PDA

View Full Version : Lenne - Final Fantasy X-2 (opinions?)

Ayana
09-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Well, here it is, my Lenne from FFX-2 costume. I want to know what you guys think of how it turned out, because I personally am damn proud of it but want opinions and suggestions from other people too.

http://lenne.purefrost.net/c3lrsh/c3lrsh19.jpg

By the way those aren't the boots I'll actually be wearing with the costume, I haven't gotten my boots yet and I had just grabbed a pair of my mom's to wear that day. More pics are on my site, http://lenne.purefrost.net (it's Lenne v2) or in my gallery. Thanks a lot!

oninomiko
09-20-2003, 11:44 PM
well... Im not exactly sure what the character looks like, but Im pretty sure. I think your arm things should be a bit darker, and your earrings a bit longer... but other than that, *_* you make an awesome Lenne. Perfect face and hair!

Mouse
09-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Just a note, I would have posted a different picture than that one on the board if I were you. You yourself look very nice but the lighting is so funky it's difficult to see the costume. Then again, my vision is #@%$, so ignore me. I just looked on the site.

In the pictures on the site, the colors look pretty good to me. Often when I see people do Lenne they use some absurd bridal-silky-shiny blinding blue fabric, but I like what you've done with it. My only nag here is that your ruffle looks a little too ruffly IMHO. I was messing around with some sheery white fabric last week trying to see if I could pull off a popstar Lenne gig and I realized how difficult it would probably be to get it to ruffle exactly like that. It's not really just one layer, but it's not too thick either.. hmm. I think it depends a lot of personal preference as well.

On another note, I've noticed that in most of the drawn art Lenne's arm thingies look a shade lighter and maybe even differently colored when compared to her shirt, but in most of the CG pictures they look the same color as her shirt. Go figure. Even if they didn't dye as dark as you'd wanted them to be, you've got an excuse ^_~ and they still look nice.

The skirt and side of the shirt - I wish these pictures were lighter! ^o^ From what I can see they look good though.

Ayana
09-21-2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the opinions, you guys! If I had some more good pics I'd post them, here's one kinda from the side that's pretty good.

http://lenne.purefrost.net/c3lrsh/c3lrsh21.jpg

Yeah, I chose to do big poofy ruffles because so many people do little ruffles and they really are pretty big in the pics. For the sleeves I dyed the fabric I used for the ruffles blue, I wanted them a little darker but they still look really nice I think. The hair beads (they're not earrings) are actually the right length, but they appear to change length depending on how I have them in my hair and they kinda get hidden in the ruffles a bit. But thanks for your opinions ^_^

katrinastrife
09-21-2003, 10:46 AM
It looks pretty good. But, you should try to pose for one pic stright on, so we can get a clear look at the front of the costume! You keep hiding it from us!

You have a great advantage in that you naturally have the perfect hair for the costume! From what I can see, the skirt looks about right. Personally, I like the bigger ruffle, it looks nice, and it' better than not enough ruffle.

Anyway, post another pic, where we can see the front clearly, and we might be able to give you some better advice ^_~

Ayana
09-21-2003, 01:37 PM
http://lenne.purefrost.net/lenneremake4.jpg

Ok, that pic is before I had the belt and armbands done, but it's the best front shot I've got of the costume ^_^ Sorry it's dark, I took it outside at night.

katrinastrife
09-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Whee! that's better. Wow, I really like the material you used for the left side. It looks great, from what I can see! ^_^

Chanté
09-21-2003, 07:13 PM
That's beautiful!! I love the fabric you used for the ruffles! Are the boots authentic? *Doesn't remember what Lenne's look like*

Arisa
09-21-2003, 07:48 PM
I think the sleeves should be darker, and... this is just a personal pet peeve, don't take it too seriously if you don't want to, but... it drives me nuts when people make the sideskirt white. **frowns** It's a sort of grayish blue, not white... but it could just be poor lighting, and maybe it is the right colour... I dunno. And I do think the ruffles are a tad too big. ^^; But I LOVE your lace skirt! <3 You did a good job on it!

