PDA

View Full Version : The Generic Protagonist Workout AKA the easy beginners workout.

Kasinator
07-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Budget level: $30 at the most

Essential Equipment : A simple pullup bar (http://is.gd/idkdu). you can get one of these at a walmart for $20. make sure its the type that hangs on the door, and not the type that pushes against the sides of the doorframe. A pillow, some good shoes are also recommended. if you are really stiff on the budget, Try doing this for you pullups:

http://i.imgur.com/3OBLS.jpg

Optional Equipment : Jump rope, a fitness mat, egg timer

Difficulty: 3/10 Hard at first ( when you begin exercising, everything feels hard ), but within two weeks will get easier.

The generic protagonist workout is designed to be made for those who are just getting stared and are looking to cosplay your basic character. Its not designed to give you big muscles or anything just slim you down into that simple character with a petite figure.

The workout will range anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour a day, It all of course varies on your pacing, and is important I stress you take your time when exercising. I suggest you do these exercises earlier in the day for better results.

Workouts will be split up into 2 different parts, switching between the two every day. Workout A will be a simple full body resistance based exercise and will build muscle to burn fat. HEY! DON'T CLICK OUT OF THIS YET LADIES! >:C I promise this wont turn you into a muscular freak. Muscle building will burn fat off you better then cardio alone. Moreover to get the kinda of freakish sized muscles your thinking about requires a lot of testosterone. Now where was I? Oh yes, Workout B is strictly cardio. This helps your overall endurance heart rate and helps with toning.

Terminology:

Reps: The number of times you do a particular move.

Example: I did 30 reps of pushups means I did a pushup 30 times in a row.

Sets: a group of reps. when you finish a set of reps, you will want to rest at least 30 seconds.

Modify: letting you do the exercise in a more simpler way if cannot do/complete the exercise in the typical fashion.

Example: 3 sets of 15 rep pullups = 15 pullups, rest 30 seconds, another 15 pullups, rest 30 seconds, final 15 pullups. on the final set you will want to rest 60 secinds.

Superset: A group of exercises formed as one large set.

Workout A

Warm up - you will have to follow this video (http://bit.ly/37UbNp) for now until I find a better one. The generic rule you want to do is 30 seconds for each move.

Pushups: 1 set of 15-30 reps more is better.

If you cant finish your set Try to do them modified (http://bit.ly/9Kchkj). if you have wrist issues, this is where your pullup bar comes in really handy (http://bit.ly/ajf9Gs).

Pullups: 1 set of 8-10 reps. Modifying this is ESSENTIAL! (http://bit.ly/cqPZLy) when you get good at them, stop modifying, and do them right!

Squats 1: set of 50 reps. plain and simple. your legs already do a lot of lifting, so giving them this, wont nearly be as taxing as pushups and everything else.

Dips: (http://i.imgur.com/HKOk5.jpg) 1 set of 30 reps. To modify, bring your feet closer to your knees.

Repeat all moves save for warm up another 4 times as a superset. :O I know I know but if you want results you have to.

Finally you can cool down and stretch. Just do a little bit of light jogging, followed by light swinging of the arms and legs for a couple of minutes.

Congratulations you survived Workout A :D

Kasinator
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Workout B is a lot more simple and strait forward.

Warm Up: Follow the above video once again.

After the warmup all you need to do is 30 minutes of good cardio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IbZ0eiEiQ).

I suggest jumping rope if you are afraid of outside. :P

When your 30 minutes are up, just cool down and stretch doing light swinging with your legs.

After this, all you have to do is ab training. This is where I REALLY stress using a pillow and comfortable clothing. DO NOT WEAR JEANS DOING THIS!

Ab video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_usVg7Fp0)

Workout Schedule

Day 1: Workout A

Day 2: Workout B

Day 3: Workout A

Day 4: Workout B

Day 5: Workout A

Day 6: Workout B

Day 7: Rest

Remember the Absolute most important thing is to eat right when losing weight. I will soon be posting a nutrition guide for people to follow hopefully soon. remember to consult docs and remember I am not a professional or anything. I just know my stuff, and lost my weight doing these things.

