PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Kratos Aurion's Weapon

Daramue
06-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Hello, I've checked the forum around and this seems to be the appropriate place to post this, so here goes:

I'm new at cosplay (Not anime conventions though). I have decided to cosplay at Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia for the gamecube. Essentially I have my costume and I am working on getting a wig, however, I have a major obstacle: I am not sure what to do about Kratos' weapon.

I have given amazon a fair shot but have been unable to find anything that could work. I'm not really sure how to go about getting a weapon, I was basically looking for a base sword that I could paint (With sheath), but I have not had any luck. Can anyone direct me to a website where I could find this sort of thing? Where do most people get their weapons?

Here's a reference picture of Kratos: http://www.tales-central.com/picturegallery/symphoniapictures/images/kratos8.jpg

I would appreciate any help. Thank you all in advance.

rubyredrose
07-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Well, most people in this thread make them from scratch, honestly. My suggestion would be to do that, since you'll want a con safe prop, I'm assuming.

Also, there is a Tales of thread here (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=212462).

Allisande
07-03-2010, 11:42 AM
As for making it, it really depends on how quickly you need it. There's a great tutorial for making swords out of cardboard, wood, and nearly everything else in between. They are all linked in the stickies at the top of the page. I made Lloyd's swords earlier this year out of wood and they worked great, but for Kratos, you might want to consider cardboard or foam or something for the weight issue and the time issue.

KratosAurion28
08-03-2010, 06:28 AM
@Daramue Hello. I´m working on doing Kratos cosplay as well. And have the sword done except the sheath. So I tell you how I did it.

My sword looks like this :Kratos Aurion sword (http://i32.tinypic.com/33llbw9.jpg).

I really want to let you know to not do a heavy weapon, since when you´re gonna pose you will easily get really tired since the weapon is so heavy (happened to a Kratos cosplayer at Uppcon this year I feel really sorry for her, since she was so tired and all, her sword was heavy I could barely lift it my self). I would recommend you to do the sword totally of wood (won´t be heavy to carry around) and easy to pose with. And I used biastape to the handle (blue one) that I just wrapped around the sword´s handle, so that´s easy to find, just buy the right shade of blue. Then I used normal wood colors to paint it. I´m gonna do the sheat of a fake-leather fabric and feast a piece of sheet metal at the end of the sheat. So my sword doesn´t weight almost anything.

Hope it helped.

Garen
08-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I made Lloyd's swords earlier this year out of wood and they worked great, but for Kratos, you might want to consider cardboard or foam or something for the weight issue and the time issue.

This. Even if it doesn't feel too heavy when you pick it up, keep in mind that it'll get heavier the longer you're holding it.

You can do some really neat stuff with cardboard, ductape, and wooden dowels.