PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim

ToroSonyCat
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Anyone planning to cosplay from the Scott Pilgrim series?

I've currently read up to volume 5 and I just need to buy volume 6 now <3
I'm quite addicted to it and I really want to cosplay Ramona sometime in the outfit that you can see her wearing on the cover of volume 4 when she's standing behind Scott.

I'm concidering cosplaying her and when going to see the movie when it is released, if I could get it done in time which I'm kinda doubting. (Since I've got other cosplays to complete first and stuff)

SaintQ
07-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Love love love this series!

Anyway, I have a Ramona cosplay in my gallery, a bit of a ghetto version from the cover of vol 5. I'm fixing it up and I've made my hammer for the premiere of the movie.

Assuming they let me bring it in.
And I'm not the only derp hipster-thing in costume, which I fear I will be.

ToroSonyCat
07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Yay~ I thought nobody was going to post in here XD

*checks out your Ramona cosplay* Ooh, so awesome! You even have a group!
How did you make the hammer? I'm planning on making one too and I don't have much of an idea on how I'm going to do it..

Maybe you'll be the only one in costume there, but it'll just mean you're the most awesome one there! 8D

SaintQ
07-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Awesome people get in the newspaper 'round these parts. Hahaha!

Anyway. I made my hammer out of a cardboard box, papermache, and grey and silver spraypaint. It's a bit on the large side (aka, I fucked up, don't make it this big) buuuuut I really like it being overly cartoony sized.

Here's a picture I took of it before I added the silver.

stardust462
07-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I would love to do a cosplay from Scott Pilgrim. Ramona is pretty awesome, but for some reason Envy sticks out to me as a character I would want to cosplay. I think I may wait to see what she and other characters wear in the movie before deciding on something.

ToroSonyCat
07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
@SaintQ - *o* It looks amazing! Thanks alot for telling me how you made it, I'll remember that for when I attempt to make mine!

@stardust462: An Envy cosplay would be so cool! You should do it ^^

animeroxlol
07-23-2010, 03:25 PM
oh i might do Neil, i love him lol xD

ToroSonyCat
07-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Ooh, you should! I don't think I've ever seen anyone cosplay as Neil before but Scott Pilgrim characters in general need more cosplay love.

SaintQ
07-23-2010, 03:47 PM
The only problem I had in my cosplay is most people don't recognize you.
But I'm sure it'll change once the movie's out and encourages people to check out the comic.

For the lulz, new and improved Ramona cos.
I really love this costume. Finally something I have the right body shape for!
I blur out my face because I'm not wearing makeup.

ToroSonyCat
07-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, that is a downside I guess but I'm cool with not being recognised as long as I'm having fun.

You do such a perfect cosplay for Ramona! ^^ Your cosplay is great.
Aha, I don't have the right body shape for most characters unless they're young but I'll still go for it for the fun!
I cosplay for myself and my own personal entertainment at the end of the day, not everyone else.

TrannyMess
07-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I've already cosplayed Scott with SaintQ. Pictures are in my gallery. I'm planning some Envy cosplays as well. Probably going to make her black jacket from Vol. 6 and the dress she wears at the end with the giant wings.

I'm planning on cosplaying as Scott to the movie but I'm not sure where I will be at the time. My location is pending and I might be visiting grad school at the time. If I am, I will probably be stuffing my costume into my suitcase.

alicecullen
07-29-2010, 12:21 AM
i'm planning to do roxie richter's movie costume for fan expo, as seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgarwright/4691931096/sizes/l/

i have most of the costume put together or plotted out, but i'm at a total loss as to what to do for the cropped hoodie/jacket. any ideas?

ToroSonyCat
08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
*Has bought and read volume 6 now*

@TrannyMess - Ohh, I saw you in SaintQ's photos! You make an awesome Scott ^^

@alicecullen: Woah, I can't work out how that hoodie/jacket works.. but I wish you the best of luck with it and I'm sorry that I can't be of any help!
I'm sure it'll be awesome and I'd like to see photos when you're done with it ^^

kuko-chan
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Hell yes, Scott Pilgrim! I went to the Volume 6 release party in Toronto dressed up as Ramona with her Bat that is +2 Against Blondes. :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadragebunny/4811984844/

I plan on wearing that again when the movie comes out!

SaintQ
08-04-2010, 04:37 PM
My town is stupid and has no midnight premieres for the movie, so I guess I'm going as Ramona to a Friday showing XD. People are going to be so confused.

