PDA

View Full Version : Small-breasted Yokos - Opinions?

korokuXneo
07-09-2010, 02:56 PM
In the next few years, I was planning on cosplaying as Yoko from Gurren Lagann. I know that this cosplay is fairly common, but I wanted to anyway.
Issue-
My breasts are not exactly Yoko-sized. I have a muscular build. I am 5'0" and a size 5 or 6 in pants. I have plenty of butt, but no boobs. I'm sitting somewhere between an A and a B.

Yoko is obviously NOT an A or a B. I've seen some smaller-breasted Yokos on cosplay.com, but all of the cosplays of her that I have seen in person appear to boast D cups... sometimes larger. =/

I want to know whether or not people really care about the size of a Yoko's breasts. Hah. They will be fully covered by her bikini top. I'm not really up to doing something that will make them pop out everywhere. =/ I'd rather be a little more modest than that. :p

jounink
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I cosplay characters that have WAYYYY more boobage than me and don't feel out of place. If you really want to you can add moderate padding/ removable cups to enhance your breast shape or cup size. I wouldn't go from an A/B cup to a D cup, but I would consider going from an A/B to a fuller B. Pushup jell Bra's work well too!

ThakYuki
07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Coming from a female point of view, I prefer smaller-breasted Yokos as I'm not afraid their boobs are going to burst out of the not-very-supportive bikini top. I prefer the top to actually cover what its supposed to cover.

Honestly, I wish I was back to a B rather than having a set of Ds.

Lexandra
07-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Daaamn, girl. you shouldn't worry about that kind of things. No one's going to judge for that matter. NO ONE can have an anime-like body unless they have FAKE breasts and I dont see how that would even be comfortable. Don't stress on that subject. Be happy with your body and screw the haters; you're cosplaying and enjoying your time, its all you really need , right?

Zemy-Chan
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Coming from a female point of view, I prefer smaller-breasted Yokos as I'm not afraid their boobs are going to burst out of the not-very-supportive bikini top. I prefer the top to actually cover what its supposed to cover..

Seconded. Big-breasted Yoko's scare me sometimes. The tops are just so small... But yeah, you should cosplay her! I know someone who's about to cosplay here and has small breasts. It's perfectly fine. :3

Screamii
07-11-2010, 01:31 AM
A small breasted Yoko is not a Yoko at all.

Lycorisa
07-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Don't worry about it ^^ as long as the costume looks great you're good to go ^^.

TheMissingLink
07-11-2010, 02:42 AM
well if your cosplay is nice and accurate it doesn't really matter. Big breast is just a plus not something thats going to make or break your cosplay :) just make sure those shorts hug nice and you'll have no problem ^^

LoyanteKittay(3
07-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah dont worry. I've seen pics of small yokos . Can't wait to see your Angel Taka at AZ14!

korokuXneo
07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Daaamn, girl. you shouldn't worry about that kind of things. No one's going to judge for that matter. NO ONE can have an anime-like body unless they have FAKE breasts and I dont see how that would even be comfortable. Don't stress on that subject. Be happy with your body and screw the haters; you're cosplaying and enjoying your time, its all you really need , right?

Haha, thanks. I totally agree with that. A lot of anime chicks are totally disproportional. :p I just wish some people weren't so judgemental about boobies. D:

RyuichiTora
07-18-2010, 05:31 AM
There will probably be people that comment on it negatively, but in my opinion, just do what you want! Cosplay is about having fun so if you really want to be Yoko, by golly, be Yoko!

Estarose
07-18-2010, 12:19 PM
It's fine! Yoko's body is so totally unrealistic anyways. If you do want to make them appear larger you could wear extra padding or a nice push up bikini/bra. I have one that works wonders on small breasts ^-^;; Makes something out of nothing xD