Also keep in mind soreness at first is inevitable. Your body is doing more work than it has done in a very long time. when you become consistent the soreness will go away.

F. Silverberg
07-14-2010, 09:20 PM
This is an excellent beginner's workout, except, most true beginners will not be able to do anything except sloppy pushups, and squats in the resistance portion, lol. Modifying, as you mentioned, is absolutely vital, and not being able to do 15+ reps is fine, especially if you are a beginner or haven't been doing this for a long time.

I had my older sister do a similar routine, and while she still can not do a true pullup to this day (any variant, unmodified), she has lost 10 lbs in just a few months and looks better now than she has at any point of her life.

Of course, this is all meaningless if you do not sleep and eat like crap. Good eating is a must.

Kasinator
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM
This is an excellent beginner's workout, except, most true beginners will not be able to do anything except sloppy pushups, and squats in the resistance portion, lol. Modifying, as you mentioned, is absolutely vital, and not being able to do 15+ reps is fine, especially if you are a beginner or haven't been doing this for a long time.

I had my older sister do a similar routine, and while she still can not do a true pullup to this day (any variant, unmodified), she has lost 10 lbs in just a few months and looks better now than she has at any point of her life.

Of course, this is all meaningless if you do not sleep and eat like crap. Good eating is a must.

Good to hear from you F. Silverberg! :D

F. Silverberg
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Good to hear from you F. Silverberg! :D

Thanks, I was surprised that they made their own sub-forum for this, the other threads in general chat were getting too convoluted to really do any good.

Going by your user pic, it seems like you're in better shape than me now, that's good to see.

Awai_chan
07-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Thank goodness for you T-T This is extremely helpful to many of us~!

I hope to see the nutritional page up soon~ ;)

Kasinator
07-31-2010, 08:52 PM
You're welcome!:D

DevTehFiend
08-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Hoping to talk my parents in to taking me to the store to get a pullup bar. XD (Or I may just walk there, good exercise, though it's very hot.)

Kasinator
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I am sorry I have to bump this thread because people dont seem to know it exists. seriously feel free to post here everyone!

DevTehFiend
08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I got a pull-up bar! ^^;l (Pull ups are haaaaaard!)

kitsch_brigade
08-12-2010, 04:43 AM
I tried workout a tonight. I only got through 2 and a half supersets before I felt sick like I was going to vomit. :/ Any input on what I did wrong? I think it's a good workout as it took a lot of doing for those first sets, but I hope that doesn't happen when I try on Saturday.

Kasinator
08-12-2010, 08:17 AM
the first time is always the hardest. I recommend going to failure before you hit a number and to modify if possible. eventually you can adapt.

Chihaku
08-14-2010, 08:58 AM
OK I think I'll give this a try because I have done workouts on the TV for 2 months and nothing happened at all. I just have 1 question. For Exercise A, are you saying you do all the exercises in 4 loops? The way you said it kind of confuses me since this is a "Beginners workout."

Kasinator
08-14-2010, 09:26 AM
yes four loops. I say beginners because it is more modifiable than the other exercises. So if yo are doing absolutely terrible with the workout, you can switch to a modified version of the exercise and slowly build your endurance. remember also that diet significantly increases the weight loss factor as I am sure everyone is aware. I hope this answered your question! :D

Chihaku
08-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes this does. Thank you! ^^

I tried to make water bottle weights except they broke within 5 minutes which was terrible... Oh well, when my birthday comes in a week I'll get money and I'll go out and get real weights. :)

EDIT: OK I just tried to do pullups and sadly I have no pullup bar but I do have a swing set, however it is rusty and so shaky, that I think I'll just break it while doing pullups... I guess I can't do this workout until I get a pullup bar... T_T

Kasinator
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
bumping this so people know it exists. (gotta get this stickied)

redsmas
09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I was wondering what would be a good replacement for pull-ups untill I can get the money for a bar???