I'm pretty much done. I found a bell to attach to my hammer. I won't be able to bring the hammer to the movie, but I will for the next con I go to, which should be AWA.

MagiFox
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
OMG. I've totally HAVE to cosplay this for a later con/Halloween this year, after I go see the movie. I went to the Vol. 6 midnight premiere at a comic book store owned by one of the writers of "Least I Can Do" and "Looking for Group" webcomics (store located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada). :D We had a Street Fighter 2 tournament and hung out reading, buying and even getting some free comics to tide us over until the premiere at midnight.

I'll be definately be cosplaying either Roxie or Ramona (Vol. 4, 5 or 6) in the future. :D The comic needs some more loving from us Scott-a-holics (Canadian and non-Canadian). XD

otakusenshiange
08-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm going to do the Volume 4 Ramona with my +1 Against Blondes Whacker bat. I'm dyeing my hair on Saturday :D I'll have a Kim, Todd, (hopefully) Roxie, and a Matthew Patel (w/ Hipster Vampire Minions!) with me for the midnight release!

alicecullen
08-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Hell yes, Scott Pilgrim! I went to the Volume 6 release party in Toronto dressed up as Ramona with her Bat that is +2 Against Blondes. :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadragebunny/4811984844/

I plan on wearing that again when the movie comes out!

i was there and took your picture. :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs095.ash2/38098_703501965981_172002665_41511676_2590800_n.jp g

carladawn
08-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey! I am almost done with my Roxy outfit. Gonna wear it to the midnight showing if I get the wig in time. Doing a cross between the movie and comic since I love aspects about both. Otherwise, I'm wearing her to WonderCon next year with my Ramona. Gotta figure out those swords for WonderCon...
SaintQ: your group looked great!! I saw the pics yesterday as I was browsing the web.

SaintQ
08-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks! We had a lot of fun.
I should be bopping around AWA in vol 5, possibly vol 4 Ramona with a scott. Maybe a movie Gideon. I'm so excite.

kuko-chan
08-05-2010, 06:25 PM
i was there and took your picture. :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs095.ash2/38098_703501965981_172002665_41511676_2590800_n.jp g

Lol, sweet!

I'm hoping to get some friends together to dress up as the rest of the cast for the movie premiere. We'll be seeing it at the Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto.

alicecullen
08-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Lol, sweet!

I'm hoping to get some friends together to dress up as the rest of the cast for the movie premiere. We'll be seeing it at the Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto.

awesome! are you going to fan expo? my roxie costume will be ready by then, but not for the movie premiere, unfortunately :(

ToroSonyCat
08-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Woahwoahwoah.
All these replies when I wasn't checking *w*
Everyone has such awesome cosplays and plans and things ^^

@Kuku-Chan: Awesome! Great job with the cosplay ^^
You went to the Volume 6 release party? Luckyyy!

@MagiFox: Sounds like you had so much fun!
I wish I could have gone to some Volume 6 premiere or something but there wasn't any in England.. (TT_TT)
Ooh, awesome! I look forward to seeing it, be sure to post pictures!
Yes, Scott-a-Holics! 8D Totally.

@otakusenshiange: Ooh, that is so awesome! You're even dying your hair for it? That is so cool ^^ I'd love to see pictures of you and your group!

@carladawn: Ooh, a cross between the movie and the comic version? I'm sure that'll look great! ^^ And you've already done Ramona? Aw, I couldn't find any pictures of it in your gallery!

SaintQ
08-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I think i messed up my Ramona wig but *shrug*
I'm probably going to wear a ghetto rigged version of the vol 4 outfit when I go see the movie, for the hell of it. And I've locked in my Gideon for AWA. Exciting!

otakusenshiange
08-08-2010, 01:29 PM
After six or so hours of beating the ever-living crap out of my hair, it is aqua. hahaha Everything is coming together pretty well, too. Got my goggles and I've got a bat I need to modify. I have to acquire the actual clothes and rollerblades and Patel's boots/shirt and then I'll be done. I'm so excited for the movie! It's really fantastic :D

kuko-chan
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
@alicecullen - Yup, I'll be wearing my Ramona outfit on Saturday and some steampunk outfits on Friday and Sunday. I was hoping to find some discount strap-on rollerblades for the con that I could wear outside.

EpicOrange
08-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I just read all six books. In one day. And now I must cosplay it.

I love Ramona's volume 5 cover outfit, and do it for Halloween, if not, maybe I'll be Young Neil.