Cait
09-22-2003, 12:50 AM
The skirt seems to not be laying flat.. perhaps baste the pleats together some? Also, the pleats seem a bit larger than Lenne's.

Note: Have you thought about her make up? I.E. the darker skin (daker foundation) and the light lipstick?

Tenjou
09-22-2003, 07:24 PM
First off: You need an overall nice job. It suits you well. ^_^ Now off to the nitpicking XD

These are just some little things I noticed:
Armribbons~ In the pictures you posted, they look like just one stripe on either side. There should be one stripe, then two X-like shapes following under it on either side.

Armbands~ The color you used is very pretty, but I could've sworn it's a more darker purple-ish blue hue.

Sideskirt~ This one is tricky, since the color of the sideskirt is supposed to match the color of the ruffles, but in many pictures it looks like a grey teal color. I think it's fine if it's white, since in other shots it also looks white.

Beads~ The colors look a little off to me. It seems like you used pink, yellow, white, and blue. They should be pink, white, and yellow. I have also heard that there are light green beads on them as well.

Makeup~ I partly agree with Cait on this one. It would be nice if you could put on a light pink lipstick/lipgloss like Lenne has and perhaps a light eyeshadow as well. Lenne doesn't look exactly tan to me, more like "sunkissed". ^^

The shirt looks lovely (love the ruffles! ^_^) and you did a good job. I hope I helped a little with my criticisim!

Yuna
09-22-2003, 08:09 PM
where's her blue belt?

Tenjou
09-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Yuna~ It's in the second picture Ayana posted.

Ayana~ By the way, I think your skirt looks beautiful. My skirt came out horrible, because I thought it wasn't pleated and I just put some lace at the ends of my skirt >>;;; but anyway, feel free to ask for more advice! ^_^

Vialoi Ketsueke
09-24-2003, 10:33 AM
I think the sleeves should be darker, and... this is just a personal pet peeve, don't take it too seriously if you don't want to, but... it drives me nuts when people make the sideskirt white. **frowns** It's a sort of grayish blue, not white... but it could just be poor lighting, and maybe it is the right colour... I dunno. And I do think the ruffles are a tad too big. ^^; But I LOVE your lace skirt! <3 You did a good job on it!

Grayish blue? You know that might be the shadowing that the artists used during the production. If they used pure white then it would flatten out the image. ..It also depends on the lighting in the surrounding area.

..If there is a blue lighting, then the fabric would appear grayish blue, when it is really white. If the lighting was red, the white fabric would appear pink.

People who are trained in painting/coloring would never use pure white to color a fabric. That is a big no,no.

Ayana
09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
The train does have a bit of a gradient to it, and I didn't realize this until after I had sewn it all together. I'm planning on doing it after Anime Reactor so if I destroy it accidently I don't have to worry about having it entirely redone in a hurry. I meant to dye the armwarmers darker, but it was the first time I'd ever dyed anything, so yeah...didn't turn out precisely as I wanted but I still like it. The armbands are (so far as I know, and this is how I'm doing them because this is how they look on my Lenne keychain) are crisscrossed ribbons, that's what mine look like when they're behaving. My beads are blue yellow and pink, I couldn't find any green beads that weren't darkgreen or sparkly so I substituted blue instead. I didn't pleat the skirt because honestly, I've never done anything with pleats before and have no idea how to go about it, so I just fell back on ruffling the top of the lace slightly, it still gives the same effect. Makeup-wise and such, Lenne's actually pretty paleskinned (only in the original render picture is she tan), which works because I'm really pale, I just haven't gotten around to buying the makeup yet (I normally don't wear makeup and usually wear none or just a little lipgloss). Or the boots x.x I'll try to get that done this weekend if possible...But thanks everyone for your criticism and advice!! I really appreciate it ^_^

Sorahana
09-29-2003, 08:47 PM
I like it! It's nice!! Keep up the good work!! ^_^

*Jibrielle*
10-11-2003, 10:25 AM
I like it!!!! It looks really good ^__^