Kasinator
09-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I was wondering what would be a good replacement for pull-ups untill I can get the money for a bar???

the short answer is there is none. you can use resistance bands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQUGnF-5PHM&fmt=22. but the problem is it is not remotely the same. moreover those bands are kinda expensive. just save for the bar in the meantime, or you can use a broomstick placed over a two chairs and do lay down pullups in the meantime.:)

Eupheryce
09-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Thank you for this! :D I'll try it out. I don't think I'll have a problem with cardio and squats, but the ab training is going to be the death of me. And I don't think I've ever been able to complete a full pull up without cheating and kicking myself up the wall.

Kasinator
09-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you for this! :D I'll try it out. I don't think I'll have a problem with cardio and squats, but the ab training is going to be the death of me. And I don't think I've ever been able to complete a full pull up without cheating and kicking myself up the wall.

Just remember to really breathe steadily. When you dont its only more painful. and eventually ab training becomes less intense. I'm actually trying to make ab training harder for me XD.

kittiesXXrawr
10-20-2010, 04:33 PM
I Finally Found This Lol. . And Finally Someone Made A Step By Step Schedule =]. . Thanks Kas. . Ima Start This On Monday So My Days Are Right. . But In The Meantime Ive Been Eatin Healthier And Ive Been Doin 30 Crunches And 30 Leg Lifts Or Watever It Is Where You Lift Weights Wit Your Shins On A Weight Bench. . Lol But Its Been Tightenin My Stomach And Legs. . And If Jus That Has Been Helpin Jus Think Wat This Workout Is Gonna Do Lol. .:toothy:

Rjr3412
10-20-2010, 06:27 PM

A FANTASTIC substitute for doing pull ups -

Find a tree
Hang a sturdy rope from a branch that sticks out (also sturdy)
Climb rope, hand over hand
Repeat

Works most of the same muscle groups, and hey you get your ninja training in too!

Please, please don't fall though, that'd be bad.

Demmly-Pop
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm 15 and can't really afford a pull-up bar, so can I lift weights instead? I'm not looking to loose a whole bunch of weight, I just have this little belly that is nagging me. ;-;

krysil
11-02-2010, 12:59 AM
the short answer is there is none. you can use resistance bands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQUGnF-5PHM&fmt=22. but the problem is it is not remotely the same. moreover those bands are kinda expensive. just save for the bar in the meantime, or you can use a broomstick placed over a two chairs and do lay down pullups in the meantime.:)

Best idea ever. No one has ever mentioned using a broom and chairs before to do pull ups. I have never been able to do a single pull up and that seems like a good way to start!

melloki
11-10-2010, 10:14 AM
This sounds like an excellent work out! I think come payday I may have to go invest in that pullup bar :D Thank you so much for posting this!

By the way, do you have any specific pullup bars to recommend? (either for design or price?)

Braithcakes
11-10-2010, 11:19 AM
>o> if I'm trying to not lose any weight at all, would doing just the warmup and resistance parts of this help me tone up a little more?

I'm very twiggy, and want just a bit more definition that...well, almost all anime boys happen to have, and I don't :D

Kasinator
11-10-2010, 01:12 PM
if you are twiggy, eat more! Just make sure you eat right :). I used to cut out cardio, but it really helps you in so many ways, its not worth abandoning.

Braithcakes
11-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I have been eating alot more.

my metabolism is just so high coupled with that I have a naturally tiny body size that makes me look oh so small ><

need work on arms and chest, yes 0_0

Uberwekkness
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Just gonna mention this, but the pull-ups can be tricky for beginners, especially women. Women aren't built for as much upper body strength as men are.
Boyfriend elaborates (he knows more about this than I do):
"It's not just pull-ups, it's almost everything upper body. Women are about even with men when it comes to leg work and core/ab exercises, but back, arms, chest, and shoulders are naturally weaker for most humans because they aren't used nearly as much on a daily basis. But men are just designed with more muscle and bone structure in that area, plus a higher production of testosterone acts as a really powerful catalyst in muscle growth."

