PDA

View Full Version : Any good places in Connecticut?

Banditx
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
There are playgrounds in my home town (Naugatuck) but seeing as I don't have a lisence I can't go anywhere really.
But my friends have them, ANYWAYS, does anyone know good places for some shoots? Like open fields or run down places?

lyraparry11
08-03-2010, 02:34 AM
in Hartford there's this park (I don't rememer the name of it, but it had a statue of the guy who invented anesthesia if that's any help) that I thought was really nice. it had old fashioned looking lightposts and a nice fountain.

Arynus
08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey, Rhode. <3

Alexis and I just had a photoshoot today, actually, at Castle Craig in Meriden. It's a great location for pictures, but it is about twenty miles away, give or take, and is about a half-hour drive. Here's a map for an example. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Naugatuck,+CT&daddr=Berlin,+Connecticut+06037+(Hubbard+Park)&geocode=FWoGeQId2VWl-ymZSwhxWsLniTEwLuZ3bSkGBw%3BFdkjegIdWJ6o-yG_7DxYfoFihA&hl=en&mra=pd&mrcr=0&sll=41.499028,-72.971871&sspn=0.233995,0.676346&ie=UTF8&z=12)

That park, and Castle Craig, itself, is where Dez and I usually go for photoshoots, since it's not too far away from where we live, but it's a very nice bit of land. I definitely recommend it. Unfortunately, that's the only place I really know of for a good location. Good luck finding something, though!

hcnypeter
10-19-2010, 06:29 AM
I live in the Hartford area.New Haven is not too far from us 45 mins to an hour. But the SGRA is located closer to you, you should contact Diane there and see if you can hook up with them.If you will ride near Hartford,I would go "east of the river",meaning the CT River, such as in South Windsor,since it would be less expensive.