PDA

View Full Version : Anime Parliament

Silence Glaive
09-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Imagine, becoming your favorite character, standing before other members of the anime universe, and telling them what you want changed. Sounds simple enough, right? WRONG!

Welcome to the Anime Parliament! A place where you, as your chosen character, can come forward to clear your name, get justice or argue that you should be admitted into another anime universe. Bring along witnesses to counter defenses and increase your chances of swaying the vote.

Having now branched out to multiple conventions, the rules have to evolve as well. Characters AND otaku alike can come forward and raise issues. The moderators will guide the proceedings, leaving the audience to cast the actual vote. You can speak out against another character, your universe, or even the universe of others.

For example, the anime universe as a whole was turned on it’s ear last year at Shoujocon when Faye Valentine brought forward the issue to have female characters get wardrobes that cover more than 1/20th of their bodies. And this year, Sango came forward to finally get the restraining order against Miroku she’s always dreamed of.

In a court where anything goes, what can you expect? Will Tira and Chocolate Misu finally duke it out for Carrot’s hand in marriage? Will YOU be the deciding vote that puts Chibiusa on death row? Heck, our moderators can even perform wedding ceremonies (Not binding in this universe, of course).

Come to us with an issue, and our two moderators will guide you through the process of presentation, dispute, proposal and the vote. Welcome to the next generation of LARP!

I would like to use this topic to answer any questions anyone might have as to what goes on at this event, and also accept possible issues and cases you'd like to bring up. We have a few great things on the lineup, and quite possibly some surprises from a couple of the guests at AnimeNEXT.

neoangelwink
09-21-2003, 10:01 PM
neat ^_^ this sound fun is this like larp?

Ginnychan
09-21-2003, 10:13 PM
The parliament is going to rock.

All Trigun and Bebop fans should attend for a special treat.

Silence Glaive
09-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Neoangelwink: It bears a slight resemblence to a LARP, without any beginning story, plot or characters. The attendees bring forth cases against others, or an anime universe as a whole. You role-play your character when you bring up a case, or argue against one.

Ginnychan: Yes, a special treat indeed!

neoangelwink
09-21-2003, 11:55 PM
^_^ i will hsve to check it out.

Chun Li
09-22-2003, 08:03 AM
God i`m sooo in!

Silence Glaive
09-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Chun Li: If you'd like to bring up a case, please feel free to drop me a PM or E-Mail so I can put your case on the docket.

number18
09-22-2003, 11:10 PM
lol...I'd like to go just to settle once and for all that I (being Number 18) am not an android and never was wished human by the eternal dragon. But I don't think that'd be interesting...and heaven forbid I get ruled against or something!

Silence Glaive
09-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Number18: As far as interest is concerned, if you put together a solid enough case, you should be just fine. Create an angle for your case, if you're worried about it being uninteresting, make it interesting. Ask some fellow DBZ fans how THEY would go about it. Also, do yourself a favor, and try to relate your situation to another universe. This can also spark additional debate.

Silence Glaive
09-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Okay, after the final meeting today, the exact plans for the event have been finalized:

The Parliament will be held at 4PM in the John Halstead room of the RTH, I'm not sure what panel number room it is, but it will be on your programs.

Your moderator will be Clari, from Violinist of Hamelin. The mascot, Shinka, will be acting as bailiff.

So far we have 9 confirmed cases, but feel free to bring more up at the event itself, it's open for everyone!