For instance, I am not a weakling, or particularly out of shape, and I can barely do one. 8-15 is a pretty unrealistic "beginner" number. And really, it should probably be less in general, since pull ups should be nice and slow. You'll do less, but it builds muscle faster,

Grey's Princess
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I just got done with my first week of this exercise! :) I think I'm actually going to stick with this for once! Thank you!

VendettaCode
11-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!

kitsch_brigade
11-18-2010, 02:15 AM
I just wanted to say that I've tried to start this up again. After the first time I was a little hesitant, but I waited much longer after I ate and scaled things down to the point where I personally couldn't complete another rep and it worked wonderfully!

Right now I'm at 11 push-ups, 35 squats, 15 dips. I had to cut out the pullups as my chair is too low that it isn't a workout doing them. I am trying to find some books to combine with the chair to get this to work, but it's definitely in progress. I added crunches and obliques because I forgot to do them with my cardio yesterday so I didn't feel like a slacker. I try to add an extra bit of reps to each workout every time I do it. So here's to getting to the beginner numbers.... XD

Rjr3412
11-18-2010, 09:03 AM
I just wanted to say that I've tried to start this up again. After the first time I was a little hesitant, but I waited much longer after I ate and scaled things down to the point where I personally couldn't complete another rep and it worked wonderfully!

Right now I'm at 11 push-ups, 35 squats, 15 dips. I had to cut out the pullups as my chair is too low that it isn't a workout doing them. I am trying to find some books to combine with the chair to get this to work, but it's definitely in progress. I added crunches and obliques because I forgot to do them with my cardio yesterday so I didn't feel like a slacker. I try to add an extra bit of reps to each workout every time I do it. So here's to getting to the beginner numbers.... XD

Is there a beam or a lowish tree branch that's convenient? Grabbing a towel, or better yet, a karate belt, place it over the beam and grab onto each end. You can use that for impromptu pull ups as well.

Keep up the awesome work!

Kasinator
11-18-2010, 09:16 AM

http://i.imgur.com/3OBLS.jpg

A perfect workaround!!! :bigtu:

xGreenling
11-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Hey Kas, any advice for somebody with bad joints? In general I don't have much cartilage cushioning my joints, but in my right knee especially, I have a sprain that never healed right leading to a patella that doesn't move along the right path.

Is there a way of modifying a squat to make it easier on a bad knee (same for pushups since it's hard to straighten the knee) or any forms of cardio that aren't hard on the joints?

I'm seeing a chiropractor who's slowly twisting my leg back into shape, but until then (and I figure it'll be a few months at least) I'm sick and tired of sitting on my duff getting flabbier and weaker.

Kasinator
11-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey Kas, any advice for somebody with bad joints? In general I don't have much cartilage cushioning my joints, but in my right knee especially, I have a sprain that never healed right leading to a patella that doesn't move along the right path.

Is there a way of modifying a squat to make it easier on a bad knee (same for pushups since it's hard to straighten the knee) or any forms of cardio that aren't hard on the joints?

I'm seeing a chiropractor who's slowly twisting my leg back into shape, but until then (and I figure it'll be a few months at least) I'm sick and tired of sitting on my duff getting flabbier and weaker.

To be perfectly honest, this is not something I can give any suggestion to other than consult someone qualified. There are all sort of workarounds people can do, but what you might want to do is research in what paraplegics do for cardio. Other than that advice, I honestly do not feel qualified to help you with this issue as well as someone more qualified.

xGreenling
11-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh, Lords, I'm being compared to a paraplegic! Haha. XD I thought you might say that; I was just wondering if you had ever had a similar injury and found a good workaround. Thanks anyway.

yuya_valentine
12-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Easiest workout: jumping rope. 'nough said.