The rest of you have AMAZING Scott Pilgrim cosplays!

StrawberrySiren
08-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I want to make Ramona's bag for the premier (hello sewing marathon). I was thinking about what fabrics to get. What do you guys suggest? I'm kind of torn between canvas and some sort of vinyl.

SaintQ
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Duck canvas is good, but a little on the expensive side.

Got my midnight tix. Going as Ramona. Should be fun!

StrawberrySiren
08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Hmm...I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

omoshiroi
08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Canvas is probably more forgiving than vinyl, depending on your sewing skills. :)

KarasaurusRexxx
08-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Helloooo~

I'm planning on doing Ramona's outfit from the cover of volume 5. I'm actually going to Goodwill today to find some of the stuff. I'm planning on making the giant hammer (+2 vs. Girls), and her bag, and...yeah. But i've never worked with props, so this should be fun. =P I'm debuting it for Youmacon this year!

SaintQ
08-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I've seen the movie twice now. It rocked ultimate.
As predicted, I was the only derp in cosplay, but it was good fun.

And long story short, I got a Scott out of it~

Anyhow, I've got to mod the goggles and get better shorts, but Ramona v2 (far superior to my last one)

http://thepriceistreich.deviantart.com/#/d2wdhb8

alicecullen
08-14-2010, 11:06 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/315ocuw.jpg

just got pictures of the custom roxie wig i had made. :) it hasn't shipped out yet so i can't tell how the length of the front pieces look on me, but as it stands, i'm ridiculously pleased with it.

SaintQ
08-14-2010, 11:17 PM
That looks amazing!

kuko-chan
08-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I used matte vinyl for my bag because it holds its shape pretty well, but it's a bitch to sew (when sewing with the right-side up, you have to place two pieces of softer fabric on either side of the sewing needle just to make sure the presser foot doesn't prevent the vinyl from moving through). Also, it kinda squeaks a little and sticks to my bare skin. Maybe canvas would have been a better choice but they didn't have it in baby blue and electric pink.

Also, ended up not wearing my costume to the Scott Pilgrim opening night. I'm glad I didn't because no one else was dressed up. I still wore the bag, tho, and someone complimented me. :) Man oh man, that movie was great! We had an awesome crowd! Everyone was cheering at all the Toronto references! ^^

otakusenshiange
08-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I got all the pictures I could find from the night up in my gallery. I didn't make her purse :\ I started on it but time was not on my side and I couldn't finish it. But woohoo! Movie was even better than I remembered it! Glad they changed the ending from when I first saw it, but I still didn't want Scott to end up with Ramona hahaha I'm a Scott/Kim shipper, I guess. :D

Badass_Badger
08-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I am planning on going as an evil ex, but i can't decide between Todd (buff vegan) or Lucas Lee (asshole actor). Hmmm

EpicOrange
08-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Okay! I have decided to be Ramona to AWA 2010. Either her volume 4 or 5 cover outfit.

I'm lost on her volume 5 jacket though. Does anyone know where I could get one or if there's a specific name for that style of jacket?

SaintQ
08-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Okay! I have decided to be Ramona to AWA 2010. Either her volume 4 or 5 cover outfit.

I'm lost on her volume 5 jacket though. Does anyone know where I could get one or if there's a specific name for that style of jacket?

Oh hay Ramona. I will search you out. We can team up and beat down my Gideon.

Anyway, for my vol 5 jacket I was fortunate enough to find a grey denim jacket that looks pretty darn good for vol 5 though it's nowhere near accurate. I'd recommend a healthy dose of ebay search to find something close.

EpicOrange
08-16-2010, 10:23 PM
@ SaintQ
Your Gideon is going down.

I just reread the last book and remembered I loved Ramona's dress in that. I'm going to make that. Does anyone have suggestions on patterns?

TrannyMess
08-16-2010, 10:40 PM
I just reread the last book and remembered I loved Ramona's dress in that. I'm going to make that. Does anyone have suggestions on patterns?

I'll be drafting a pattern soon for SaintQ. That or heavily modifying a few patterns. I have at least 100 patterns so I should be able to find some to put together. I'll keep you posted on what I use.

EpicOrange
08-18-2010, 09:53 PM
@ TrannyMess
Thank you so much!

I could possibly be Knives one day. Would Anyone know how to get that red area in a black wig?

SaintQ
08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
@ TrannyMess
Thank you so much!

I could possibly be Knives one day. Would Anyone know how to get that red area in a black wig?

