PDA

View Full Version : Original Keyblade Wielders

DevTehFiend
07-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Mmkay, I'm sure by now we've all seen the secret ending for Kingdom Hearts II, featuring a large battle field with millions of keyblades stuck into the ground where the three keyblade wielders before Sora fight two other (obviously- black=bad guy) evil ones.

In another thread I saw it was discussed that some of the best original characters are one that are taken from large, otherwise generic groups of people. Like taking the idea of a Team Rocket Grunt (from Pokemon) and creating a character from that. It's an original character based on an existing series with a simple explanation that does not REQUIRE one to give a fifteen minute back story.

("Hey, who are you?"
"I'm a member of Team Rocket.")

It was also discussed the keyblade wielding characters are usually less accepted because there are only a handful of people (apparently) that CAN. It's a 'chosen one' type of deal, and a lot of these characters can be seen as Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus.

Not anymore. XD With all of those keyblades it looks like before, as Nomura calls it, "Episode 0" keyblade masters were not that rare.

What do you think of the idea of creating original keyblade wielders? Do you have an ideas for costumes or characters that you'd one day like to cosplay based around the idea of keyblade wielders from the past? What about original keyblade designs?

I was thinking of creating an original character based on this concept. Not sure about the possibility of cosplaying them, what with all the other costumes I have to make for other people, but it is something I'm considering.