PDA

View Full Version : Planned Maya Fey Cosplay

gracerofl
07-13-2010, 08:32 AM
So far I have a wig, a little bun that attached to the wig, an almost complete magatama and her tallish sandals (I painted the top part purple). I tried to make some beads and hair-things, but that failed.

Has anybody else cosplayed her? How did you make her hair-bead-sphere-things? How did you put them on and get them to stay?

TR Rose
07-13-2010, 08:41 AM
I used ping pong balls, painted with acrylic paint, and with a hole cut through them with a Dremel.

Getting them on the hair was a challenge. I used hair glue to make the two front sections of hair into points and threaded them through the ping pong balls using a huge needle. When I got the beads on, I secured them at the bottom with black hair elastics and then cut off the glued part.

I will likely never be able to remove them if I ever want to get them back on there again.

Hope this helps!

gracerofl
07-14-2010, 12:48 PM
That is helpful! And totally new. Did you just leave the back part of her hair down?

I wish I had heard this suggestion before trying to make beads. That would have probably saved a bunch of time and energy. Oh well, now I know what doesn't work at least. xD

gracerofl
07-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Also, I don't think that I own anything like a Dremel, and I don't think I have the money to get something like that. How else do you think I could cut holes through them (without making a total mess of the pingpong balls xD).

Shii Arisugawa
08-17-2010, 05:48 AM

gracerofl
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks!

I ended up making mine out of this specific sort of hard styrofoam whose name escapes me that I got from Michael's. They were super cheap and the perfect size! I just had to drill holes and sand and paint them and they were perfect.

fandalia
11-22-2010, 01:37 AM
my friend and i went to dollar store and found some round foams that were the same size and shape and we painted them with acrylic paints for hers.