The easiest route would be to sew in red wefts. c:

Chi-chan243
08-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I wanna do Knives (movie version), but I need help find the the back and white scarf she has in the movie. I've looked everywhere!! D:

And also finding her armwarmers are bugging me too because they're so long and have a thing to hold them by her middle finger... maybe I should ask for a commission?? o___O

DeidaraBang23
08-22-2010, 03:44 AM
for halloween this year i want to do vol 4 ramona (i am in love with her lol. she is beastly) and i was wondering where ramona cosplayers get their wigs. I can't really find any on the internet that look good :p my hair is currently dyed blue but it's faded (i did it like, 2 months ago) and i'm not sure if i want to dye it blue again (i'm thinking more along the lines of pink xD but i have my mind set on vol 4 costume :P) so I am going to need a wig.

I have the goggles, and can easily get the shirts and find a shirt so whats left is the ever-so-difficult bag *growls* lol. Has anyone hand sewn it before? I lack a sewing machine...

ahh im rambling again.... well ya that's my qestions(s)

SaintQ
08-22-2010, 08:52 AM
for halloween this year i want to do vol 4 ramona (i am in love with her lol. she is beastly) and i was wondering where ramona cosplayers get their wigs. I can't really find any on the internet that look good :p my hair is currently dyed blue but it's faded (i did it like, 2 months ago) and i'm not sure if i want to dye it blue again (i'm thinking more along the lines of pink xD but i have my mind set on vol 4 costume :P) so I am going to need a wig.

I have the goggles, and can easily get the shirts and find a shirt so whats left is the ever-so-difficult bag *growls* lol. Has anyone hand sewn it before? I lack a sewing machine...

ahh im rambling again.... well ya that's my qestions(s)

First off, I automatically love you for cosplaying David Bowie

For the wigs. do an ebay search for 'aqua' wigs. The color is pretty close to vol 4. I actually custom-dyed mine (it was a Gaga wig for a costume that'll never be done), but you can get the same sort of color online if you look!

As for the bag. hey welcome to the 'i don't have a sewing machine' club! I commissioned mine and it's great. I'm really wanting to drop a good penny to get an awesome, movie-grade one here soon. Ask around in the marketplace and search for commissioners. It's not that difficult a design at all and hopefully it won't run you any more than 100 dollars? (I would hope v_v; )

But if you want to give it a try on your own, I suggest duck canvas for the fabric.

DeidaraBang23
08-22-2010, 03:53 PM
First off, I automatically love you for cosplaying David Bowie

For the wigs. do an ebay search for 'aqua' wigs. The color is pretty close to vol 4. I actually custom-dyed mine (it was a Gaga wig for a costume that'll never be done), but you can get the same sort of color online if you look!

As for the bag. hey welcome to the 'i don't have a sewing machine' club! I commissioned mine and it's great. I'm really wanting to drop a good penny to get an awesome, movie-grade one here soon. Ask around in the marketplace and search for commissioners. It's not that difficult a design at all and hopefully it won't run you any more than 100 dollars? (I would hope v_v; )

But if you want to give it a try on your own, I suggest duck canvas for the fabric.

hahaha i automatically love you for knowing who david bowie is xD

okay i will do that because none of the wig sites i use have the color I wan't for her :p

I think I might try to make my own because I am working on several other costumes right now that i need money for really badly haha. Duck Canvas looks like it would work great.

thanks!!!!

sukimba
08-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I wanna do Knives (movie version), but I need help find the the back and white scarf she has in the movie. I've looked everywhere!! D:

And also finding her armwarmers are bugging me too because they're so long and have a thing to hold them by her middle finger... maybe I should ask for a commission?? o___O

I'd say your best would be to make them yourself. The scarf would just be sewing strips of fabric together, which is pretty easy but monotonous. As for the armwarmers, you can always sew in a piece of elastic in a loop shape to go around your middle finger. I remember having armwarmers like that in middle school. :]

I think I might try to make my own because I am working on several other costumes right now that i need money for really badly haha. Duck Canvas looks like it would work great.

If you're looking for an easy way out you can do what I'm doing. I just found a circle lunchbox at toys r us and am making a cover to go over it. I'm using a type of canvas as well, but I didn't have to buy any of that interface fabric(which would probably kill my last needle).

omoshiroi
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM

I have a posting on Marketplace for Ramona bags. Or check out my etsy shop at http://erikochan.etsy.com

(I'm taking a short break for Fan Expo 2010, but I'll put the items back on etsy and be back to answering emails around Sept 2.)

