PDA

View Full Version : A Totoro Cosplay

Kitana89
07-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure if i'm in the right forum so feel free to move this if necessary. Anyhow, I wanted to showcase a interesting Totoro cosplay I found on the net. Has anyone seen this?
http://i.imgur.com/KyfXL.jpgOH

What are your thoughts and reactions?

Estarose
07-01-2010, 08:15 PM
That looks very photoshopped (though of course I could be wrong). But it's still awesome! I'd love to make a cosplay like that one day ^-^

ANBUwasabi
07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah i agree with Estarose, i dont know about lady with the pink bag, but the cat thang looks photoshopped, although it looks cool

Kitana89
07-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure if it's photoshoped but I'm surprised two people already think it is. I must have a bad eye

ANBUwasabi
07-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure if it's photoshoped but I'm surprised two people already think it is. I must have a bad eye

i just thought, why would someone brang a fabric material into the rain with an umbrella that doesnt cover the entire costume and besides that, whoever was in there must be 7-8ft tall, so they probaly woulndt be able to see properly, and the guy in the white shirt would definately be looking at it, usually people who are out of thier comfort zone tend to look at the abnormalities in they're situation, and a 7ft cat would be abnormal 0.o

btw i likes you're eye colors brown/hazel combo

Kitana89
07-02-2010, 04:30 PM
i just thought, why would someone brang a fabric material into the rain with an umbrella that doesnt cover the entire costume and besides that, whoever was in there must be 7-8ft tall, so they probaly woulndt be able to see properly, and the guy in the white shirt would definately be looking at it, usually people who are out of thier comfort zone tend to look at the abnormalities in they're situation, and a 7ft cat would be abnormal 0.o

btw i likes you're eye colors brown/hazel combo

That does make a lot of sense. I too would be suspicious if I saw Totoro at my bus stop and i'm surprised nobody was looking at him. It is probably photoshopped then. Well it was cleanly done that is for sure and thanks for the compliment on my eyes.

pyrodancer
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't see anything suspicious in that pic. I see Totoro at my bus stop all the time! lolz ^^

Kitana89
07-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't see anything suspicious in that pic. I see Totoro at my bus stop all the time! lolz ^^

Haha really? Honestly? Or are you kidding with us?

pyrodancer
07-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Haha really? Honestly? Or are you kidding with us?

Yup, Totoro is at my bus stop handing out acorns, and the catbus picks us up... lolz no, i was just kiddin XP

nessabutterfly
07-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Actually, if you look at the reflections in the wet road, the Totoro is quite consistant with the rest of them.

As far as the side, that would be an average height person in there (you look out of the mouth). I've seen several really amazing Totoro costumes that look like this-- this is probably one of the ones I've seen before.

As for why they would stand in the rain with an umbrella that doesn't cover them-- this is one of the most famous scenes in the movie. I'd sure be tempted! It's unlikely that it would wreck the costume-- they probably just set it up beside a dehumidifier for a few days and it would be fine. Maybe it needed cleaning anyway and they decided it would be a good time for an AMAZING picture!

As for why no one is staring, they'd probably been standing there a while and people were done oggling the costume. Eventually people get over things. Even really weird things. Would you really stare at it for ten minutes straight? Besides, both the lady with the [ink bag and the lady in brown seem to be studying it.

I's say that's a very real and very awesome pic!

Kitana89
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Actually, if you look at the reflections in the wet road, the Totoro is quite consistant with the rest of them.

As far as the side, that would be an average height person in there (you look out of the mouth). I've seen several really amazing Totoro costumes that look like this-- this is probably one of the ones I've seen before.

As for why they would stand in the rain with an umbrella that doesn't cover them-- this is one of the most famous scenes in the movie. I'd sure be tempted! It's unlikely that it would wreck the costume-- they probably just set it up beside a dehumidifier for a few days and it would be fine. Maybe it needed cleaning anyway and they decided it would be a good time for an AMAZING picture!

As for why no one is staring, they'd probably been standing there a while and people were done oggling the costume. Eventually people get over things. Even really weird things. Would you really stare at it for ten minutes straight? Besides, both the lady with the [ink bag and the lady in brown seem to be studying it.

I's say that's a very real and very awesome pic!

Great analysis! I do hope it's non photoshopped. Recreating such a great Totoro scene is very tempting and would have been exciting for me to see in real life. I bet most people at the bus stop, wondered what kind of character Totoro was since it obviously doesn't look like this was taken in Japan.

jalfredprufrock
07-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Hate to disappoint but this image is shopped something fierce. There are certain things you can pick out. The right-hand corner of the man's umbrella is blurred so it blends better with the image of Totoro. Totoro's umbrella has been blurred for the same effect. Totoro's reflection on the ground is a bit too clear(you can see each tooth) and it is reflecting where the guard post should be blocking it.

Also, when they took the image, opaqued then flipped it horizontally to form the reflection, they forgot to crop the bottom(now the top) so it overlaps at Totoro's feet.

Finally, the reflection goes straight down from Totoro, while the rest of the reflections in the photo are at an angle.

It'd be sweet if this was real, I agree. That movie is awesome, and this picture makes me want to create my own Totoro costume just so I can stand at bus stops in the rain with people.