PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy @ Y-con

zell_dincht
09-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Just wondered if there will be an FF cosplayers at Y-con... I'm going as Zell! ^_^

Psychotic Jei
09-21-2003, 04:33 PM
I might bring my Irvine costume. Still trying to decide how Im getting up there and other issues.

SohjiroX
09-24-2003, 06:47 PM
if my cuz loans me his KH squall like i asked, i'll be doing him for an hour i think.

SilverFox
09-27-2003, 02:18 AM
And I'll be going as Laguna, but you already knew that one, "Zell". ^_^

ZiggyB
09-27-2003, 03:02 AM
I can wear my Squall costume if you need me. I'm surprised no one hasn't said anything yet. :)

SilverFox
09-27-2003, 03:15 AM
I can wear my Squall costume if you need me. I'm surprised no one hasn't said anything yet. :)

YES PLEASE! :D

Please do bring your Squall costume! *beams*

"Zell" and I were thinking of getting a FFVIII group together at Y-con if possible, so it would be absolutely rockin' if you'd cosplay as Squall for a bit!

BTW... I saw you at JTAF... GREAT JOB on Zack's costume! :rockon:

ZiggyB
09-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Sure, I'll be there then. :)

I'm probably only attending Saturday, so sometime that day?

Oh thanks so much. :> Were you dressed from Hyper Police at JTAF?

SohjiroX
09-27-2003, 08:12 PM
eh if if you need actual people from the FF games than i'll back out on this, makes it easier for me to bring fewer stuff with me to the con.

SilverFox
09-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Doesn't mean it wouldn't be hella cool if we had you in your KH outfit... ^^;;;

The idea was Final Fantasy in general actually... But yeah... I don't want to trouble you too much... ^^;;;

But you'd sure be appreciated! :D

SilverFox
09-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Sure, I'll be there then. :)

I'm probably only attending Saturday, so sometime that day?

Oh thanks so much. :> Were you dressed from Hyper Police at JTAF?

Actually, no. ^_^

I was running around as Rikku from Final Fantasy X on Saturday and was at the dance also as Rikku.

My costume wasn't completed at the time, and I didn't use a wig -- I just braided and put up my own hair since it was the right length and such... hehehe

ZiggyB
09-28-2003, 01:09 AM
SilverFox: Ooops, my bad. :|

I'll see you at Yaoi Con. :)

SilverFox
09-28-2003, 01:13 AM
S'Okies! ^_^

Hard to recognize people sometimes when they're all dressed up and stuff, y'know?

aonceu
10-03-2003, 05:36 PM
I was going to go as Zell but i dont want to cut my hair right now. Maybe next year.

Shonen_Star
10-07-2003, 02:26 AM
I'll be squall and my friend kim will be seifer.
And my buddy kenny will be quistis!
oooo, this is gonna be crazay!

Ashe
10-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Count another Squall in here. ^_~

Anyone doing anything for masq?

zell_dincht
10-13-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm definitely doing Zell ^_^

And I'm going to be at the Bishy Auction, but not as Zell... ^_^ Should I change my mind?

katnap007
10-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Hey you guys ~ I'll be arriving around late afternoon Saturday ~ could you guys make another FF photoshoot around 6 ish? Meet in the main area? :hope hope:

bi boy
10-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Hmm I may just have to go as Irvine next year ...

Or Seipher, heh.

Cos Seipher is a heinous bastard, and I love being a heinous bastard.

Like glaring at people as Kamui. But dammit it just looked cute from what I'm told! hehe

bi boy
10-23-2003, 06:20 PM
And I'll be going as Laguna, but you already knew that one, "Zell". ^_^

You look like Yuna in your avatar.

katnap007
10-24-2003, 12:31 AM
Yesss make a Seifer costume! ^_^
I was disappointed about the number of Seifers vs Squalls at Yaoicon.
Trying to look evil is very hard! Lionel told me that I looked too 'cute' as Seifer ~ I'll have to work on my mean face some more. T_T

RaineSquall
06-17-2004, 01:37 AM
yep and another Squall, that is if i can find a resaonable airfare to fly out there. it sucks bein in the midwest! but yea, hopefully i will get to go!

Yunalesca
06-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Sounds like half the place will be squalls.

Not that I mind, most of the squalls last year were nice eye-candy.

I'm going to be Zack, Seph, and Turk Vincent if I can find my tie.

Seig Warheit
07-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Hmmm... I could go, but would that make ppl think I like Yaoi? Hmm.... I'll have to think about it... If I do go, I'd be Cloud.....

Scratch that! I'm going! For certain reasons brought to my attention, I'm definately going.

