PDA

View Full Version : Kagamine twins' Wigs?

AkatsukiSky
07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Hello everyone!

I am planing on making some Rin cosplays (maybe in partnership with a friend). Searching through eBay for a wig, I hardly found anything very... trustable? So I'd like some advices and feeback. To those who have cosplayed those characters, what wig did you bought, and where? Style it yourself or bought it pre-styled?

The major difficulty here is to find two of the exact same color, and that's why I don't know what to buy (I'd rather not style anything by myself, I am way too bad xD, but could could give it a try if I have no choice).

Thank you! :)

kiratsukai
07-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Strongly suggest making them yourself. There are quite a few tutorials online for the wigs (most Japanese, but all with images). One for Len (translated) is available in the tutorial thread linked in my signature.

Rin's is simple. Len's is a moderate challenge... but get them in the same color and you've already done better than most manage to buying them seperately pre-styled :)

Len's hair is too complex to get pre-styled decently for an affordable cost without shipping complications.

Len was my first self-styled wig and it came out pretty nice -- so it's definately possible for a total noob to wigs to do a serviceable job of it :)

AkatsukiSky
07-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Ok then, I'll consider styling it. That's a nice tutorial you have there ^_^. Making a ponytail seems hard though =_=. Any suggestion for a base wig then? (Would the one you used be long enough for Rin, or should I search for something else?)

Codename Otacon
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
For Rin you can use the Scruffy-L(Long Scruffy)from Cosworx.

AkatsukiSky
07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah that one looks really great!! I never bought from CosWorx yet... might give it a try :3 (expensive though T_T)

ShiaHiguchi
07-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Me and my friend bought out Rin and Len wigs from peri-wig.com.
The quality of the wigs are really nice, and they're cheap too. c:
http://www.peri-wig.com/product.php?productid=856&cat=0&page=4
http://www.peri-wig.com/product.php?productid=869&cat=0&page=5
Hope this helps a bit