PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Architect

ModernPrincess
07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I am making a steampunk outfit to wear to a con in the not-so-distant future. After much brainstorming, my friends and I settled on my outfit being designed around an "Architect". I have the clothing down pat. But I'm having issues with the same thing I always have issues with: Accessories. So does anyone have any suggestions? And fyi, I will be crossplaying.

InkRaven
07-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Right-angle measure? Drawing compass? I'd look at architectural tools, and maybe put them in a belt? I'm no expert at steampunk, but I bet if you managed to make a cool brass (or brass-looking) drawing compass, it would definitely add to the feel of the costume >.>

ModernPrincess
07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Right-angle measure? Drawing compass? I'd look at architectural tools, and maybe put them in a belt? I'm no expert at steampunk, but I bet if you managed to make a cool brass (or brass-looking) drawing compass, it would definitely add to the feel of the costume >.>

So like.........just architect tools that have been given a steampunk flare? Perhaps I should ask someone/do some research as to what an architect uses. xD

milk&honey
07-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I actually remember seeing a steampunk look based on a similar theme in the past. The guy had a backpack that was bursting with rolled up blueprints, an interesting eye piece that was made of several different magnifying glasses built up on each other, and a few other things that I can't recall or name, haha.

ModernPrincess
07-21-2010, 12:24 AM
I actually remember seeing a steampunk look based on a similar theme in the past. The guy had a backpack that was bursting with rolled up blueprints, an interesting eye piece that was made of several different magnifying glasses built up on each other, and a few other things that I can't recall or name, haha.

DO WANT

talkenia
08-11-2010, 03:39 PM
agrees with
DO WANT!!!

Ironhill
08-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Maybe have a wrist guard/brace thingy that would have a small telescope and compass so you could do some quick surveying on the site. Your assistant could have a survey stick with a steampunked device on top and a long tape measure.