Hynoxolus
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM
In the process of making Movie!Ramona and Movie!Scott. :D
I'm thinking the Vs. Roxie outfit for Ramona and the Green Shirt for Scott (plus the Power of Self Respect).

I love the purse info, thanks everyone!

If anyone is interested, I actually drew up an Illustrator file of the heart on Scott's shirt which has worked very well for making shirt transfers.

SaintQ
08-25-2010, 02:55 PM
In the process of making Movie!Ramona and Movie!Scott. :D
I'm thinking the Vs. Roxie outfit for Ramona and the Green Shirt for Scott (plus the Power of Self Respect).

I love the purse info, thanks everyone!

If anyone is interested, I actually drew up an Illustrator file of the heart on Scott's shirt which has worked very well for making shirt transfers.

Oh please do so! My boyfriend's doing that shirt and it would be helpful.

Hynoxolus
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
You can download it here: http://jump.fm/DPPKW

Happy to help! :D

PeaceOfMind
08-28-2010, 01:21 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/315ocuw.jpg

just got pictures of the custom roxie wig i had made. :) it hasn't shipped out yet so i can't tell how the length of the front pieces look on me, but as it stands, i'm ridiculously pleased with it.

Excuse me while I wipe up my drool. Mind if I ask how much it cost?

Badass_Badger
08-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Totally going to do Todd Ingram. I need to design his shirt logo though in hi res and then have it screen printed... and then dye my hair snow white...
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/V-F-H/v3pre_title.gif

ItsAmerico
08-29-2010, 02:09 PM
I actually just did a Scott Pilgrim (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/325626/) shoot. I need to grow my hair out a bit more but yeah. =)

SaintQ
08-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Looks cool, ItsAmerico :0

Two weeks till AWA. Or something. Whoo!

aiko_kikuchiyo
08-29-2010, 10:14 PM
I wasn't going to do a Ramona cosplay originally, but my friend sort of brought up a good point the other day and set things in motion.

I look like her already on a daily basis -_-;.

I kinda ended up dying my hair a dark navy blue a few weeks before the movie came out and before I ended up reading all of the comics. Then I cut my hair short on a request from a friend, and when I let it air dry it looks like her hair when it's a little bit longer in the comics.

It also happens that I own clothes a lot like hers. So now I'm going to be making her bag for everyday use as well and then possibly getting a jacket similar to hers.

I only need the entire other part of the cast now since none of my friends are interested. I'll likely be putting up a "Seeking Cosplayers" post in a day or so to try to get a group going ^^;.

(I should also really do a closet cosplay so that everyone can see what I mean ^^; )

Draculina
08-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Will be @ DragonCon and (most likely) AWA as Roxy. Thrift-stored most of the outfit, except the whip-belt which I sculpted. Found the exact same rose-patterned tights she wears in the movie through Sock Dreams, if any other Roxy cosplayers are having trouble finding exact replicas.

Seraphy
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Scott Pilgrim has recently become my latest obsession after seeing the movie. I'm still trying to get my hands on the comics though. I saw them at my campus book store but the next time I went they disappeared (Argh!)

Currently planning on cosplaying as Ramona, but a movie version instead. (The movies section seems to only have a topic regarding Gideon, haha).

I have a rather odd question. I know there's a comic bag with blue and pink. And many people making the greenish gray w/ blue star bag as well. However I noticed recently...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Cosplay/References/Ramona/ramonapink1.jpg
In this picture her bag has a pink star.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Cosplay/References/Ramona/ramonablue1.jpg
In this it's blue.

Like I said, I haven't really seen much besides the movie, but does her bag's color go by her hair (like officially or something...)?

aiko_kikuchiyo
09-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Actually, I'm not sure if it's ever been confirmed exactly what colour her bag is...

Although I don't own all of the comics so I can't jump back to be sure, since the majority of the bag scenes are in black and white, it's hard to tell ^^;. Even her hair colour is mainly based off the cover of the comics and when she does change it in the comic there's just a little side note that the colour is different but you can't see it since it's black and white. If you're going by the movie, then just choose the bag that they use in the movie as I don't recall seeing it change.

The bag also had more importance in the comics than in the movie ^^;.

mikcy
09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I’m going as a Demon Hipster Chick for Halloween, so I'm joining this thread. <3

I also want to make Envy's outfit during the fight at Honest Ed's.