Crown of Laurel
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Ah, just so you know, the link where it shows how to use the pullup bar for pushups (for those with wrist issues) isn't working. =|a

Kasinator
12-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Ah, just so you know, the link where it shows how to use the pullup bar for pushups (for those with wrist issues) isn't working. =|a

im sorry could you show me where it is???

Krye
12-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Thank you for making this thread =)
I am very excited to try out this regime!
It looks super effective and not overly crazy.

lsd
01-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Dips: (http://bit.ly/9vNBx6) 1 set of 30 reps. To modify, bring your feet closer to your knees.

this is the link that doesnt work.. thankies

cant wait to start

BlackRose72311
01-03-2011, 04:22 AM
I can't wait to start!!! Thank you soooooooooo much!

::Aerin::
01-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Reading this has certainly lengthened my knowledge on how to get myself fit. It brings me back to the days I was in Aerobics class in High School.
I won't necessarily follow all of these steps, but I'm definitely going to pick and choose which sets/reps/whatever are right for me.
I'm going to have to read up on nutrition in the mean time.

32spartan11
01-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I have been eating alot more.

my metabolism is just so high coupled with that I have a naturally tiny body size that makes me look oh so small ><

need work on arms and chest, yes 0_0

I'm the same way but it is possible I've put on 24lbs of muscle in about 3 months by following my own workout and nutrition plan. If you want to put on some muscle definitely have to lift. My best advice would definitely be to go a little heavier on the squat picking a weight that only allows you to do less than 10 reps. Then for chest/arms focus on pullups, bench press, and close grip bench press.

Check out my blog in my signature for more info and feel free to PM me.

J.Kazama
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Got a jump rope today that has like a little weight on it...found a good price on a pull up bar ($23 at Walmart...nice, no? XD) and I'll buy it with the money I'll get on my birthday (5 days from now), I'm so following this workout! <3

Tempura Baka
01-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you for this workout! I really hope it will help me slim down. I started it today and I couldn't do more than two supersets without feeling weak. ^^; but I'll try to stick to it!

bondkira
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I have a question.

Is there such thing as "best time" to work out?
I work full-time 5 days a week, and I don't get off work until 4:30-5PM. I heard from my bf that it's not really effective to do work out unless it's morning, even before you eat anything.
Is this true??
I'm afraid I start working out but it does nothing...

Tempura Baka
01-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I have a question.

I work full-time 5 days a week, and I don't get off work until 4:30-5PM. I heard from my bf that it's not really effective to do work out unless it's morning, even before you eat anything.
Is this true??

This more or less what I was going to ask in addition to my other question. Does it matter if you don't exercise at the same time everyday?

Kasinator
01-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I have a question.

Is this true??

This more or less what I was going to ask in addition to my other question. Does it matter if you don't exercise at the same time everyday?

The best time is earlier in the day for losing weight. this is because your body starts off the day with you burning calories. when you are doing this the body is not sure how the rest you you day is going to go so your metabolism kicks into overdrive getting all the food you eat to better use by giving your body extra energy rather than storing it as fat.

I suggest trying to set a specific time to get you in a better routine and also to clear your schedule for it. otherwise you dont have to.

RuJa 4EVA
02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Question:

My health instructor says that in order to get the most efficient results, you must do 3 sets of however many reps you're doing.

Did you make it one because it's a beginner's guide?

Kasinator
02-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Question:

My health instructor says that in order to get the most efficient results, you must do 3 sets of however many reps you're doing.

the idea is you are actually doing four long super sets. each a different exercise with a short break in between each super set. :D

ducktailtragedy
02-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Hi i know i need to do a lot of cardio as well as resistance training, but running for my is extremely painful because i have shin splints, bad knees and several pulled hip-flexer muscles. i really want to get in shape.
Advice please

ne0ven0m
02-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Question:

Your instructor seems poorly educated on the subject matter. "Most efficient results" are going to depend greatly on your goal-- gaining size, getting stronger, or overall fat less. On top of that, it's best to vary up your set/rep scheme every now and then so that you don't get stagnant in your workout.