Shigatsu
07-18-2010, 07:26 PM
A small breasted Yoko is not a Yoko at all.
I think you are totally wrong and putting down a lot of people, because no one has as big boobs as yokos without implants, or being a bit puggy around the waste. Only like 1 out of 1000 would be lucky to have a yoko body, or close to it. Yoko has a rocken' body but she is an anime character non the less. As long as you are fairly in shape you are all good! and looking at your cosplays you look fine :3
dont worrie about it, just add a little padding :] if you dont want any padding then no need, but make sure the top fits fairly well. and dont make the shorts too big, longist just under your butt. longer then that they look funny.
I dont have large brest, but was gifted with a small ribcage and small waste, soo kinda makes me look more yoko like xD! I some times wish I had bigger boobs , but I hear from so many people that small ( about B 24 ) is the best way to be. So good luck with your cosplay, and cosplay is about having fun and being happy and cofterable in what ever you are waring. :D

theeribird
07-20-2010, 03:02 AM
*Ahem* so secret time... lol. Yes I feel a bit on the smaller side as well but I love my Yoko costume. Anyway... *whispers* I am a C cup but just to give me a little umph I bought a pair of silicone adhesive bikini doo-dads off of ebay. This is what I ended up buying...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STICK-Silicone-Bikini-Bra-Inserts-Push-Swimming-BKA-/390218059243?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Womens_Clothing_2&hash=item5adacf0deb

I really feel like they filled me out a bit more and I was worried that people would call me a flat chested yoko especially since I opted to make the bikini cover more area. My bikini actually doesn't show much of my boobs at all now that I think about it ^^;. But you know what, I love my costume and if anyone thinks my chest isn't big enough for the costume, F them, they're girlie bits/manly bits probably arn't perfect either. I still think I look great in the costume anyway! You should feel the same. Opt for bikini enhancers if YOU want to look bigger in the costume and if it makes YOU feel comfortable.

AniDragon
07-20-2010, 06:01 PM
There was a Yoko at my local con who had smaller breasts, but she made one hot Yoko. I agree with those who say that as long as you're in shape, you can pull it off.

Shigatsu
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=theeribird;3554619]*Ahem* so secret time... lol. Yes I feel a bit on the smaller side as well but I love my Yoko costume. Anyway... *whispers* I am a C cup but just to give me a little umph I bought a pair of silicone adhesive bikini doo-dads off of ebay. This is what I ended up buying...

[QUOTE]

You are deffinitly not small! I dont think you would have even needed the silicone part but what ever you think is the best for your cosutme, I just dont have underboob find it makes then a bit bigger xD hahah
and agreed that small boob yokos can make yoko look hot too!

Missha
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I want to know whether or not people really care about the size of a Yoko's breasts. Hah. They will be fully covered by her bikini top. I'm not really up to doing something that will make them pop out everywhere. =/ I'd rather be a little more modest than that. :p

If you want to cosplay as Yoko, do it! :D
Honestly, I don't think it's fair for anyone to pick at you if your "small/flat chested."
It's not fair, and girls can't just help their bust size (unless they have a ton of cashola for implants lol!) if it could be helped, I'd so not be as small as I am in a heartbeat! xDDD

But yeah, go for it! You'll pull her off well!

Eau de Decus
01-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I want to know whether or not people really care about the size of a Yoko's breasts. The short answer is no. At least, in my opinion I don't care. Cosplay her and enjoy.

A small breasted Yoko is not a Yoko at all. That's probably because you care about things that don't matter. :rolleyes:

Celia Rose
01-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm not exactly tiny (sometimes-B-sometimes-C cup), but with my Yoko top, it makes my boobs look really puny. xD I wouldn't worry a ton about it, though.
If you really want to add some "oomph" to your top, you could try padding. I'm currently looking to pad my top without making it look awkward. "Orz

MeiChama
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I think they can pull off Yoko just as well as the big breasted Yoko's. Heck, my cosplay idol cosplayed Yoko one year, and she has a small chest and she still managed to pull Yoko off. Quite well I may add.

DaemonForce
01-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Seeing as how I'm a guy and I have it permanently engrained in me that the American B-C cup is normal on a girl, why worry? Most of the Yoko cosplayers I saw at AX last year looked okay and the size of those chesthams is usually the last thing on my mind unless they're unsupportable mammoth mammaries that bounce with every step. I've seen a few that have this quality but they don't have the cute face and that's disappointing.

Honestly just shut up and stop worrying. Your Yoko will look no different than most of the ones I've seen. If your Kos-Mos is any indication, you have an enviable shape. Not quite for Yoko but for several very difficult costumes that often require some elaborate series of workarounds for obnoxiously giant cleavage. Yoko is such a popular cosplay these days that I'm starting to think the bikini costume is a really lazy alternative to the cheap L cosplayers that want to show off more skin. I'm just glad I don't see any in the Winter.

