PDA

View Full Version : Can I make my own character and cosplay as them? And how can I make the cosplay?

lovejuju97
07-17-2010, 02:27 AM
I would like to know that if I have made up my own anime/manga character, if I can cosplay as them at a con or any related events? I've acted like her at times. And I would also like to know how to make/sew the parts of her cosplay:
-Wolf Ears
-Wolf Tail (that are attachable to jeans)
I am open to many methods of construction, and by the way I'm only 13 so I have a limited amount of things I can do/use :P
So please leave as many methods as you know to making the items that I am in need of!
PLEASE and THANK YOU
(to all of you who give me information)

kiratsukai
07-17-2010, 02:51 AM
You can do anything you like.

But you may find very few people want your photo or will stop and chat with you on account of your costume. As for how to make ears and tails ~ there are several dozen tutorials online from the furry community. Just google "wolf ears tutorial" and "wolf tail tutorial".

shinjisaphire
07-17-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree with kiratsukai (again, we keep commenting on the same things). You can cosplay as aything you want. if not than it wouldnt be cosPLAY. people probably wont ask you much about your costume unless you have something big like angel wings or a sword youve made. but feel free to dress up anyway. Take a photo when its done and private message it to me cuz it sounds cool! :)

ferrin
07-17-2010, 12:24 PM
But you may find very few people want your photo or will stop and chat with you on account of your costume.

i don't really agree with this. i don't cosplay, but i did go to a convention once using my regular clothing. i'm victorian gothic so my clothing is a bit unique, if you will, but i had my photo taken and was hugged more times than anyone i was with. about every ten feet.

lovejuju97
07-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks you guys! I have actually been thinking up her style and what she is like for months now, and since I've never cosplayed before I think this would be very good for me to do for my first time X3 Especially since I don't know any characters from any manga/anime that I look like XP Many of my friends look like the character they portray, and I would like to do that also. But a lot of anime characters have bangs, and I don't want to cut my hair :P and I have no money for wigs :P So I think making my own character is better. I'll add some things to how she looks to make her stand out more, but I don't really like being the center of attention much, so i might not XP

lovejuju97
07-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I would also like to know where I can buy fake wolf fur?

LoyanteKittay(3
07-17-2010, 06:41 PM
You can buy it online at fabric websites or at fabric stores. It is pretty expensive o.o

lovejuju97
07-17-2010, 10:33 PM
deleted

DarkChaos
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Kind of late coming in, but I have found that costumes and cons vary. I have been already established characters and barely get recognized, but one time I dressed as an original character and got a lot of attention :D He's probably been my second most popular cosplay; right behind my Sesshoumaru.

Tails are easy, just sewing to identical peices of fabric together inside out, leaing the top part open. Once done sewing just pull it right side out, stuff for fluffiness, leae about half an inch to stick a large safety pin it and use that to attach to pants (I did that for my Ritsuka tail which I also used for my Coon cosplay.

Ears are tricky, but what I used to make them (you can see them on my Ritsuka and Coon cosplays) was a large plastic sheet of cross-stitching stuff (to cut into shape) some masking tape, fake fur from wal-mart, pink felt, a head band, and lots of hot glue ^_^; Oh, and also you might would want to used a Styrofoam manikan (sp?) head to hold everything-if you use a cloth headband like I did.