PDA

View Full Version : Requesting review on [ x ] product...

Jia Jem
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
This is a thread to request reviews. Please keep all requests in this thread, so we can keep this forum focused on content rather than questions. Thank you for understanding. :)

darkangelxX447
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I currently own a really cheap digital camera, its a Sanyo VPC-E870. I was looking at this camera, a Canon PowerShot SX30-IS.
I am not happy with my Sanyo in the fact that the pictures turn out blurry most of the time especially when I zoom in. I will be using my new camera for taking Cosplay pictures as well as taking photos and videos at concerts. So I was wondering if this Canon camera is good enough to take pictures from distances and if it will take high quality pictures and videos.
Thanks.

mrgetalife
11-04-2010, 04:34 PM
The problem with the SX30 its huge in the point and shoot world. Its as large as a DSLR and not quite one. The images like most canon P&S should be good. I'd look into the G12 personally if I was in that price range. You lose a lot of range but its just more compact. From the spec sheet the G12 might do better in night/indoor settings. The G12 should be out soon. But there's also the older model that's good the G11 which you might find on clearance.

AnimeViolinist
06-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd like to as kfor a review on Kodak Z990. http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Digital-Optical-3-0-Inch/dp/B004FLL53Q/ref=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=502394&s=photo

Shoji-Aoyama
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
I was PERSONALLY never into the whole super long zoom camera thing, as I cant look past the corners they have to cut to get those massive zoom ranges into that small a package for that little money

that aside looking down the specs sheet objectively it seems like your average current day affair, a small BSI-CMOS sensor for better low light performance, a big 30x optical zoom, the necessary image stabilization at that range for cleaner shots, the flash is a fairly powerful unit by Point and Shoot standards, 1080p video at 30 FPS is very good, and the operation on AA batteries is always a plus

that being said if you can live with the size, and some of the lens' shortcomings, and you really need that zoom range, then by all means, go for it, it should serve you well. . . if however you dont need that massive range, Id get something smaller and more pocket friendly, Im partial to Canon, Panasonic and Fuji for such needs

FlashBlitzen
05-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Anyone worked with a Glidecam HD4000?

CrookedCompass
11-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I currently own a really cheap digital camera, its a Sanyo VPC-E870. I was looking at this camera, a Canon PowerShot SX30-IS.
I am not happy with my Sanyo in the fact that the pictures turn out blurry most of the time especially when I zoom in. I will be using my new camera for taking Cosplay pictures as well as taking photos and videos at concerts. So I was wondering if this Canon camera is good enough to take pictures from distances and if it will take high quality pictures and videos.
Thanks.I've never used an SX30-IS, but I own the SX-50 HS and from what I understand from doing a little research (http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-PowerShot-SX50-HS-vs-Canon_PowerShot_SX30_IS), the SX50 costs a little more than the SX30, but you get what you pay for. The SX50 takes excellent videos and high quality photos-- All the photos in my gallery were taken with my SX50 if you want to see examples. I use it for masquerades, both videos and photos from several rows back. It's got good zoom quality and capability. It also has a nifty function that lets you temporarily zoom out to see where you are in the "big picture" and when you release the button, it'll resume the exact zoom you had before. Sometimes the automatic lighting setting doesn't work and you'll have to play with the ISO settings. This is actually helpful in places like masquerades and possibly concerts, when the lighting isn't too likely to change as long as you don't change locations (and there are no pyrotechnics or anything).

Sorry I couldn't help you more with the SX30, but I can't recommend the SX50 enough. It's compact enough that you can probably get a bag for it at a local Goodwill that will double as a con-bag, but it's good quality with photos and videos and plus, it's does well with zooming in.