ArcaneKani
09-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Hello all! I figure I'd come here for some honest opinions of an idea I've been thinking about. I'm considering doing an alternate version of Todd Ingram (movie version). Since I'm black I was going to do a palette swap (since most fighting games have alternates, I figured why not.), as in black shirt with a white 3 and so forth. Thoughts?

TrannyMess
09-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Finally finished a part of SaintQ's Vol. 6 Ramona dress. It's just the tulle petticoat for under the dress but it was my first attempt at making a petticoat that isn't Victorian. I'll be drafting the pattern for the rest of the dress and finishing that and a few accessories this week.

Ignore the loose threads and Styrofoam. I still have to do a little clean up on it.

http://trannymess.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2y40a0

Korinchan
09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello all! I figure I'd come here for some honest opinions of an idea I've been thinking about. I'm considering doing an alternate version of Todd Ingram (movie version). Since I'm black I was going to do a palette swap (since most fighting games have alternates, I figured why not.), as in black shirt with a white 3 and so forth. Thoughts?

That actually sounds pretty awesome. I say go for it!

Also, joining in on the Scott Pilgrim cosplay. I'm working on a Roxy outfit for ACen next year. Her belt looks like it's going to be a ton of fun to make! XD

sukimba
09-06-2010, 03:52 PM
We actually had a small SP group at SacAnime yesterday. I didn't have a camera, but my friend posted some of the pictures in her Roxy gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2698196/ I'm the Ramona with blue hair. I'm redoing my wig right now, though, 'cause it didn't look very good. xD I hid it under my hood most of the day. lol!

PeaceOfMind
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm also working on a Roxy cosplay. Kind of a combination of the comic and movie versions, since trying to figure out the movie jacket kind of makes my head hurt. xD

Also, my friends have expressed an interest in possibly getting a Scott Pilgrim group together for Fanime 2011! We may have Roxy, Envy, Scott, Knives, and Todd. :D

MagiFox
09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Finally saw the film yesterday at the only theatre downtown who was still playing it (AMC), and I LOVED it to bits. Roxy was definately my fave of the movie (re)designs, so I'll be adding her to my cosplay cache for 2011. The jacket's going to be a pain in the arse to do though, not to mention the belt in which I'd REALLY love to make it snap into a sword ala those slap on wrist watches. :D

Seraphy
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Actually, I'm not sure if it's ever been confirmed exactly what colour her bag is...

Although I don't own all of the comics so I can't jump back to be sure, since the majority of the bag scenes are in black and white, it's hard to tell ^^;. Even her hair colour is mainly based off the cover of the comics and when she does change it in the comic there's just a little side note that the colour is different but you can't see it since it's black and white. If you're going by the movie, then just choose the bag that they use in the movie as I don't recall seeing it change.

The bag also had more importance in the comics than in the movie ^^;.

After diving into my obsession some more and watching different videos such as commentary or Edgar Wright's video page, the bag does change depending on Ramona's hair color. Kinda a bummer because it limits the choices (slightly incorrect if it's pink/fuchsia hair+blue star bag), haha.

ToroSonyCat
09-09-2010, 02:11 PM
BLOODY HELL PEOPLE.
So many of you commented while I wasn't checking/away on holiday *A*

Nice to see there are so many Scott Pilgrim cosplayers/planning cosplayers

SaintQ
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Bumping with the dress TrannyMess (who posted the petticoat earlier) made me.
It's a little long to comply with dress code rules as I'm wearing this to a dance, but I am in LOVE with it.
http://i55.tinypic.com/qq3csp.jpg

I am tacking down the pleats and removing a basting stitch but it's done done done!

Just finished my hairclip as well.

MagiFox
09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
To any Roxy Richter cosplayers that need help with destinguishing pieces of her movie outfit:
http://www.ugo.com/movies/how-to-cosplay-as-roxy-richter-scott-pilgrim-costume

After seeing the movie again today, I'm REALLY leaning on making Roxy (movie version) for Halloween this year. I've already found a knockoff pair of UGG boots that she wears in the film at Zellers for $20! :o I went window shopping today and found a ton of things for the cosplay, but the only thing I need now is a proper wig. Any suggestions?

alicecullen
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM
for those of you who asked about my roxie wig, here's the (finished) auction:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250675178760&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i just got the seller to trim it up for me :)

MagiFox
09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Ok, so I got half of my stuff for my Roxy cosplay today, being:

-boots
-studded dog collar
-black rose leggings

Still need:
-wig
-mini dress
-belt
-spiked dog collar
-plastic sword

Going to wait for a couple of weeks to get the rest, since bills and my monthly train pass need to get paid soon once I get my paycheck. But it's looking pretty good so far!

