PDA

View Full Version : Blazblue Rachel Cosplay SHOES?!

kuro_mazu
06-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Okay, so I searched the forums and scowered the tutorial lists...

But I'm at a loss. I really want to cosplay Rachel Alucard from Blazblue, but I have no clue how to go about doing accurate shoes.
I mean, I WOULD LIKE TO DO ACCURATE SHOES, BUT if I must I will just simply go with normal boots.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g197/Amarei/BlazBlue/data03_b-1.jpg
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz308/Shaolin_Cowboy1990/Rachel20full.jpg

So if anyone has any suggestions about those "WTF-Backwards-Heels" on her shoes, please direct me in the right direction! <3

And it would be even better if you could link me to a tutorial for it! <3

totorolover
06-30-2010, 07:32 PM
i think i saw lady gaga wearing shoes like that with the backward heels in some magazine!

perhaps you could find those style shoes with flatter soles and add the backward heel out of wood or something?

lisacox128
06-30-2010, 08:38 PM
it might hard to find

o01101011
06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
I saw a cosplayer do this at this past AZ. Basically they just altered some big ass platforms. Though they had normal (close to accurate except the sole) boots for walking around the con, they only used the character-accurate ones in competition and I believe photoshoot.

She had some serious issues with balance in them, because at that height they are more like stilts then shoes. Except with the added danger of them being attached so you can't just jump off when you lose balance, you have to take the entire fall.

Kitsoru
06-30-2010, 11:43 PM
They're called rockinghorse shoes, and they're big in lolita, or so I hear. Rachel just has a very extreme version of them, and as boots, which is rarer (being a gothic lolita-styled character, so it makes sense..).

If you don't want to buy actual rockinghorse shoes from a lolita shop, you'll have to make do with a substitute like normal platforms. I'd actually recommend this, as I hear they're hard to walk in (as said above).

kuro_mazu
07-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Thanks gaiz! This was really helpful advice!

@Digit WOW that's amazing! I might just do that since I might not want to hurt myself. XD;

@Kitsoru OHO! So they do exist!!! Thank you very much for telling me this! 8D I thought they existed somewhere!