PikminLink
08-17-2004, 01:35 AM
ill go as squall, and this being my FIRST yaoi con.......this should be interesting XD

Eurobeat King
08-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Katnap: Are you and Shonen-Star returning to Yaoi-con this year? It was fun hanging with you two last year, and I'll be sure to take more pics of your Seifer costume. I'll help you look really menacing in some pics! ;)

SelphieTilmitt
08-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Ooh... I want to go as Vincent for Yaoi con... if not hmm... I will have to ponder what to do for it. xD

SohjiroX
08-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Ill be bringing Reno to this, I just hope I am not the only Turk.

liddo-chan
08-30-2004, 05:49 PM
If there's going to be a FF gathering, then maybe I'll finish and bring my Rinoa... I'd been thinking that I'd just wear the duster as normal clothing and ditch the rest of the costume. oh well. This'll be good motivation for me. :)

SohjiroX
09-21-2004, 04:29 PM
ill go as squall, and this being my FIRST yaoi con.......this should be interesting XD

Cool, your going to make it to Ycon finally. I hope to get some pics with you!!

But I'll be going as Reno so I wont have anything from 8..... :blubber:

But in anycase yes I'm confirmed as AC Reno and regular Reno from FINAL FANTASY 7

kujaeidolon
09-22-2004, 11:39 AM
I'll be going as Rufus...

SohjiroX
09-22-2004, 09:02 PM
wait.............BOSS!?!?!?!?!?!?!? *falls over*

zell_dincht
10-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Hmm... FFVIII cosplay... I'm gonna try and organize another one of these. Last years failed, but this year's won't.

Who's up for this? I can be either Zell or Seifer, depending on how I feel like... We all must do yaoi-ish poses and stuff. And if I'm lucky, I can probably do Irvine as well and be a pimp. :D

I'll make a list as soon as I get enough people to do this with me. Preferably, more than 10 people! ^_^

SelphieTilmitt
10-04-2004, 04:45 PM
I'll be Squally! but I dunno any other guys to make to bring!! Helphelp!! Gimme idea's :X~!

Psychotic Jei
10-07-2004, 01:50 AM
I will bring mah Irvy costume. La

liddo-chan
10-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Hmm... FFVIII cosplay... I'm gonna try and organize another one of these. Last years failed, but this year's won't.

Who's up for this? I can be either Zell or Seifer, depending on how I feel like... We all must do yaoi-ish poses and stuff. And if I'm lucky, I can probably do Irvine as well and be a pimp. :D

I'll make a list as soon as I get enough people to do this with me. Preferably, more than 10 people! ^_^

I thought this *was* the list... ;) But if you could set a time and meeting place and post it on the Gatherings list, that would be great:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=42154

Sat. seems like the best day for those who have responded so far, and I think katnap007 suggested Sat. at 6PM. Earlier might be better, though, for taking photos. Maybe 4 or 5PM?

My Rinoa is ready to go...

Psychotic Jei
10-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I'd like Friday myself. But thats just me. ^^;

zell_dincht
10-08-2004, 01:05 AM
Hmm... I don't see a problem with Saturday so I've scheduled it for that day. Anyone have any objections to this? At this point, I just need to know what time people want to get together. Oh, and it won't be just a FFVIII gathering. It'll be a general FF gathering, too. So if you have a FFVII or FFX or whatever character, please join us! ^_^

Cicatrice
10-08-2004, 04:23 PM
I'll be going as Cloud ^__^

Psychotic Jei
10-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Well. I have a Yugioh gathering at 4pm on Saturday. I was planning on wearing Irvine on the way up to the con. So..

zell_dincht
10-13-2004, 03:39 PM
I just realized that we can't have the FF Gathering on Saturday because I'm going to be in the Bishounen Auction as Shindou Shuuichi (Gravitation).

Does anyone have a problem with Friday? I think that this is the only other day that people may find convenient. If not, let me know. Thanks! ^_^

liddo-chan
10-13-2004, 05:20 PM
I won't be there Friday. I think a lot of people aren't showing up until Sat., or only for Sat.

I don't mind not bringing Rinoa to the con, though, so if you can get enough people to do Friday, I won't be *too* sad ;)

zell_dincht
10-13-2004, 11:35 PM
I won't be there Friday. I think a lot of people aren't showing up until Sat., or only for Sat.

I don't mind not bringing Rinoa to the con, though, so if you can get enough people to do Friday, I won't be *too* sad ;)
I don't have a problem with Sunday, either. I would like to grab as many people as possible so if Sunday is a good day, please let me know...

People, please let me know what you think...

Anele
10-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Damn... I wish I could attend. That's what you get for having parents that dislike your hobby. @_@ I gotta move up to Nor Cal, lol. XD I was THIS close to getting my plane ticket, THIS close (like about-to-hit-the-"send"/"pay"-button close)... -_- Take lots of photos!

Psychotic Jei
10-14-2004, 11:50 PM
I likes the Friday because I was gonna wear Irvine up to the con.

PikminLink
10-15-2004, 01:06 AM
im going to yaoi con on saturday only..and there will be more people there on sat..

zell_dincht
10-15-2004, 10:50 PM
So....

How does Sunday at noon sound, guys?

SelphieTilmitt
10-16-2004, 01:51 AM
I honestly think Saturday is the best day. Seems like the most people are going to be there then and the group can be bigger. There can also be two groups. A big one on Sat. and a smaller one on Sun. >< I think that sounds best. I won't be able to do it on Sunday, but I'll def. do it on Sat.

liddo-chan
10-16-2004, 11:34 AM
I honestly think Saturday is the best day. Seems like the most people are going to be there then and the group can be bigger. There can also be two groups. A big one on Sat. and a smaller one on Sun. >< I think that sounds best. I won't be able to do it on Sunday, but I'll def. do it on Sat.