Lightane
01-19-2011, 09:08 PM
^I don't think Yoko is a lazy cosplay at all. By using your same logic Hastune Miku is a lazy cosplay because she is so popular, so is Naruto, or Ichigo. Popular + cosplayed a lot doesn't = lazy cosplay.

Anyways, boobage while cosplaying a Yoko or any other character doesn't matter at all. If someone thinks that it matters then they obviously think they are the breast size police. (And as far as I'm concerned they can suck it~~).

I'm also about to cosplay Yoko and I'm only a B cup, and I still feel confident in my costume. The way I see it is, I'm not cosplaying as her boobs I'm cosplaying as her. So therefor it doesn't matter ^^

DaemonForce
01-20-2011, 06:26 AM
^I don't think Yoko is a lazy cosplay at all. By using your same logic Hastune Miku is a lazy cosplay because she is so popular, so is Naruto, or Ichigo.
That's because you didn't read. I wasn't grouping lazy by character but by costume. Ichigo and Naruto aren't even comparable(since swimwear is different by gender) and furthermore have yet to exist with recognizable swimwear. Okay to be fair yes, Miku's bikini is also a lazy cosplay. RAwR! :p

x-Steffi-x
01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
If you want to cosplay Yoko, do it, nobody is stopping you. If someone goes out of their way to comment on your breast size in a negative way, simply reply back with:

"Well are YOU willing to pay thousands for breast implants for me so I can satisfy your boobage tastes?"

That'll shut them up :)

Besides, seeing a smaller breasted Yoko will make it YOUR OWN in a way which is different and not exactly the same as any other Yoko cosplayer. It'll be original without it being too inaccurate. It can easily be compared to a plus size cosplayer dressing as a skinny character or a black person cosplaying a white character, as long as the costume's good, who care's what race/weight/height/size the person is? In my book their accurate AND original, people who think otherwise are closed minded or racist people (regarding race), who probably have never cosplayed in their life or just a complete ass that nobody likes.

sam vimes
01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
This thread makes me want to be ManYoko.

I have the legs for it, at least.

DaemonForce
01-20-2011, 04:34 PM
If someone goes out of their way to comment on your breast size in a negative way, simply reply back with:

"Well are YOU willing to pay thousands for breast implants for me so I can satisfy your boobage tastes?"

That'll shut them up :)
You've obviously never been favored by a rich/crazy man because you're not expecting a yes. It's easier to just acknowledge such an outspoken idiot like they don't matter(unless you really are looking for that kind of help). :/
This thread makes me want to be ManYoko.

I have the legs for it, at least.
Last year's ManYoko was pretty good. That was a trap that is still talked about within my circle of LA friends. x_X

x-Steffi-x
01-20-2011, 05:09 PM
You've obviously never been favored by a rich/crazy man because you're not expecting a yes. It's easier to just acknowledge such an outspoken idiot like they don't matter(unless you really are looking for that kind of help). :/

Um, noo, I meant my comment as a joke. Not to be taken literally. I have no ahem, "talent" there either and I certainly wouldn't want some random crazy rich man to pay to have some as I'm happy with my figure. It's just something I would say if someone commented on my size to leave them speechless. But you're right on the acknowledgement, but we all deal with these idiots differently.

DaemonForce
01-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Um, noo, I meant my comment as a joke. Not to be taken literally.
Exactly my point. There are plenty of crazies that will be tempted to play head games with you if you use that line. I might be one of them. :p
But you're right on the acknowledgement, but we all deal with these idiots differently.
I wonder if you're more effective in shutting them up than I am scaring them off. Psychological malice is an art to me. Still, I've never seen a Yoko have to deal with any stupid comments so it's probably not worth worrying about. :/

Lightane
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
That's because you didn't read. I wasn't grouping lazy by character but by costume. Ichigo and Naruto aren't even comparable(since swimwear is different by gender) and furthermore have yet to exist with recognizable swimwear. Okay to be fair yes, Miku's bikini is also a lazy cosplay. RAwR! :p

Oh no, I read it correctly. You fail to take in the consideration and time that it takes to make any cosplay, nonetheless a Yoko cosplay. I'm not saying that the people who cosplay her and just go buy the shorts and top and scarf aren't lazy. But those that actually take the time to make it aren't. It might not be as detailed as a Zelda cosplay. But just because the cosplay is made up of a swimsuit, shorts, and accessories doesn't make it lazy.

