PDA

View Full Version : Michigan - Great Lakes, Great Photoshoot Locations!

lunaladyoflight
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
There are a bunch of great locations here in MI for photo shoots. Around the Metro-Detroit area there is quite a bit to choose from. Our terrain goes from urban to rural and there is plenty to choose from. We have historic buildings for steampunk, dilapidated buildings for survival horror themes, open fields and waterfront, as well as statues and beautiful architecture. The city of Ann Arbor has many buildings and statues that look modern, but also older buildings perfect for period or Steampunk.

Phoenix-Moon
09-26-2010, 02:54 PM
sadly, here in southwestern michigan, theres pretty much only beaches for photoshoots -3-

Yukikittie
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
sadly, here in southwestern michigan, theres pretty much only beaches for photoshoots -3-
We do have a couple of rivers and forests, so it's not all bad. xD

Sakura Efreet
09-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Can anyone recommend a specific place that is great for shoots in the Detroit area? One that I guess is kind of "timeless" - not too modern.

I'd like to try to get a photoshoot in before it gets too cold. x.x;

lunaladyoflight
10-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Ann Arbor is very diverse. Everyone is pretty cool where if they see someone in costume walking around they don't bother you much either. There's ultra modern, and then there's the law quad and law library at UMich which are some of the older buildings on campus. There's a lot of diversity in where you can shoot. Definitely take a look.

Kawaii Pocky
10-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Where I lived in Michigan would be great for any one that needs a photoshoot in the woods cause I happened to live in the boonies. lol A town that's about an hour and a half north of Detroit called Forester. Although I don't know where you could go where it's not some one's property other then the Forester Beach, there's a chunk of woods I used for a non cosplay shoot, but I dunno if there's any thing thick enough if you need like a really thick forest or some thing.