PDA

View Full Version : craftmanship judging?

dressdragn
09-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Hi,

The anime next web site dosen't say anything about craftmanship judging, dose this mean it's part of the stage cosplay? or it there isn't any? or there will be a hall cosplay or what?

~Anna

SailorMo
09-23-2003, 08:07 PM
dammit... Emmy's got all this info... (Sorry.. I've been a little preoccupied since Otakon with real life matters.. >.< )

There WILL be craftmanship judging before the masquerade. It will be done by appointment. We WILL have a nice separate (and most likely *ahem* /quiet/) room to do this in too. ^_^

And last I heard we'll be having a hall contest as well...

Details to follow....

*goes off to bug the wench in charge* *flies*

TyJILDown
09-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Hmm in regard to this, I was wondering the same thing. Is there going to be pre reg online or just at the con? I haven't attended ANext so I don't know how it's going to be run nor do I know if it will differ from pervious years. ^^

SailorMo
09-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Yup, you can pre-reg for the masquerade online. Just go to our website (http://www.animenext.org) and get the form there. We'll still be having masquerade registration at the con, on friday and saturday.

AHA!! Just found the schedule!

Masquerade Registration and Judging will be taking place in the Mianus River Suite on the lobby level. If you want to be judged for craftsmanship, we need you to check-in (or register if you haven't done so online) on friday, and we'll then set you up with an appointment for either friday or saturday.

Friday:
Registration 12pm-4pm
Judging 5pm-7pm

Saturday
Registration 11am-1pm
Judging 2pm - 4pm
Cosplay/Awards 6:45pm-10pm

Just a side note-- if you're unfamiliar with the hotel layout, we have a link to the hotel's site off ours-- go to "Groups and Meetings" and you'll find the floor plans there. ^_^

~Mo
AnimeNEXT2003 Cosplay Co-Coordinator

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2003, 09:20 PM
I don't see it... :/

SailorMo
09-23-2003, 09:26 PM
okay...

www.animenext.org ----> Location ----> "Hilton Rye Town" (it's a link!) ----> "Groups and Meetings" link -----> "Floor Plans" link, to the right

But here's the direct link anyway... hopefully it works >.>

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/floorplans.jhtml;jsessionid=CN0K35OPAUITQCSGBIVMVC QKIYFC3UUC?ctyhocn=RYEHIHH

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Er... I meant for cosplay preregs... ^^;;;;

Emeralda
09-23-2003, 10:22 PM
*stumbles in from work* You will have to snag the pdf / text file from the Forums section of the site. Since the webmaster never added it, even though I asked several times.

Ranma Saotome
09-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Permission to shoot the webmaster? *proceeds to prereg*

dressdragn
09-24-2003, 08:50 AM
wait how do I pre-reg for cosplay again?

~Anna

TyJILDown
09-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Online registration form is here on the forums:

http://www.animenext.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79

Saves you guys the trouble :D

Also, I must request to be judged on Saturday...my costume has full facial makeup and takes me wayyy too long to get prepped for so I am only wearing it for that day.