DaemonForce
01-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Ah bollocks. I realize the time and effort required to make a good costume. Most people don't care. If they see it, they either recognize it or they don't. That's usually good enough for them. For me, I have an elitest attitude so I like to pick apart details even if I recognize a costume. Revealing cosplays like Yoko's bikini require very little planning and are thus: lazy costumes. Period.

Where they're not lazy is in physical planning. Most of the girls that want to wear these costumes are more occupied with body image than the cloth they wear. If I were to exhibit a Kaito swimsuit it's the same thing. 3+ months of planning in physical building and maybe 5 days of sewing at the very most. I'm not here to argue this point and that's just the way it is. If you don't believe me just look around for those seeking the same opinion over and over. -_-'

Lightane
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not here to argue either but you make it very hard not to. We obviously differ in our thoughts on what a "lazy" cosplay really is. And I can tell that you think that costumes that are revealing are lazy, but I don't. And I shall hope you can at least agree to disagree. Personal opinions shall be personal opinions.

x-Steffi-x
01-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Exactly my point. There are plenty of crazies that will be tempted to play head games with you if you use that line. I might be one of them. :p

I wonder if you're more effective in shutting them up than I am scaring them off. Psychological malice is an art to me. Still, I've never seen a Yoko have to deal with any stupid comments so it's probably not worth worrying about. :/

Oh I see, it's just the last comment you made was phrased really oddly and didn't get the full extent of it. But I get you now xD I don't really want to cosplay Yoko, she's a nice character but I wouldn't wear a bra and short shorts in public. Not that confident with my body. My next character might be considered "sexy bunny girl" or something by people who don't know the character and/or series she's from. But I'm expecting unwanted attention. Thank god this character is only like 12? I'm 17 but people think I'm 14 and my character doesn't have boobs xD
I'd probably hit you with my prop if you play games :)

DaemonForce
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't really want to cosplay Yoko, she's a nice character but I wouldn't wear a bra and short shorts in public.
Well you're no fun but I suppose you have the right mindset. :p Sadly, with what I like to wear, costumes often look and feel better than traditional fashion. That's the part that kills me. The individual creations tend to follow patterns to a point but strays from it in some way to stay unique. Can you imagine what would happen if the giant name clothing manufacturers were to suddenly open a line of costumes? The cosplay community would be flooded with mediocrity and banality(READ:suck)! This is why I try to buy costumes that are variation or buy a common costume and modify it heavily. Buying a two piece is one thing but modifying it might throw me for a loop. Still, it's the lack of variation that is making me start to hate this overdone Yoko. Just once I'd like to see this (http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/Chaosblack47/Yoko2.jpg) variation come to life. Unfortunately, 98% of girls have no courage. :/
Not that confident with my body. My next character might be considered "sexy bunny girl" or something by people who don't know the character and/or series she's from. But I'm expecting unwanted attention.
If you look like a bunny girl you brought it on yourself. That's all I'm going to say here. -_-'
Thank god this character is only like 12? I'm 17 but people think I'm 14 and my character doesn't have boobs xD
I'd probably hit you with my prop if you play games :)
*puts on pedobear costume...* >.>'

Celia Rose
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Still, it's the lack of variation that is making me start to hate this overdone Yoko. Just once I'd like to see this (http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/Chaosblack47/Yoko2.jpg) variation come to life. Unfortunately, 98% of girls have no courage. :/
Starboobs Yoko is a total pain to make. One of my friends cosplayed as that version of Yoko, and she said that making the tights was one of the most time-consuming and frustrating part of the costume. It looks great, but she eventually just put it on hold because of that frustration.

