PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Outfits (Need Some Advice!)

starsmasher
07-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm currently making (err, rather, my gf is making) a steampunk costume that I plan on using @ Otakon this year. It has a sky captain feel to it, consisting of a white short sleeved dress shirt, double breasted vest, goggles, boots, brown leather jacket, etc etc. We have everything on it looking great, but I'm stuck on what kind of pants to wear with it. I've contemplated on just wearing my black BDUs, but I'm not sure if that'd look good with the white dress shirt and all. Any suggestions as to what may look good with the outfit?

Neko Transfan
07-12-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm currently making (err, rather, my gf is making) a steampunk costume that I plan on using @ Otakon this year. It has a sky captain feel to it, consisting of a white short sleeved dress shirt, double breasted vest, goggles, boots, brown leather jacket, etc etc. We have everything on it looking great, but I'm stuck on what kind of pants to wear with it. I've contemplated on just wearing my black BDUs, but I'm not sure if that'd look good with the white dress shirt and all. Any suggestions as to what may look good with the outfit?

I think it would really make the outfit if you could find or make vintage jodhpurs.

http://www.ballyhoovintage.com/miva/images/19168.jpg

Kunoichi Neko
07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I would probably go with brown>Black, just be sure it matches everything else!!

Ironhill
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
What color is the vest? Check out the Civil War reinactors outfits. Something there might work.

starsmasher
07-13-2010, 01:09 AM
What color is the vest? Check out the Civil War reinactors outfits. Something there might work.

Vest is going to be black, we're working on it right now :-P Adding an upper arm bracer and armor on one shoulder. I'll update my profile later with pics and whatnot to show my progress!

I would probably go with brown>Black, just be sure it matches everything else!!

I'm definitely going black. I think I'm just going to stay with the black military BDUs that I have and go from there.

Thanks for the suggestions!