SirLucius
02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Quick question. :) [Might not actually be quick. ><]

I've decided to try and get in shape for a cosplay (Priscilla from Claymore, and yes, that means a bodysuit), but after high school I haven't had any exercise, so I'm really weak. Dx I tried to do a sit-up the other day and I couldn't get off the ground, and I tried a pushup and only the top-half of me went up. I was wondering, do you know what I can do to strengthen my back and arms so I can begin to do this workout? xD Thanks. <3

Freebirds
03-30-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm going to start this soon, thank you very much for the guide and everything. :)
But one quick thing, the video for Dips doesn't work, I've found some other places but I don't know where I can do it without a special piece of equipment, which most of your stuff (besides the pull-ups, obviously) is.

Thanks. :D

Slapthefatcat
05-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Your link for the dips is broken.

I'll be attempting to do this starting tomorrow since I have been warming up to it for the last week (I am WAY out of shape, even this is going to be hard). I can do the 50 squats, but it just about kills me when I do it as two sets of 25 (I've been training for them by doing weighted squats instead).

EDIT: Well, I forgot to do them until about an hour ago an it's past midnight. I downloaded the videos though and I will TRY to do it tomorrow. (My excuse is that today was a rest day, but I still did 300 jump ropes, in sets throughout the day)

Akiko312
05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Thank you very much Kasinator! I really appreciate this! Hopefully when I try this, I will be able to draw up the motivation I need to go through with it and get fitter! Thank you ^-^

Alkalyne
05-23-2011, 10:00 AM
So I plan to try this out...even gonna buy all the recommended stuff and I decided to try to do the modified versions of these, caus I've never been able to do a push up in my life. The modified one seemed easy enough last night, but I'm already sore today...LOL!
So pathetic. LOL
But my self discipline is crazy this year, so I'm gonna stick with it. Can't imagine how I'm gonna feel after I do the full set. xD

BraveKnight
05-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Kasinator... I would like to point out how wonderful your advice is. The second thing I love is the name of this routine! lol

When I first started working real hard to get into shape I had just stopped playing MMO's and when people would try to get me to come back and play I told them that I was "leveling up" me instead of my character. Sometimes corny little sayings or simple motivational ideas/outlooks can make a difference. Anyway thanks for your advice!

Rjr3412
05-23-2011, 02:03 PM
When I first started working real hard to get into shape I had just stopped playing MMO's and when people would try to get me to come back and play I told them that I was "leveling up" me instead of my character. Sometimes corny little sayings or simple motivational ideas/outlooks can make a difference. Anyway thanks for your advice!

Does cardio count as grinding your dailies?

BraveKnight
05-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I turned grocery shopping/supplement shopping into "gathering my mats" and cardio was doing my dailies. Weightlifting was leveling up and recording my progress was checking my "gear level".

Yeah... I'm a real big loser >< lol

MommaUrsa
06-01-2011, 10:25 PM
I just did this workout today, and holycrap I feel great. O___O This was amazing. Thank you so much for putting this up. It was actually not too bad to do. 8)
Imma stick to this. >:C

Alkalyne
06-01-2011, 11:44 PM
I just did this workout today, and holycrap I feel great. O___O This was amazing. Thank you so much for putting this up. It was actually not too bad to do. 8)
Imma stick to this. >:C

Same. XD It looked a lot more intimidating than it really was.

Nathus Dorkus
06-17-2011, 07:00 AM
An exercise bike is good cardio, right? :B

I'd love to try this workout out, currently all I do is a lot of cardio via my exercise bike, so y'know.

I know it's been said a million times before, but thanks so much for posting this amazing thread. <3

Chihaku
06-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Now that school's out, I decided to try out this workout, and man it was challenging. I managed to do the superset though. My toughest enemies are the pushups and squats. Squats are good, but then when I reach about 30, I begin to get very exhausted, and I can barely do 2 pushups regularly so I had to modify. I honestly hate doing modifications because it makes me feel like I'm cheating, but hey, I guess it's just practice. Well I can't wait for Workout B tomorrow. ^_^

Kungfufish
06-20-2011, 01:09 AM
I turned grocery shopping/supplement shopping into "gathering my mats" and cardio was doing my dailies. Weightlifting was leveling up and recording my progress was checking my "gear level".