I'd personally like to cosplay Yoko's bounty hunter outfit (the boots..!!), or her ninja outfit from the first Parallel Works video, maybe even some from her music video~ Budget and time constraints do not agree, however. :p

x-Steffi-x
01-21-2011, 11:12 AM
If you look like a bunny girl you brought it on yourself. That's all I'm going to say here. -_-'

Offtopic:

This is the "bunny girl":
http://www.zerochan.net/src/zerochan.Tokyo.Mew.Mew.A.La.Mode.12217.jpg
(The one in front)

Not a "sexy" costume at all, but you know that some people have other ideas, such as person who dresses as a bunny = sexy or a slut, or looking for the attention but I'm not doing it for any of those O_O I find this character adorable so I want to cosplay her.
Just like any Yoko cosplayer who cosplay the character because they like them, it's good to feel comfortable and sexy if you're cosplaying a character such as Yoko but I doubt many Yoko cosplayers do it for the negative pedo-ish attention :thumbsup:

DaemonForce
01-21-2011, 11:28 AM
the bunny girl (http://www.zerochan.net/src/zerochan.Tokyo.Mew.Mew.A.La.Mode.12217.jpg)
Aw that's adorable. You gonna get taken home! :3

Just keep in mind, there are people that go berserk at the sight of a bunny girl no matter what she's wearing. I think it's a fetish thing or something. :/

x-Steffi-x
01-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Aw that's adorable. You gonna get taken home! :3

Just keep in mind, there are people that go berserk at the sight of a bunny girl no matter what she's wearing. I think it's a fetish thing or something. :/

My point exactly. I can't wait to finish her :3

korokuXneo
01-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Starboobs Yoko is a total pain to make. One of my friends cosplayed as that version of Yoko, and she said that making the tights was one of the most time-consuming and frustrating part of the costume. It looks great, but she eventually just put it on hold because of that frustration.

I'd personally like to cosplay Yoko's bounty hunter outfit (the boots..!!), or her ninja outfit from the first Parallel Works video, maybe even some from her music video~ Budget and time constraints do not agree, however. :p

I do like Starboobs Yoko, but those pant/tight things look like a pain in the ass. On my body, I like the booty shorts, as they give me more hip.

If I do a variation of Yoko, I'd like to do this one: http://www.chucksanimeshrine.com/catalog/images/Yoko-11.jpg

I think that if I'm going to make a common cosplay (like Yoko), I'll wait a few more years until I have the money to make an extraordinary cosplay :D

And @ x-Steffi-x : I'm a Tokyo Mew Mew fanatic... it would bring me joy to see more cosplays of berry mew.

DaemonForce
01-23-2011, 03:54 AM
If I do a variation of Yoko, I'd like to do this one: http://www.chucksanimeshrine.com/catalog/images/Yoko-11.jpg

I think that if I'm going to make a common cosplay (like Yoko), I'll wait a few more years until I have the money to make an extraordinary cosplay :D
Don't wait on it. God knows that's my most horrible problem on everything and it's evil. You missed the body for it and if you continue waiting it will be gone forever. You see that good Rin you did a long while back? You need to exceed the good appearance on that body if you're ever going to make a stunning Yoko. Unfortunately I can't offer any reasonable advice on how to get you there since I'm not you and I don't know your habits. You have a better idea how to get there than I do.

You're extremely lucky the issue isn't a gut, girth, or legs since those proportions are usually a nasty problem for everyone...No, you got the wild card and its your current lack of defined curves that dooms this. I'll say this much: Your tits are weird. They make you look normal as Rin but in your KosMos they have an oddly large girth as if there's some sort of massive compression going on. I doubt it's growth but whatever. If they're like that without compression, your shape is more in-tune for a plugsuit character or some sort of lightly armored guard but at least your girls are there and they aid in defining your moderately aesthetic shape from the front. If I were you I would strengthen the abs and arms for more muscle definition and get more defined curves before even thinking of showing off such a ridiculous amount of midsection. You would be surprised by the attention received as such eye candy. <3

That was my elitist mindset trampling my brittle photographer side. :D

Anyway without that kind of work you would just be another ordinary Yoko with some costume variation. The only other possible thing that bothers me is your mental drive. Do you really have the will to cosplay this variation of Yoko and make it look amazing or is it just going to look ordinary and blend with the rest of them? Time doesn't have to be against you if you just put in a little bit of effort for your body. That's roughly 95% of the Yoko cosplay anyway. :/

Celia Rose
01-23-2011, 04:02 AM
I do like Starboobs Yoko, but those pant/tight things look like a pain in the ass. On my body, I like the booty shorts, as they give me more hip.

