PDA

View Full Version : RG Veda

BayushiKachiko
09-21-2003, 02:52 AM
Hi hi...

I was just wondering how many people might recognize a cosplay of Ashura (the younger one) in the Golden armor. Or possibly a Kendappa-Ou, both manga style.

Also, any suggestions on Ashura's armor? I've read lots of the armor tutorials, but I'm not how I would go about making those really wacky-pointy pauldrons on said armor, since they're angled so far up.

scandia
09-21-2003, 03:07 AM
RG Veda manga was just licensed, so it may be easier than before. And I have seen pictures of a few Ashuras and Kendappas from these past two years at cons.

However, I was not recognized as Kendappa at all the two times I dressed up as her. Someone thought I was Belldandy at ACC Expo.

People not recognizing you should not keep you from cosplaying the characters you like, though.

BayushiKachiko
09-21-2003, 03:11 AM
Yeah, I actually prefer to cosplay more obscure characters. ^_^

I've wanted to do an Ashura for a while...I think I just may!

BTW, I love the Kendappa outfit! And where in FL are ya? If you're near Orlando, will you be going to the Jaco Halloween Party?

Hikaruchan
09-21-2003, 03:14 AM
I've wanted to do the artbook cover armor for Ashura - but so far just had to content myself by doing adult Ashura.

I think Kendappa-Ou with her harp would be more recognizable then armored Ashura.

BayushiKachiko
09-21-2003, 03:19 AM
Yeah....but the armor would make me look way more bad-ass, LOL ^_~

scandia
09-21-2003, 07:55 AM
I will be going to the JACO Halloween party most likely. There is a convention in my city that weekend (that should give it away- I dunno who may be reading this), but my friends are going to the JACO event, so I will join them.

Thank you for the compliment. It was my second costume ever!!!!!