PDA

View Full Version : Professor Layton

featherx
07-18-2010, 03:40 PM
This may sound like a stupid question but is Laytons hat, jacket and trousers black or brown?

PuyoDa
07-18-2010, 11:30 PM
They're dark brown :3

Masqueradia
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Depends on who you ask and what you want to do. Some say black. That it only looks brown because no one in the series wears black. (it blends in too much with the line art.) I myself did a Professor Layton in black. People easily identify you. Black seemed choice to me because the professor is a serious guy and he's formal. He refers to young ladies as "miss" and gentlemen as "sir" and I think black suites him. (no pun intended)

Looking at both of his apprentices seemed to bring this point home. Remy has feminine colors (for a suite) and Luke has a school uniform on.

Pretty much just do what you feel comfortable wearing. if someone's going to gripe about accuracy they'll find faults anyway. Do it fory ou. Then you'll always be content.

PuyoDa
08-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah, there's not a big difference between dark brown and black, so you'd be recognized either way. I tend to say dark brown because both of my Layton toy figures wear dark brown.

ClassicDavis
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Actually, Professor Layton's attire really is a dark brown. I mean, if you compare it to the line art, it's easy to tell. Black just doesn't do the outfit justice. I've made a Layton cosplay and contrasting with Luke's outfit, dark brown is preferable. Black is just to uh... how do I say this... It's just to "hard" on the rest of the outfit. Dark brown greatly compliments his orange shirt and dark olive green shoes.