PDA

View Full Version : help me find a decent home gym???

lisacox128
07-22-2010, 10:51 PM
hi,there. was wondering anyone of u have experience with this Weider Total Body Works 5000 Home Gym? (http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d175421&ru=289837)looking my body, i feel so depressed when cosplay in my big body. has to lose some weight!!! in badly need of more exercises. i am tired of outdoor activities. so the best way might be home gym. i've searched a lot online. and found this stuff. it is said to be very sweet. but i am not sure it is that good. is it a good buy or not? plz give me some suggestions. tks

distantarray
07-23-2010, 12:54 AM
depends on what you want to do exactly but honestly I think you'd be better off lookin at craigslist for a set of old dumbbells, it doesn't require much to workout correctly, just need to do a little research. You don't even need weights for most kinds of workout, people can workout using anything, there's videos on youtube if you type up ghetto workouts lol where people use anything from trash cans to light posts to workout which is great.

A gym is nice but if your going to pay that I'd check if there's any gyms like youfit or planet fitness in your area, it's $10 a month with no contract.

ne0ven0m
07-23-2010, 01:50 AM
I second that notion. A good set of dumbbells, and a pull-up bar (or go to your local playground) are all you need. If you want to fork out a lot of money, I bought Power Block dumbbells. They're adjustable, compact, and will last you a good long while.

There are also creative ways to lift. Just think of heavy things you can buy, like bags of sand/rice, laundry detergent containers, or even a pack of soda/beer. Just don't drop them... ;-)

Kasinator
07-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I would say the only things you need are in the knuckle headed ninja wokout I posted. seriously thats all. Thats how I got my body, the only reason i have a gym membership is for their barbells.