SaintQ
09-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Check out my gallery for pics from AWA 2010!

SP rocked that con hard!

lululemon12
09-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm gathering parts for an Envy Adams costume. I'm thinking of doing the white trench/black dress/boots/pigtails outfit from the concert where Todd appears for the first time. The actress in the movie version wears crazy custom-made boots, so I'm not doing that. The boots in the book look... white(?), but I'm having trouble finding tall white boots.

What do you guys think I should do? The pics of her at the concert aren't in color, obviously, so I guess her boots could be any light color. Should I just try to find tan (or whatever) boots instead? Boot covers?

Thanks!

Subcon86
10-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry to revive an older topic, but I'm having trouble finding the jacket, patch, and bang extensions for a Matthew Patel costume. Does anybody have any suggestions? It's my first time doing cosplay, and I'd like to do a good job my first time around =P. Thanks!

Koi
10-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I've done Scott Pilgrim a few times.. in a few different styles, with Ramona (book 4 cover) in toe. :3 We live right by where Honest Ed's and Lee's Palace and stuff are, so we took the liberty of running around and taking photos (pics in my photo gallery).

alicecullen
10-31-2010, 06:41 PM
debuted my comic roxie last night :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/nff802.jpg

bhgemini
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
This is my Todd Ingram costume. It took forever to get the wig right. Most people in Chicago didn't know who I was (kept asking who's #s 1 & 2) but anybody who did asked to take pictures with me. So it was a great trade off. Too bad the DVD doesn't come out until after Halloween.

BTW-AliceCullen saw your pic on the Official thread. Wow! Great as always.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m11/bhillyergemini/IMG_1385.jpg

Decker7891
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi all. Loved seeing all your Scott Pilgrim costumes everyone. I noticed them in Edgar Wright's Costume Gauntlet as well :-)

I was Evil Ex #5: Kyle Katayanagi. It took me awhile to find all the elements of the costume, so I bought this and that over several weeks/when I had time. The shoes were the only exact match I found - the rest was close enough for me to the film version. My friend Annie-Mei (http://www.cosplay.com/member/188/) helped me with the "sleeve straps" on the shirt as well as replacing all black buttons with clear ones for a fully bright/white shirt. She was also Kim Pine!

More photos here at my gallery:
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/196732/

Full SP set here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameswong/sets/72157625269230296/

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1203/5127513981_6cb826e77d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameswong/5127513981/)

Techniichan
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Great costume, Decker! My friend and I are planning to cosplay as the twins as well. The turntables are a nice touch!

That guy y'know
11-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Trying to gain the power of love. Harder than I thought it would be.

Lulu.FFX
01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
I actually just posted a thread in the Otakon forums. for Otakon 2011 I'm cosplaying Ramona as seen on the cover of volume 5/the vid game version (they're allllmost the same). My boyfriend is going as Scott (not sure which version yet). I'm even planning on making the mallet. I'm SO EXCITED.

Eiriol
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
I actually just posted a thread in the Otakon forums. for Otakon 2011 I'm cosplaying Ramona as seen on the cover of volume 5/the vid game version (they're allllmost the same). My boyfriend is going as Scott (not sure which version yet). I'm even planning on making the mallet. I'm SO EXCITED.

Me and my girlfriend cosplayed as Ramona and Scott at Ichibancon, it was loads of fun and we made all the props including the mallet and "power of love" sword. Send me a PM if you need any help with props. We even found a good match for the comic and movie parka's. :D

Heavens_Night
02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I'd really like to do a Scott Pilgrim cosplay in the future... I really want to go as Knives, but I'm not Asian. :| Could I still pull it off?

ne0ven0m
02-06-2011, 03:50 AM
I'd really like to do a Scott Pilgrim cosplay in the future... I really want to go as Knives, but I'm not Asian. :| Could I still pull it off?

I think the hair style, black tank, and scarf are recognizable enough to where not being Asian isn't a big deal.

