PDA

View Full Version : Edward Elric cosplay?

Silver Hearts
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Ok, I want to cosplay Edward Elric, but here's the thing. How much would it normally cost? I can buy the shirt, pants and boots at a store and customize them, oh and the belt. I already have white gloves. And wig. |D

How much would be the two jackets and automail?

Just estimating. o_o

Because my mom thinks Ed would be a lot of money.

ZakuMonkey
07-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Not much if you make faux automail your self, buy a long armed glove and shape the piece out of carboard/foam board and hot glue the pieces to the glove.A friend of mine did that and her fake arm came out pretty nice, i wouldnt worry about the leg considering you never see it.

talkenia
08-14-2010, 04:30 PM
the jackets depend, on what fabric you use..

also I am going to cosplay edward (hopefully) and i think i won't make the black jacket since I probably won't be wearing it too often to show my automail.. but the red jacket is a must..

automail
use featherweights tutorial on cardboard automail mine turned out pretty nice (check my profile)

on a side note, i think edward is possibly one of the cheaper cosplays if you compare it to some others..

SoraXDD
08-20-2010, 06:30 PM
well i have an ed cosplay, and im making his automail arm right now, but i decided to ditch the red cloak idea and just go with boots, pants, black shirt, belt, and then show the automail of 24/7. it has cost me SO much less to do that, so it's what i recomend, but if you really want to do the cloak i would say either buy it off of like ebay or somthign or make it yourself using cotton fabric and iron on the design xD

OH! and amythest angel's automail tutorial is REALLY good!!! i didnt really like featherweight's tutorial because, although good, it just didnt look like it would work as well...haha

but i ended up pretty much making the whole thing from scratch and just using hockey/soccer gear plus bondo, craftfoam, velcro, and spray paint. it's turning out really well, i recomend amythest angel's tutorial for patterns and stuff, that's what i used xD