PDA

View Full Version : Avatar the last air bender Cosplay: Suki's kyoshi Warrior robe

TheWonderPiggy
06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
hello, This may seem odd seeing how the robe is usually the easy part. But I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the pattern for the robe.

Here's what the outfit looks like: http://screenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/104/028.jpg

The robe seems to got across the front, but then is on the sides at the bottom of the armor... seeing how there isn't an episode where they're not wearing the armor... I don't really know how I should make the robe part...

Any advice?

Narnian
06-30-2010, 05:21 AM
The link is broken. I don't know much about Suki's robe, but the people in this form would.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=58821

invalid101
05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
I know this is a bit late, but if anyone else is searching they might also have a questions.
If you look at the screenshots by episode on iroh.org you can see the robe from all angles. In season two when Azula wears the robes, they show the three girls in the robes without their armour. (I think it's the episode after "The Earth King")
The robes in the show close on the side, like a Chinese cheongsam style dress, but splits open in the front directly in the middle. Since you can't see the bodice under the armour, I made mine like this: (forgive the quick paint job.)

It's wrapped over so the collar still looks right, but I cut the front panel so it had a symmetrical opening in the front.

MythrilDragon
06-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I also did mine the same way as invalid101 did. And actually, mine ended up looking pretty accurate to how the robes look in in the episodes without the armor after I put the belt on. However, the areas where I sewed snaps onto the robe to keep the fold in the proper position are visible when the armor isn't on.

invalid101
07-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I used frogs (the knotted rope closures that are sometimes found on Chinese-style dresses) to close mine, and they're low enough that the armour covers them. If I have the armour off, it looks alright, too.