Bounty hunter Yoko YES :heart: One of my favorites of her outfits~
S.t.a.r.S. Yoko (a.k.a. Yoko the stewardess) is really cute, too. :)

Origin
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Big-breasted or little-breasted, Yoko is an extremely revealing costume and if you feel comfortable in it go for it! I'm a C cup and working on a Yoko, but quite frankly I wish I was an A or B since that tiny bikini has to be SUPER tight so I don't pop out, making it a little uncomfortable. I'm built kind of the opposite of you actually, I'm a size 6 in jeans, but I either have to custom make my shirts, or buy large and bring it in since my boobs are 40" but my stomach is 32". So I feel your discomfort just from the other side of the scale!

korokuXneo
01-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Don't wait on it. God knows that's my most horrible problem on everything and it's evil. You missed the body for it and if you continue waiting it will be gone forever. You see that good Rin you did a long while back? You need to exceed the good appearance on that body if you're ever going to make a stunning Yoko. Unfortunately I can't offer any reasonable advice on how to get you there since I'm not you and I don't know your habits. You have a better idea how to get there than I do.

You're extremely lucky the issue isn't a gut, girth, or legs since those proportions are usually a nasty problem for everyone...No, you got the wild card and its your current lack of defined curves that dooms this. I'll say this much: Your tits are weird. They make you look normal as Rin but in your KosMos they have an oddly large girth as if there's some sort of massive compression going on. I doubt it's growth but whatever. If they're like that without compression, your shape is more in-tune for a plugsuit character or some sort of lightly armored guard but at least your girls are there and they aid in defining your moderately aesthetic shape from the front. If I were you I would strengthen the abs and arms for more muscle definition and get more defined curves before even thinking of showing off such a ridiculous amount of midsection. You would be surprised by the attention received as such eye candy. <3

That was my elitist mindset trampling my brittle photographer side. :D

Anyway without that kind of work you would just be another ordinary Yoko with some costume variation. The only other possible thing that bothers me is your mental drive. Do you really have the will to cosplay this variation of Yoko and make it look amazing or is it just going to look ordinary and blend with the rest of them? Time doesn't have to be against you if you just put in a little bit of effort for your body. That's roughly 95% of the Yoko cosplay anyway. :/

Well, um, thank you for the body critique.

I'm well aware that my tits are weird but I can usually disguise this while in a swimsuit or bra with proper padding. My KOS-MOS looked bizarre because I only wore a thin layer of cotton tightly over them with nipple tape. By looking at the pictures, you can probably tell that I didn't exactly get to finish the top of the bodysuit. D:

The Rin coslay was made 4 months before KOS-MOS, so there wasn't much difference in habits. I'm continuously losing weight (that's good because I'm only 5'0" and I was overweight), but I'm not sure if I'll ever gain more defined curves. I exercise regularly and eat right, but I have weird genetics. My mother and I have almost identical bodies, other than the fact that she's a little taller.

Celia Rose
01-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Well, um, thank you for the body critique.

I'm well aware that my tits are weird but I can usually disguise this while in a swimsuit or bra with proper padding. My KOS-MOS looked bizarre because I only wore a thin layer of cotton tightly over them with nipple tape. By looking at the pictures, you can probably tell that I didn't exactly get to finish the top of the bodysuit. D:

The Rin coslay was made 4 months before KOS-MOS, so there wasn't much difference in habits. I'm continuously losing weight (that's good because I'm only 5'0" and I was overweight), but I'm not sure if I'll ever gain more defined curves. I exercise regularly and eat right, but I have weird genetics. My mother and I have almost identical bodies, other than the fact that she's a little taller.
Sometimes genetics work against you in that respect. But, I wouldn't let it stop you from cosplaying whomever you please. :) Somehow I missed the skinny-waist-big-boobs gene that everyone else seemed to get, but it hasn't stopped me yet~

"Kick logic out and do the impossible! Isn't that the way Team Gurren rolls?!" ;)

DaemonForce
01-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah that does look a bit nightmarish. Is it still in progress or did you stop because of how it looks on your right now? :/
Weight isn't the issue here it's body material. You don't have enough of it. The genetics thing is probably screwing you but if I ever learned anything about girls it's that the ones that look like their moms usually carry their daily habits. So I guess exercise and diet aren't a complete waste of time. :p

korokuXneo
01-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Yeah that does look a bit nightmarish. Is it still in progress or did you stop because of how it looks on your right now? :/

Weight isn't the issue here it's body material. You don't have enough of it. The genetics thing is probably screwing you but if I ever learned anything about girls it's that the ones that look like their moms usually carry their daily habits. So I guess exercise and diet aren't a complete waste of time. :p

Like I said in the costume description, it was a POS costume to begin with, so it had poor construction. I didn't have time to finish it before con and after con the costume was such a mess that it COULDN'T be repaired. =/

Well, I'm fairly sure that I'm going to be hipless for life. D: My waist really isn't big. My hips are small and my ribcage is HUGE, hence me looking curveless.