JordanExcelsior
02-07-2011, 04:50 PM
This was from AnimeFEST 2010, I also had an alternate costume (Chaos Theater shirt and black blazer).

http://images.cosplay.com/photos/28/2842718.jpg

Lulu.FFX
02-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Me and my boyfriend are going as Ramona and Scott for Otakon :D
I'm going as the version seen on the cover of volume 5.
I already made the mallet, a pic should be in my gallery but I'll post here too.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb426/devdev91/mail-2.jpg

Lulu.FFX
02-23-2011, 09:34 PM

you could use eyeliner to give your eyes the 'asian-effect'
I wear my eyeliner a bit past where my eyes actually end and people
have actually asked me if I'm asian.
If you want I can PM you a picture of my eyeliner.
PM me if you want :D

Akarin-chan
03-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I think the hair style, black tank, and scarf are recognizable enough to where not being Asian isn't a big deal.

Don't forget her crazy ninja-sai blades.

recycledcans
03-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm working on a Ramona outfit from the Volume 5 cover, and I am astounded how hard it is to find a cropped jean jacket and pink shorts that aren't ridiculously overpriced.

Akarin-chan
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm working on a Ramona outfit from the Volume 5 cover, and I am astounded how hard it is to find a cropped jean jacket and pink shorts that aren't ridiculously overpriced.

The best thing to do for the shorts is find a pattern, if your looking to save money, and hand-make them.

PapouGirl
03-16-2011, 09:43 PM

I found a jacket at Good Will. I'm doing a slightly different version, so I don't need pink shorts, but I have seen cheap pairs recently at places like Wet Seal and Forever 21. I hope that helps!

recycledcans
03-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I ended up getting a little kid's jacket at target haha. it wasn't expensive and it looks pretty good.

MaiSheri
03-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey Pilgrim fans,

I made my Kim Pine costume (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/331477/) more-or-less on a lark because it was a great way to use an otherwise horrible wig I had. I had a lot of fun with other SP cosplayers, and decided that Kim's Goth Loli (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/356919/) costume is so cute, I should make it too (based on the comic). It turned out great (no full pics of that one up in my gallery yet though - I have a back log T_T)

My issue is that I've turned into a bit of a Kim fan-girl, and yesterday bought fabric for a third costume. I'm starting to think it would be a really good idea to bite the bullet and get a comic-coloured wig to wear. What do you think? Keep going with my current wig or get a red/auburn one?

JonathanEx
04-24-2011, 06:26 PM

I spent ages trying to find pink shorts - was a good find after ages searching, but now summer's hit and they're around quite a lot now in the UK - might be worth looking again as it gets warmer?

r.fLowers
05-04-2011, 08:21 PM
When I was searching for clothes for my two ramona cosplay's, i found pink shorts in the exercise clothes section in target... i guess from reading ur guys' posts i was pretty lucky finding them x3

If anyone is having problems with ramona's bag and/or doesn't want to pay a bunch of money to make/buy the bag, here's a link for a really easy way (and cheap! :D) to make her bag... its just duct tape, posterboard, and some other stuff :3 good luck everyone! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/medialicks/sets/72157624402943399/with/4804971274/

gamekommander
05-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Hey guys!

I decided now that it's summer, I finally have some time to think about cosplay! I am not very experienced with cosplay, but it's always something I've wanted to get into. I did manage to throw together a L for a con last year (didn't know I was going to go until about 2 days before).

For a con this year, my friend's group is going to do Scott Pilgrim and they need a Matthew Patel. I promised my friend I would be his Matthew Patel if he provided the Demonic Hipster Chicks XD. And so it was decided. My main concerns are being a very white American and having to potray an Indian. Any suggestions on this and any other helpful advice on the costume in general would be much appreciated. From what I can tell his costume is made up of; the striped shirt, the tan cargoy jacket (with patch), the grey cargoy pants and boots. Any other things I could do to "fancy up the costume" a little bit might be nice touches. Thank you very much in advance and i'm really excited for what should be a great con with friends!

Akarin-chan
05-18-2011, 10:38 PM
So far as that goes, try some foundation or cover-up with a tannish/asian look to it.

Also, you could probably find a red/white striped polo at goodwill or value village or something, and modify it as needed. Also a good place to look for the combat boots he wears.

asnyder0426
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I actually just started doing cosplay after a few years of wanting to try it. My first one was Scott from the end of book 6 when he earns the Star Shirt and the Power of Understanding. I made the sword out of a solid oak plank that I cut and sanding down. Then painted the blade and handle. I also made Gideons' pixel sword for my best friend to cosplay as. I made that out of just a piece of scrap wood then painted blue, white, and purple squares after the sanding. I'm trying to do a full tmnt costume as well.