PDA

View Full Version : +BlazBlu+ Taokaka -Movable Ears?

Naoko-plush
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
So! I'm planning on cosplaying Taokaka within the next 6 months.
For the uninformed, this is Taokaka: http://round1ko.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/taokaka-full.jpg

In-game, her tail and ears move depending on her mood. While she's idle, she looks to one side and her ears flicker, when she's sad or hurt they lay flat against her hood, and so on.

I think it would add a lot of character to my cosplay if I could somehow make the ears move whenever I pulled/squeezed something. Whatever contraption I end up using will probably have to run down the inside of the sleeves to my actual hands.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated ^___^

- Naoko

Atolii
07-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Try fishing wire.
Just fill your ears with some kind of foam, tie fishing wire on the end of each ear, then string the wire through your sleeves and attach it to your fingers. When you move your fingers your ears will move, too.

There are a couple tutorials on Youtube, actually.
Look up "Moving Neko Ears" and you'll find a tutorial. c:

Naoko-plush
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Try fishing wire.
Just fill your ears with some kind of foam, tie fishing wire on the end of each ear, then string the wire through your sleeves and attach it to your fingers. When you move your fingers your ears will move, too.

There are a couple tutorials on Youtube, actually.
Look up "Moving Neko Ears" and you'll find a tutorial. c:

Thanks a million! 8D

Melodious Nocturne
08-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm cosplaying her too! And I had the same idea! I thought it be cuuuuute! <3