PDA

View Full Version : panel mix up hilariousness

dressdragn
09-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi,

I was reading over the Anime Next Schedual, and I ran acrost "Fetishism & Diversity (18+)".

This is hillarious to me, b/c we did this panel at BAAF, the full title is Cutral Fetishism and Diversity in Anime. It's about how so much anime is set in non-asain enviorment, and how they fetishise western esp. european culture much in the same way we fetishise japanes culture with out real synthis.

Theres nothing at all dirty about the panel... but they've got it 18 and over and on a late night slot.

My guess is that one of the speakers proably Dillion Font, b/c that man loves panels, wanted to do the panel again, anime next missunderstood what it was about.

~Anna

echocharlie
09-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi,

I was reading over the Anime Next Schedual, and I ran acrost "Fetishism & Diversity (18+)".

This is hillarious to me, b/c we did this panel at BAAF, the full title is Cutral Fetishism and Diversity in Anime. It's about how so much anime is set in non-asain enviorment, and how they fetishise western esp. european culture much in the same way we fetishise japanes culture with out real synthis.

Theres nothing at all dirty about the panel... but they've got it 18 and over and on a late night slot.

My guess is that one of the speakers proably Dillion Font, b/c that man loves panels, wanted to do the panel again, anime next missunderstood what it was about.

~Anna

Actually, the full description of the Panel is in our Program Guide...
We just couldn't fit the whole title into this little box in the schedule.
Did you notice how long it is? XD

dressdragn
09-25-2003, 09:01 AM
the 18+ part is funny, b/c the orginal panel was academic and not at all sexy, theres a diffrence btw. cutral fetishism and fetishism in it's slang usage.