Having a separate mini gathering on Fri or Sun seems like a good idea. The turnout for Sat. is going to be much bigger since it's the only full day. It's the only day I'd be able to cosplay Rinoa. (I'll be there on Sunday, covered in white makeup for my Death (from Sandman) costume.) But if the gathering ends up being Sun., I'll come by and take photos for you guys.

PikminLink
10-16-2004, 02:32 PM
since most of us will be there on sat, we should do it then, and saturdays is always the bigger day with the most attendees at a con. ill be there with my squall.

liddo-chan: we can take more pics ^__^

zell_dincht
10-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Saturday it is, then.

Alrighty. Unfortunately, I'm not showing up... to the gathering that is...

Have fun.

sharasun
10-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Poor Zell!! That kinda sucks, though I can't wait to see you as Shuichi!!

I'll be bringing two FF costumes, though neither are yaoi, I'm bring Selphie from VIII and Lenne from x-2. I deffinitely want to make the gathering (s?) though, but not sure which costume I should wear for it. Any preference between Lenne and Selphie?

Saturday might be the only "full" day, but sunday tends to last fairly long, I think closing ceremonies are something like 5pm or something, at least last year they were. I think we'd still get a lot of people on Sunday, but whatever.

I can't wait!

SelphieTilmitt
10-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Sharasun: Hurray for Selphie!!

I wanna bring my Selphie costume, but meh. >< Purpley haired Selphie could work too huh??! lol, but yes. I will bring Squally to the gathering. Oh yes. Saturday and Sunday could work for people that wanna do both gatherings. I'll only go to Saturday one cause I'm gona wear my Halloween costume. lol. I WANTED TO BE A FAIRY PRINCESS :(. >< Anywayyy...

HURRAY! in like 10 minutes I turn 18 and that means yaoii-connnn age >:D!

liddo-chan
10-18-2004, 03:06 AM
liddo-chan: we can take more pics ^__^

yeah, I'll watch the ballroom scene and get some ideas for poses this time :)

and Zell, you should have a Friday or Sunday gathering as well. I'm sure there are people who'd be up for it.

LotsatiArma
10-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Id go to both meetings sat and sunday as Auron. My only costume in the first place.. Give me the place and time for both days. By the way- im not 18 but I look older.. Do they check IDs or for any paper evidence that youre 18+?

sharasun
10-18-2004, 10:12 AM
By the way- im not 18 but I look older.. Do they check IDs or for any paper evidence that youre 18+?

They do check IDs, though i dont know how often or anything, I know they check them at reg for the con, and if I remember, they alwase checked at the door of video rooms that were going to be showing expecit (sp) yaoi or hentai, other than that, i think they just checked for badges, but I could alwase be wrong and it's alwase possible they changed it this year. Though if you're underage, I wouldn't encourage trying to sneak in because you look older or whatever. I do believe everyone needs to go to yaoi-con at least once in their life, but it's easier and safer to just wait ill you're 18. I don't think there's anything wrong with just going to a couple gatherings though, if that's what you want to do. I think that would probably be okay, but again, don't take my word for it, as I'm not official staff or anything like that.

PikminLink
10-21-2004, 01:45 AM
so is there a time and place we have to meet on saturday?

and for any of you interested we will be doing free photoshoots, so if you have costume you need pics of, this would be a great opportunity
please visit our con site for more info.

sharasun
10-27-2004, 03:44 PM
yeah, I'll watch the ballroom scene and get some ideas for poses this time :)

and Zell, you should have a Friday or Sunday gathering as well. I'm sure there are people who'd be up for it.

Friday would work the best for me. I'm volunteering for quite a bit of hours so I'm busy all day Saturday with that and with the cosplay comp, and Sunday until 2.

Sat, 10:00-15:00 (10a-3p)
Sat, 17:00-18:00 (5p-6p)
Sun, 10:00-14:00 (10a-2p)

We should deffinitely have a mini gathering on Friday, because that way the rest of us can get our FF on too.

Also my friend is curious if there is a time set for the Sat gathering yet? She wants to go as Auron and is bringing a Lulu with her.

Almost time!

liddo-chan
10-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Ok, we really need to pick a time and place. I'm suggesting 4PM... at either the Bridge

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218553

or Path

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218552

please voice your opinions by tomorrow morning, and I'll post on the main gatherings list.

sharasun
10-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Ok, we really need to pick a time and place. I'm suggesting 4PM... at either the Bridge

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218553

or Path

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218552

please voice your opinions by tomorrow morning, and I'll post on the main gatherings list.

My friend says she likes the bridge better.

liddo-chan
10-28-2004, 12:54 PM
alright, the FF gathering on Sat. will be at 4PM, at the bridge.

If anyone else wants to set up a second FF gathering either on Fri. or Sun., you have until midnight tonight (Thu.) to ask Al to update the main gatherings thread: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=42154&page=1&pp=15

You will also find descriptions of the bridge and how to get to it on the gatherings thread. Hope to see lots of you this weekend!