Yeah... I'm a real big loser >< lol

lol I make corny jokes like that as well. I mention to my friends who are just getting back into lifting that they wont recognize the pain in stabilizing the weights with good form once they prestige.

Chihaku
06-20-2011, 06:47 PM
I forgot to add in a question. I will weigh myself tomorrow on Tuesday's and is there a possible scenario I could gain weight? I know I've been growing muscle, but what should I do if I suddenly gain about 2-3 more pounds? Should I just push even harder to my limit or do something else, because I actually want to slim down a little and lose the numbers at the same time.

Rjr3412
06-20-2011, 09:03 PM
I forgot to add in a question. I will weigh myself tomorrow on Tuesday's and is there a possible scenario I could gain weight? I know I've been growing muscle, but what should I do if I suddenly gain about 2-3 more pounds? Should I just push even harder to my limit or do something else, because I actually want to slim down a little and lose the numbers at the same time.

Simple answer for a simple question. Stop stepping on the scale and buy a tape measure. What do you really care about after all? A number on a scale or actually becoming more fit? Take measurements at a number of different spots and keep track every week or two with updates.

Possible measuring spots -
Neck
Shoulders
Chest
Stomach
Waist
Hips
Thighs
Calves
Bicep/Tricep
Forearm

If the ones you want to increase are going up, and the ones you want to go down are going down, does the scale really matter?

Chihaku
06-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Simple answer for a simple question. Stop stepping on the scale and buy a tape measure. What do you really care about after all? A number on a scale or actually becoming more fit? Take measurements at a number of different spots and keep track every week or two with updates.

Possible measuring spots -
Neck
Shoulders
Chest
Stomach
Waist
Hips
Thighs
Calves
Bicep/Tricep
Forearm

If the ones you want to increase are going up, and the ones you want to go down are going down, does the scale really matter?

You're right, Honestly, I am sorry for that last post... I honestly just want this bmi to slip down below 30 for one day at least. I managed to get a list of foods I'm gonna shop for on friday (get paid at that day). I'll look for a tape measure asap.

EDIT: I couldn't find one.... Is there any way to improvise with this problem?

Kyuushin
09-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm a pretty skinny, delicate-type build and I don't want to build a lot of muscle. Is this a good routine to work with? And when you say I need to rep the super set is it

Pushup-rest-pushup-rest-pushup-rest-pushup-rest-pullup-rest-etc...

or is it

Pushup-rest-pullup-rest-squat-rest-dip-rest-pushup-rest-etc.

Blue Leader
09-09-2011, 08:01 PM
This sounds like an interesting, and fairly easy, exercise to start. I gather the objective is to pull yourself up with the bar? I wasn't entirely sure because, in the picture, the person's feet are planted on the ground and it looks like she's using her legs to push herself up, not her arms to pull herself, but perhaps that's just to keep balance. Or maybe it's both...?
I'll have to give this a try, assuming I can find some room to do it. Ugh, messy house.

TsukasaAmou
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
today I started this workout :) Thanks for posting it. I had to replace squats with a different exercise since my doctor said they are terrible for my knees (not for everyone's knees, just mine and anyone else with the same problem of high knee caps). After one day I feel beat but I can not wait till this is easy and I look good :D

Sakkarra-Ookami
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Only able to do one rep each unfortunately. ^^; No pullups for me because no bar and no sturdy chairs; I did follow along with Part 1 of a Dance Tutorial afterwards though! So...Bonus? :'D /shot

I am SO out of shape...TTATT

AkariSakumi
10-01-2013, 08:19 PM
As a military member who's required to workout (-_-'), I can say that this is a very solid workout routine and very well put together. Great job!