Axelai
01-28-2011, 02:18 AM
I was known at Anime Expo as "flat chested Yoko" ....

;A;

YOU KNOW WHAT. THAT BIG BOOBED YOKO HAD A CRAP COSPLAY :| I LOOKED GOOD.

DaemonForce
01-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Wait WAT?! ( ゚Д゚)

YOU were that delicious looking flatchest at AX last year?!

You looked so good. Your face looked like it hit a bee nest but the rest of you looked so good. :(

Axelai
01-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Wait WAT?! ( ゚Д゚)

YOU were that delicious looking flatchest at AX last year?!

You looked so good. Your face looked like it hit a bee nest but the rest of you looked so good. :(

...........................wow. Douche.

DaemonForce
01-28-2011, 02:34 AM
...........................wow. Douche.
Hey it's not like I wasn't having a similar problem at Akicon. By the end of day 1 it looked like I was drop-stabbed by a damn spy. Not sexy. >.>'

I don't understand how I didn't get a photo of you. You clearly stand out from the rest of them. Bondage Yoko was there too, I guess. :/

Axelai
01-28-2011, 02:38 AM
Hey it's not like I wasn't having a similar problem at Akicon. By the end of day 1 it looked like I was drop-stabbed by a damn spy. Not sexy. >.>'

I don't understand how I didn't get a photo of you. You clearly stand out from the rest of them. Bondage Yoko was there too, I guess. :/

Words cannot describe how much of a troll you are. How have you not been banned yet?

ToroSonyCat
02-04-2011, 03:12 PM
It shouldn't matter, just cosplay her and have fun with it.
As others have suggested, you could always use padding to help if you're feeling consious about it.

benihime
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I figure, as long as the cosplay is well done..who really cares? As long as YOU feel comfortable in the cosplay, don't worry about it and have fun.

Being a big breasted woman, I always feel scared for the bigger ones because i'm like "HONEY MAKE SURE YOUR TOP IS STABLE" and it makes me feel embarrassed for them when they bounce around. :X

Lovelychristina
02-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Words cannot describe how much of a troll you are. How have you not been banned yet?

He got banned though I busted into a Giggle fit in my thread. I really like your Yoko Cosplay though ^^

samiawesome
02-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I think small breasted yokos are perfectly fine...I'm cosplaying yoko in April and I'm not that large either. And really in my opinion and in no way negative to any yokos who do...but I don't like the underboob much, I would have no problem with showing underboob myself but it would have to look right. I've seen some yokos that can pull off the underboob really well but most of the time it just doesn't look right...more like smushed-boob...so I actually prefer being a small breasted yoko.

batteredchicken
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I have to agree Yoko's body is an exaggerated hour glass figure with a waist line only achievable via a corset or REALLY GOOD genes. The boobs... Wouldn't be so emphasizedly huge/strange/unrealistic if her waistline wasn't to itty bitty. xD

Now to small breasted Yokos. IMO you're not small you have some cleavage. If you don't... Well, other than padding and such that people have suggested, you can also blush (as in make up) your breasts to emphasize what you already have. Depending on how good you do it, it can add dimension and make them look fuller than they already are. If you really want to go busty despite your cup size atm.

But personally? I find that Yoko's appeal isn't with her boobs but her midsection and bum.

Yoko's about showing off curves and strutting it, having a bum to boot is helpful since it adds that feminine curve. Have it? FLAUNT IT! XD It's the hips that don't lie.

CRiMSONSiN
02-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I was worried about her chest size until I read this thread.
:]
Hopefully I'll still feel that way when I have the cosplay. I just want to be able to tone up my body more.

Axelai
02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
He got banned though I busted into a Giggle fit in my thread. I really like your Yoko Cosplay though ^^

Yeah, he got banned about a half hour after those posts. Thank goodness *phew*

And thanks :D