ fans FTW!

Prota-Girl
07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I found some purple fabric left over from a different cosplay, so I decided to use it to create Leah's dress. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight and upload pictures of it.

EDIT:
Finished everything but the collar: http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/Froggers4Ever/Cosplay/Leah/DSC03478.jpg

Oh my god, it looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the rest! it looks awesome! 8D Now you're making me wanna hurry in making my Thrax costume. Due to the fact I may be going through a pretty big move soon, I'm kinda placing it on hold, sadly. I wanna get it done asap, though. LOL But you look excellent! :)

inconspicuous
07-05-2010, 12:42 AM
I just finished up the collar, for anyone who wants to see:
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/Froggers4Ever/Cosplay/Leah/DSC03507.jpg
and
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/Froggers4Ever/Cosplay/Leah/DSC03514.jpg

I'm really proud of this dress, cause it's the first I've made an outfit from scratch without going off any pattern of sorts.

Oh my god, it looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the rest! it looks awesome! 8D Now you're making me wanna hurry in making my Thrax costume. Due to the fact I may be going through a pretty big move soon, I'm kinda placing it on hold, sadly. I wanna get it done asap, though. LOL But you look excellent!

I'm also putting this one on hold for a while. I just wanted to get the dress out of the way because I can. I'm going to work on the earrings and maybe the boots. After that, going back to my other cosplays. I don't have the money to work on all of these cosplays at once.

PsychoShinji
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Wow, cool! I only just saw the movie and spinoff series earlier this year, and I loved it. I drew up my own costume designs for my friend Zelda and I to cosplay as female human versions of Osmosis and Drix. PM me if any of you are interested in seeing my designs, as I'm hesitant to post 'em anywhere for now! I was thinking it would be so much fun to bust out those costumes out at Dragon*Con or some other convention where western animation fandom might be more present, lol! So far, I've just got those concept designs floating around. Convincing her to do it with me will probably not happen any time soon ;)! Anyway, I am glad to hear that others are interested in doing these costumes! Best of luck to you~ The fandom is small but seems to be awakening a little more these days! :D

BritneyAmino95
01-03-2011, 02:59 AM
I love Osmosis Jones ! I've loved it since I was little :)
I'm happy to see that someone is making a cosplay costume on one of the characters :) Because (in my shock) They didn't make any !!
I was Maria Amino from the T.V. series about 2 years ago.... But I made that costume . Haha . Hope it turned/turns out what you want ! :)

inconspicuous
05-14-2011, 11:12 PM
A year since I've been on this thread and I have finally continued working on my Leah cosplay! Here are some WIP pics:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2930344/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2930343/

Wow, cool! I only just saw the movie and spinoff series earlier this year, and I loved it. I drew up my own costume designs for my friend Zelda and I to cosplay as female human versions of Osmosis and Drix. PM me if any of you are interested in seeing my designs, as I'm hesitant to post 'em anywhere for now! I was thinking it would be so much fun to bust out those costumes out at Dragon*Con or some other convention where western animation fandom might be more present, lol! So far, I've just got those concept designs floating around. Convincing her to do it with me will probably not happen any time soon ! Anyway, I am glad to hear that others are interested in doing these costumes! Best of luck to you~ The fandom is small but seems to be awakening a little more these days!

I'm so excited to see so many Osmosis Jones fans :D If you don't mind posting, I'd like to see your designs. Genderbent ozzy FTW!

I love Osmosis Jones ! I've loved it since I was little
I'm happy to see that someone is making a cosplay costume on one of the characters Because (in my shock) They didn't make any !!
I was Maria Amino from the T.V. series about 2 years ago.... But I made that costume . Haha . Hope it turned/turns out what you want !

ALDSJF MARIAAAA! She was the highlight of that TV show.

Tealeafy
05-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow, blast from the past! ^^ I used to love Osmosis Jones. Not planning to cosplay anything from it, but I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see what you guys do. All the progress looks awesome so far!

Scorpio8116
05-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Ah, it's been so long, but I love that movie! <3
I'd never thought of it, but oh man, Thrax would make an amazing cosplay! I'm looking forward to seeing this~